Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

treasure chests

AuthorMessage
Historian
Aug 10, 2009
Hey there.. Was wondering how people are getting phat lootz from the chests.. I always get some gold, a reagent, and a really low bit of gear.. <like level 10-15> does it have something to do with what level your fishing skill is? or is it maybe what area you are in? Thanks for the info!

Survivor
Mar 26, 2010
I'm not sure.
My theory is that it's based on your fishing level. My current overall level is 49.

Fiona IceDust
Level 49 Thaumaturge

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
Defender
Jun 15, 2013
If it's based on one's fishing level, then I have quite a ways to go. I'm level 6, level 50 wizard, and still getting low level items in the chests. The amount of coins never hits 2 or 3 thousand or more. It would be nice if it did. I have a few fishing badges like Deep Sea Pro. I thought that in particular would make a difference in what's in the chests, but it doesn't.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It's based on the area you are fishing in, not player level. The gear goes up in level with each world, just like normal battle drops.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Yeah, the gear you get in chests is based on the world you're fishing in. Low level gear in Wizard City, higher in Mooshu and Grizzelheim.

But keep an eye open for pets too. I wasn't paying attention where I got all of my pets, but the last one I made sure to note where I was and it was in Grizzelheim, in Northguard. So far from chests I've gotten a Spinyfish, a Starfish, a Pink Jellyfish, and a Wetland Hunter. I've also read elsewhere that others have caught a Sea Dragon and a Li'l Siren.

Survivor
Nov 13, 2009
Has any one got the chest in "fishing" and not be able to receive the gold or any of the other prizes?
Ive got three chest and not beable to receive any of them but if I win a fish everything is cool.
Maybe I am doing something wrong or not a high enough level???

Explorer
Apr 21, 2011
can you tell me what to do with these chests? I can not sell them, but they don't take up space, so i am not sure what we are gonna use them for

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
You don't DO anything with them. They give you gold, reagent and items. Sell the items or feed them to a pet. You don't get the chest, you get the contents.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
gorman moonweaver on Sep 13, 2014 wrote:
can you tell me what to do with these chests? I can not sell them, but they don't take up space, so i am not sure what we are gonna use them for
You just get the loot immediately. There's no selling or manual opening involved.