Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Enchanted Armament talent! Should I level again??

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
So I hatched a PED 67 (I believe) armament and I got it up to teen just now and it learned Spell-Proof, an epic talent that gave 1 resist when I got it. I was really hoping for that MC sword and shield but I still think leveling it up will increase the spell-proof and give me another chance at MC S&S. -What do you think? Should I continue to level it up to see if I get MC S&S? What are your talents on a ENC ARM? When did you get MC S&S on your ENC ARM

Here:
-I don't want to level past ancient
-I really want MC S&S
-I want Fairy Friend, Spritely, OR Recharged Battery (MC Healing Current)
-I have spell-proof and I am at teen

So.. what are your opinions???

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Gizmo The Frankenb... on Aug 21, 2014 wrote:
So I hatched a PED 67 (I believe) armament and I got it up to teen just now and it learned Spell-Proof, an epic talent that gave 1 resist when I got it. I was really hoping for that MC sword and shield but I still think leveling it up will increase the spell-proof and give me another chance at MC S&S. -What do you think? Should I continue to level it up to see if I get MC S&S? What are your talents on a ENC ARM? When did you get MC S&S on your ENC ARM

Here:
-I don't want to level past ancient
-I really want MC S&S
-I want Fairy Friend, Spritely, OR Recharged Battery (MC Healing Current)
-I have spell-proof and I am at teen

So.. what are your opinions???
Spell proof is great, far better than S&S actually. Train it to adult. You can decide then to hatch again or keep training.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Pets can get any of their talents at any level. If you want those talents, you'll need to hatch them into it anyways. Might as well train to Adult and start working on hatching the talents into it.

Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
I got it to adult. It got amplifier (MC Amplify) which is a trait that is running through my pets' bloodline right now :)

I like it and all but I wish I could just get a dang healing spell AND amplifier... I still have a teen Arcane helpers w/ fairy friend on hold though :) just in case >;) he was hatched from my adult arcane w/ amp so hopefully his adult trait turns out good

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
I'd train it to adult at the very least. That way you can hatch it, and through training the percentage of resist from Spell Proof will increase.

I have three Armaments, one first-generation and two hatches. Two of the three have S&S manifested, and I have plans for a hatching project for my life wizard that utilizes S&S.

The first-generation Armament my necromancer picked up from the gladiator manifested S&S at teen, Health Boost at adult. It's now bopping about my life wizard's yard; she may train it to ancient later before that hatching project I mentioned begins.

My pyromancer's main pet is an Armament hatched from the first-generation Armament mentioned above and my necromancer's primary pet for group quests (a mega Deer Knight with Batusi, Fairy Friend, Unicorn, Ardent Amplifier, and Incredibly Infallible). This Armament manifested Spell-Defying at teen, Pain Giver at adult, Health Boost at ancient, and S&S at epic. My pyromancer is training it to mega.

My balance wizard's main pet is an Armament hatched from the pyromancer's Armament mentioned above and another of my necromancer's Deer Knights, though not the same one mentioned above. S&S did not transfer to this Armament's pool. It manifested Pain Giver at teen, Spell-Defying at adult, Fairy Friend at ancient, and Incredibly Infallible at epic.

Miranda Nightsinger, Exalted
Scarlet Windhammer, Legendary
Iridian Lotusblade, Magus
Sabrina Boomblossom, Journeyman

Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
Yeah, got the MC Amp at adult but I hatched with a frostfang and it manifested spritely (which I got) and it manifested a cruddy stat boosting talent sadly... I am thinking about attempting to manifest MC amp on it in next hatch but I am scared I wont manifest spritely or I wont train to spritely... probably gonna have to hatch with my armament... which does not have spritely sadly.

But if I get Spritely+MC Amp that would be my perfect pet. at ancient if I manifested icespear I would freak out lol

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Gizmo The Frankenb... on Aug 21, 2014 wrote:
I got it to adult. It got amplifier (MC Amplify) which is a trait that is running through my pets' bloodline right now :)

I like it and all but I wish I could just get a dang healing spell AND amplifier... I still have a teen Arcane helpers w/ fairy friend on hold though :) just in case >;) he was hatched from my adult arcane w/ amp so hopefully his adult trait turns out good
Gizmo,

Get rid of MC Ardent Amplifier from your pet ASAP. I have three Enchanted Armaments on my fire, death and ice wizards, and they get mixed results on the pet, that frankly if I could destroy the 2 Megas and start all over, I would.

Mostly, the pets will cast it when I am battling, and my heath is low, just as the enemies look as if they are able to cast a high spell, mine cast the spell, and the enemies critical their attacks, even with me having the dual resistance on Ice and Fire.

Its up to you, but if you wanna keep MC Ardent, listen up. Carry in your side deck TC's of Amplify, Fortify, Vengeance or others, or have them in your main deck. This will delay the pet from casting the MC Ardent, until after the others have spent the 4 rounds in play, or you cast another like Conviction.

In the worlds like Zafaria to Khrysalis, if the pet casts the MC Ardent, chances are the enemies (even mobs sometimes) will be criticaling more often.

Timothy, Talon and Angus

P.S., Dane Dawnwalker, L64 Life has one that has Critical Striker around 28 or 29, Defy near 4 or 5, and MC Unicorn. But with him trying to avoid the MC Ardent, chances are he may be nervous about hatching.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Promethean oxnhors... on Sep 11, 2014 wrote:
Gizmo,

Get rid of MC Ardent Amplifier from your pet ASAP. I have three Enchanted Armaments on my fire, death and ice wizards, and they get mixed results on the pet, that frankly if I could destroy the 2 Megas and start all over, I would.

Mostly, the pets will cast it when I am battling, and my heath is low, just as the enemies look as if they are able to cast a high spell, mine cast the spell, and the enemies critical their attacks, even with me having the dual resistance on Ice and Fire.

Its up to you, but if you wanna keep MC Ardent, listen up. Carry in your side deck TC's of Amplify, Fortify, Vengeance or others, or have them in your main deck. This will delay the pet from casting the MC Ardent, until after the others have spent the 4 rounds in play, or you cast another like Conviction.

In the worlds like Zafaria to Khrysalis, if the pet casts the MC Ardent, chances are the enemies (even mobs sometimes) will be criticaling more often.

Timothy, Talon and Angus

P.S., Dane Dawnwalker, L64 Life has one that has Critical Striker around 28 or 29, Defy near 4 or 5, and MC Unicorn. But with him trying to avoid the MC Ardent, chances are he may be nervous about hatching.
Sorry, there is a lot of confusing stuff in that post.

Ardent Amplifier is a great may cast talent. It adds 15% to your outgoing damage. It has no effect on critical, yours or the enemies.