Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Make Castle Tours More Fun

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 23, 2011
I was excited when castle tours first arrived on Wizard 101. I am one of those people who work hard at decorating my castles; its one of my favorite things to do next to fighting. There are a few changes that I feel could be made to make castle tours more fun. For instance,
1. We should be able to see our ratings even if we don't place in the top castles. If three people were to rate one's castle a two, than one should be able to see that. If doing it that way would take up to much space, than I would like to at least know my overall rating.
2. The people who do place should get prizes. Example; rare housing items that one can only get from castle tours.
3. I am sure there are more houses on the tour then people who rate them. To get more people to participate, rating houses should give coins. It could be after every house or every tenth or twentieth house.

I hope that my ideas are taken into consideration and, if not thanks for the opportunity to voice my opinion.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Right on. Thanks for bringing this up.

I suggested the prizes bit too, it just makes good sense. If tours aren't a competition, there's no incentive to get a good rating. If there's no incentive to get a good rating, then there's no incentive to rate anything at all. That's how so many people have been on tour for months and still can't get 2 dozen ratings.

Bottom line: The House Tours feature is dead before it even had a chance. It won't take much to fix it, so just fix it.

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
Those are excellent ideas!

Scarlet ShadowStone 90 Scarlet SwiftRiver 21

Explorer
May 17, 2009
It is a good idea but I do see a problem with this. For instance I have noticed that people will only take the time to rate a house if it has a Pagoda or Winterbane dungeon etc in it. Having prizes for houses that rate high will basically be giving people who stack their houses with crown items and bundles even more and leaving the kids out that just tried to be creative and didn't rate as high due to their lack of crowns. Then you will get people who will negatively rate a house no matter how nice it was just to make their own house climb higher on the list. There are many flaws with a rewards system because unfortunately there are many who will find the loop holes in which to exploit it. If that could all be sorted out some how then it would be a great idea.

Survivor
Oct 23, 2011
Swayyy on Aug 5, 2014 wrote:
It is a good idea but I do see a problem with this. For instance I have noticed that people will only take the time to rate a house if it has a Pagoda or Winterbane dungeon etc in it. Having prizes for houses that rate high will basically be giving people who stack their houses with crown items and bundles even more and leaving the kids out that just tried to be creative and didn't rate as high due to their lack of crowns. Then you will get people who will negatively rate a house no matter how nice it was just to make their own house climb higher on the list. There are many flaws with a rewards system because unfortunately there are many who will find the loop holes in which to exploit it. If that could all be sorted out some how then it would be a great idea.
How do you know that people only take time to rate houses with only dungeons (where is that feature located)? Have you looked at the top houses? Not all of them have dungeons. In fact there is a "Royal Playhouse" (a no crown or bundle home) in the top ten without a dungeon at this very moment. The ones with dungeons are nicely decorated and deserve to hold their places.
Even if you rate everyone else house badly, a lot of people still have to rate your house great before you can place. The way house tours is set up one can not rate his or her own home. Although you can visit your friends home from castle tours, you can not rate it by going to it. I am sure there are hundreds of castles on castle tours, so if someone tries to randomly find a person's castle it would take forever. You can't even click on one of the top rated houses and vote on them. So as long as things stay like that, I don't see the loop hole you are speaking about.
If you were to decorate your castle with only crown items you would have a very empty home. There are more house items that can be obtained with gold, pvp tickets, crafting, or fighting bosses, then with crowns. In the crown shop some of the items you buy with crowns can also be bought with gold.
I can see where you are coming from because there are a lot of dishonest people. But it looks like the Kings thought that out because you can hardly do anything on castle tours.

Explorer
May 17, 2009
Ok well for instance say someone's house is rated like #50 and you they wanted it higher they could spend all day going into houses that are in the same category just rating them poorly regardless just to hope to catch someones house that is higher on the list and make it's rating go lower to raise their own. Do you see what I am saying about loop holes. There are people that could find even more ways to cheat I am sure. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of adding more fun and prizes to the tours but I feel like there are so many dishonest people playing that it would just become another thing for KI to try to fix. As for people not rating for dungeons, in my personal experience every time I have visited a home almost everyone that is also there says something like "this place doesn't have a dungeon, rate it bad and try again". Maybe KI could seperate the dungeon homes from normal ones etc. with another category. That way it gives people without crown access a chance to rate better as well. Just saying.

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
number two and three aren't very fair and three doesn't make sense. number one is a great idea. and it wouldn't be a space, it would be a button you press to see the ratings.

Survivor
Oct 23, 2011
Blaze Deathward on Aug 7, 2014 wrote:
number two and three aren't very fair and three doesn't make sense. number one is a great idea. and it wouldn't be a space, it would be a button you press to see the ratings.
Are you familar with the coins that we get when we complete fights, and use to buy things on the game? Number three makes a lot of sense because there are not a lot of people who take time to rate castles. In order to increase participation, everyone who takes time to vote would receive coins after rating X amount of houses. The only people who would think it's not fair is those afraid that they would never place.

Survivor
Oct 23, 2011
Swayyy on Aug 6, 2014 wrote:
Ok well for instance say someone's house is rated like #50 and you they wanted it higher they could spend all day going into houses that are in the same category just rating them poorly regardless just to hope to catch someones house that is higher on the list and make it's rating go lower to raise their own. Do you see what I am saying about loop holes. There are people that could find even more ways to cheat I am sure. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of adding more fun and prizes to the tours but I feel like there are so many dishonest people playing that it would just become another thing for KI to try to fix. As for people not rating for dungeons, in my personal experience every time I have visited a home almost everyone that is also there says something like "this place doesn't have a dungeon, rate it bad and try again". Maybe KI could seperate the dungeon homes from normal ones etc. with another category. That way it gives people without crown access a chance to rate better as well. Just saying.
You can not pick a house from the top rated castle from the list and rate it. Try it. Go to castle tours click on a house from the list and try to rate it; the rate icon is not there.

Explorer
May 17, 2009
I am well aware of that which is why I said they would keep doing in TRYING to find a house that is above theirs in rank RANDOMLY and rate it badly.