Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The "Skip" button!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 21, 2011
Dr Von on Sep 6, 2014 wrote:
no, no, and no.

as much as i have wanted to skip over certain quests and worlds i hate, i have taken 3 wizards to max level (and one to end game) through sheer determination. how is this fair to those of us who have already slogged through?

this is basically the equivalent of buying levels. and, if this ever comes to pass, then i am done with the game forever.

but wait, there's more:

the only way this would be remotely fair: if you skip levels or worlds, you also forfeit those levels and the xp/spells that come with them. so, if you wanna skip ahead and be level 15 in celestia, go right ahead... but you will be very ill-equipped and underleveled.

for example:

if a storm wizard is level 70 at the start of avalon and chooses to skip to the end, she can. but she would still be level 70, and would not get her healing current or enfeeble spells as she did not do the quests to complete them.

@alex the cheater badge would just be the icing on the cake. but watching them struggle would be amusement enough for me.

-von
exalted
transcendent
grandmaster
magus
why do you always write to much!?!?

Explorer
Feb 17, 2011
I don't think the majority of you guys are actually reading the whole post. The person is saying that if you've done the quest before, THEN hit the skip button. So if you don't have a level 100 wizard, you can't power through to get to 100. And also for those people who say membership only is unfair, you aren't looking at everything. You can't go to krokotopia without crowns or membership. I've mentioned crowns for members and if this were to get added for members along with my idea, then more people would want membership to be able to d this stuff, and it would benefit KI as well. I agree with this because i want to play pretty much every class except ice and i think this would be nice so you wouldn't have to do the quests over and over, but there are some cons as well such as:
People abusing the skip quest
Not learning your character right away
Not understanding w101.
All in all it would be nice to have.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Something to consider. Let's say this option was implemented and you skip through Wizard City. Maybe you want to skip through Krokotopia too. So now you find yourself in Marleybone with a starter deck and your plain clothes because you acquired no gear, no gold, and no reagents. What's going to happen to you?

I would love this option if it were available for dungeons you've already completed though (with the wizard you're currently playing), with the exception that you don't get any XP for anything other than what you accumulate during battles. I don't like having to fight all those mobs in places like Waterworks. The low drop rates on some of the best gear is already low enough to be a challenge without all the additional time wasted on pointless battles. Same with trying to get to the Obsidian Chest in the Labyrinth. A lot of time wasted to do something you just did about an hour earlier.

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
Bluestar0713 on Oct 16, 2014 wrote:
I don't think the majority of you guys are actually reading the whole post. The person is saying that if you've done the quest before, THEN hit the skip button. So if you don't have a level 100 wizard, you can't power through to get to 100. And also for those people who say membership only is unfair, you aren't looking at everything. You can't go to krokotopia without crowns or membership. I've mentioned crowns for members and if this were to get added for members along with my idea, then more people would want membership to be able to d this stuff, and it would benefit KI as well. I agree with this because i want to play pretty much every class except ice and i think this would be nice so you wouldn't have to do the quests over and over, but there are some cons as well such as:
People abusing the skip quest
Not learning your character right away
Not understanding w101.
All in all it would be nice to have.
I have read the entire before I commented and like I said"It would be a great idea for lazy people and those who like living life but not earning it". Just imagine how many level 100s there would be out their due to this and I think that just skipping through to level 100 like that seriously depletes the value and experience in things.

~Lets not forget that even if you have done a quest on another character, then your success may be different on another type on wizard which you need to learn.

Explorer
May 07, 2009
I've suggested a elixir in the crowns shop that changes your wizards school permanently. Is that something you'd like?