Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fishing Quests

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 23, 2013
I am working on catching a sharspeare fish in old towne. This is an ice school fish, several times I have used the reveal fish school spell and no ice fish. If it is a quest should the fish not be there? This has gotten frustrating. I was thrilled when fishing came out, but have been disappointed with the way it is done. The fish ideas are awesome of course. I wish there was more to it, such as rods and better casting and aiming when casting though. I like my games to have a bit of a challenge but don't want to feel like I'm at work and at the moment the fishing does.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
kestrel19 on Aug 13, 2014 wrote:
I am working on catching a sharspeare fish in old towne. This is an ice school fish, several times I have used the reveal fish school spell and no ice fish. If it is a quest should the fish not be there? This has gotten frustrating. I was thrilled when fishing came out, but have been disappointed with the way it is done. The fish ideas are awesome of course. I wish there was more to it, such as rods and better casting and aiming when casting though. I like my games to have a bit of a challenge but don't want to feel like I'm at work and at the moment the fishing does.
I had to fish over a few days to get the sharspeare fish. I was so annoyed, but I finally got it. You will too, you might just have to wait for the pond to restock itself or you can do it if you have the restock spell <think that is what it is called> Good luck

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Check for ice fish. Scare away non-ice fish. Catch all the ice fish. Try another realm and repeat.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
If you don't see any ice in there, chase the fish away. Come back later when they have respawned and check again.

Survivor
Mar 13, 2011
I really need owl-eyed pikes but all i get is garrrfish in olde town and in the commons i get mainstream dekois its so nerve-racking! i wish that every week you can get 100 crowns if you are a member so i really need help on getting a owl-eyed pike can't they put a new spell that reveals the fish's appearance if caught and also a spell that shows their rank plz? Andrew CrowCaster Lvl 42