Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Your Waterworks Drops?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 28, 2010
Although I reached 60 mid-Wintertusk I held off on doing the Waterworks until I was done there. Today I finished Nastrond, and after I couldn't find a team for the other advanced towers I decided to start getting my WW gear.

First try went well, got my Firestarter boots. Second try went fantastic, got the robe, hood and a life mastery amulet on top of leveling up to 65 c: Two tries for all the gear and the amulet I was prepared to farm for ages to get!

So how is it going for everybody else? Finished your gear? Got a mastery amulet? Still farming for the equipment?

Explorer
Oct 22, 2009
Consider yourself very lucky.

I know of people that tried for 20+ times and still only has one piece.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
On my death I had to do about 20 runs. My balance got lucky and got it all in 2 runs. My storm was really unlucky and had to do about 45 but I got LOADS of mega snacks on her.

Defender
May 02, 2010
I think the longer your boss battles are, the higher drop rate.

Explorer
Nov 17, 2013
Before Darkmoor was released, the gear was harder to get. They increased the drop rate for Hades and Waterworks I think.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2011
i got all 3 peices of firestarter gear in 3 trys lol. I may go back to farm for mastery alumets :p

Survivor
May 01, 2010
Took me over a year to get all of my Skyscream gear (farming at least twice a day), and got no amulets or mega snacks. I seem to get the worst luck with drops and dungeons...

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
I got my balance set in 5 or 6 runs. There's a lot of luck to it, but if you keep at it you'll get it. It is wonderful gear.

Survivor
Oct 08, 2014
I got my robe 4th try, and then stopped farming. The Zafaria crafted hat and boots are more complete stats in my opinion, the boots giving more block and the hats better stats. The robe is still helpful though, and if anyone understands the Zafaria crafting struggle, the waterworks gear might be your best bet. Overall I don't think the waterworks gear drop rates are that low, besides the mastery amulets...

Happy farming

Kayla Waterbreeze, level 100 necromancer
Brianna Stormspear, level 73 diviner
Bailey Sunslinger, level 28 theurgist

Survivor
Jul 28, 2009
I held off until like level 72 because I wasn't that into getting the gear but I checked out the stats and I was willing to give up health and crit for damage and resist. Done about 10 runs and still only have the boot and hat.

Survivor
Apr 09, 2011
You're a lucky one, Wizard! I've gone through WW so many times I can't even count and have gotten virtually ZERO that is valuable to me. I really hate doing it so my boyfriend thinks that the game just knows that and wants to fuss ;)

Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
Usually I just went up to the first boss for the hood and took me about 10 tries to get it and I completed the whole thing twice and got the robe on the second time, I still havnt got the the boots yet though, I am still farming

Evan star blade lvl 62

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
J StormCatcher on Nov 28, 2014 wrote:
I think the longer your boss battles are, the higher drop rate.
some people say the less time the drop rate goes up know one really knows

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
nick the wiz on Mar 9, 2015 wrote:
some people say the less time the drop rate goes up know one really knows
The only thing that matters is whether you're alive and in the fight when the boss dies or not. If you are, you have a chance to receive loot. If you aren't, you don't have a chance. It's that simple.

Survivor
Nov 18, 2012
I got my all my skycream gear in four rounds, but I really wanted that lifeforce blade.

Explorer
Jul 15, 2012
I got my Esprit gear after 4(?) runs. I got my boots on my first try, nothing on 2nd (except more boots), hat on 3rd, and hat and robe on 4th. I just fed the 2 extra ones to my pet :P. I heard people take 15+ runs sometimes, so I'm happy with it. I don't know how I remember this, I guess it's just an estimate.

Robert Angleblade, Level 100

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Dang, you're so lucky to get a mastery on top of your gear!!

Anyway, I've only done waterworks on three of my wizards

, got nothing first try, hat and boots second time, robe third time
, oh my gosh I don't even remember fully but let's just say it took me about 10 times or more to get the full gear
, first time robe, second boots, third hat.

Next up will be my death wizard will see how that goes ..

Defender
Apr 08, 2011
I personally got it all in only two runs. No mastery amulet though. I don't really need it anyways, since most people my level only use them for life and I'm a life wizard anyways.
Melissa DayDreamer 67

Survivor
Nov 24, 2014
almost the luckiest person i ever seen in my life. i tried around 20 times and no robe on my myth took me about 10 times to get full set but out of all those no mastery. you are extremely lucky. How are you so lucky Please respond to my question i am really trying to get tips to make me more lucky at drop.although now my storm is level 80 and my myth is level 100 i still want to know how you are so lucky for other dungeons such as house of scales (tried around third a ty times and only got top tier hat.) Tartarus which i didnt try to much but i never got full set. And the hardest of all Darkmoor (I've tried that around 35 times and nothing top but wand and athame.) Please answer

Alex Misthead level 100 myth

Seth Stormtamer level 80 storm

Defender
Aug 04, 2014
I am done farming for now but on my myth got extremely lucky and it took three runs (Boots on first, nothing on second, hat and robe on third, along with some really mad teammates) But on my fire it took me between 15 and 20 runs and got like four copies of hat and robe before I got the boots. Hopefully my luck on my storm will be more like my myth's than my fire's.

-Samantha Willowdreamer
Lvl 100
Lvl 91
Lvl 38

Survivor
Mar 29, 2014
Stormgem307 on May 25, 2015 wrote:
Dang, you're so lucky to get a mastery on top of your gear!!

Anyway, I've only done waterworks on three of my wizards

, got nothing first try, hat and boots second time, robe third time
, oh my gosh I don't even remember fully but let's just say it took me about 10 times or more to get the full gear
, first time robe, second boots, third hat.

Next up will be my death wizard will see how that goes ..
That's also extremely lucky!!

I got boots on my first try, and the hat on like the 8th try, now I'm trying for the robe. No luck so far, but eh, it's alright.

I really need the extra help so I'm not giving up on WW, (Ice Wizard Problems)

How did it go with your death?

-------------------------------

- Autumn Star, Level 62

Hero
May 07, 2015
hat on first boss boots on 2th still trying to get the robe

miranda jade song level 63 wizard

Hero
May 07, 2015
hat on 1th boss boots on 2th boss no cape yet still farming for that