Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pet talents

AuthorMessage
Historian
Aug 10, 2009
Hey all,

I was wondering if you have a first gen pet and you train it to mega and it did not get one of the talents you wanted, say healing current, and you hatched it with another pet, could healing current come up in the new baby? or is it only the talents that it has showing?

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Yes. Any of the talents and abilities in the parents' pools can pass to offspring even if they haven't been unlocked on the parents.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Idony09 on Aug 28, 2014 wrote:
Hey all,

I was wondering if you have a first gen pet and you train it to mega and it did not get one of the talents you wanted, say healing current, and you hatched it with another pet, could healing current come up in the new baby? or is it only the talents that it has showing?

ALL possible pet talents are given randomly. There is never a guarantee you will get one specific talent, whether it be 1st generation or hatched.

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
If the talent you want is in either hatching parent's pool (doesn't matter if it's manifested or not), the talent may be passed to the offspring's pool. I have observed in my own hatches that if a particular talent is manifested in one or both parents, it is more likely to be passed on to the offspring.

Miranda Nightsinger, Exalted Necromancer
Scarlet Windhammer, Legendary Pyromancer
Iridian Lotusblade, Master Sorcerer
Sabrina Boomblossom, Adept Theurgist

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
Survivor
May 16, 2009
Miranda Nightsinge... on Aug 28, 2014 wrote:
If the talent you want is in either hatching parent's pool (doesn't matter if it's manifested or not), the talent may be passed to the offspring's pool. I have observed in my own hatches that if a particular talent is manifested in one or both parents, it is more likely to be passed on to the offspring.

hi I hatched a pet with the one looks like your profile picture on this icon and it had healing also the death spell as well as it gives feint but I have trained my pet to ancient an it still hasn't given me the healing yet it is max on intelle an alle power is mid ways as well as the will is almost maxed with the strength but still not healing yet whats going on ? how do I get the healing?

Survivor
May 16, 2009
I need to know how to get the pet to heal :( the trait hasn't shown yet an I have trained my efreet an hatched it out until its ancient

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
MrsDevine,

The five pet abilities and five derby talents that are passed on in a hatch are a random mix from those in both parent's pools. The five pet abilities and five derby talents that are manifested through training (and the order they are manifested in) are determined at hatch and also random. Progress on the attributes (strength, will, power, etc.) has no impact on which traits are passed to an offspring in a hatch, nor does it have any impact on which abilities/derby talents are manifested and the order of manifestation.

In other, more concise words, it's all random. Welcome to the patience-trying, frustrating, gold and pet snack sapping, looooong process known as creating your "perfect" pet.