Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hatching that always gets you to same pet.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 23, 2014
I have a Trojan Horse (Epic) (Pedigree: 66(25))(Life)(Gives Gnomes!)(May Cast "Unicorn")(+2 Armor Piercing).
The 2 times I hatched with it, one with my OWN 2 pets, it always gives me a Trojan Horse back.

Anybody know why this is?

Last time I hatched with:
Chameleon
(Balance)(Pedigree: 46(14))
(Gives Hydra & Reshuffle)
(May Cast "Conviction")

The CrowStaff Family
Zachary CrowStaff Lvl. 35

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Just luck. You always have a chance at either pet in a hatch, but some pets are more common than others so those have a higher chance. 2 times isn't enough to claim always. That's kinda like flipping a coin and getting heads twice and concluding that the coin only lands on heads.

Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
As I found out when I began trying to hatch my perfect pet, 2 times is not "always". If you hatch your own two pets, it is still random as to which pet you get out of the hatch. If you disregard special hybrids, and just start counting the number of times you hatch, you'll see that over time it is pretty close to 50/50.

I have been hatching my pets together for nearly five months, and probably four times a week. (That's a heck of a lot of gold-farming going on in Grizzle). I started with hatching my Basilisk with my brother's Trojan Horse (I got the Bassy obviously because the Trojan is Life-only, and I'm Myth). I got the talent I wanted on the first hatch - unicorn. Trained it to adult, and crossed it again with a sea turtle I spent crowns on. First hatch ended up with 3 epic talents out of the ten, so I knew I had unicorn, spell-proof, and piercemonger.

Then it got interesting, I bought a Bronze Golem with crowns, and wanted the strong myth attacks along with the healing, and I stopped counting the number of hatches I did somewhere in the twenties. After about fifteen, I realized I was getting Bass 1/2 the time, and the Golem 1/2 the time. I wanted the Golem, because of the Myth version of Spirit Armor, so I would trash the Bass's each time without training them. When I got a Golem with five epic talents, I stopped crossing it with the Bass (but I do know that it was roughly 50-50 on the outcome - but sometimes I would get 3 Bass's in a row). I now cross Golem-Golem, and I know each of them has a slightly different set of epic talents, each with five. But I've yet to cross one with more than five epic talents. I would say that only now am I starting to get discouraged, but I would bet I have hatched upwards of 50 pets at this point.

Pet hatching, I have found, when you are trying to get the perfect pet for your wiz, is not for the faint of heart.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Stephen Wildshade on Aug 5, 2014 wrote:
As I found out when I began trying to hatch my perfect pet, 2 times is not "always". If you hatch your own two pets, it is still random as to which pet you get out of the hatch. If you disregard special hybrids, and just start counting the number of times you hatch, you'll see that over time it is pretty close to 50/50.

I have been hatching my pets together for nearly five months, and probably four times a week. (That's a heck of a lot of gold-farming going on in Grizzle). I started with hatching my Basilisk with my brother's Trojan Horse (I got the Bassy obviously because the Trojan is Life-only, and I'm Myth). I got the talent I wanted on the first hatch - unicorn. Trained it to adult, and crossed it again with a sea turtle I spent crowns on. First hatch ended up with 3 epic talents out of the ten, so I knew I had unicorn, spell-proof, and piercemonger.

Then it got interesting, I bought a Bronze Golem with crowns, and wanted the strong myth attacks along with the healing, and I stopped counting the number of hatches I did somewhere in the twenties. After about fifteen, I realized I was getting Bass 1/2 the time, and the Golem 1/2 the time. I wanted the Golem, because of the Myth version of Spirit Armor, so I would trash the Bass's each time without training them. When I got a Golem with five epic talents, I stopped crossing it with the Bass (but I do know that it was roughly 50-50 on the outcome - but sometimes I would get 3 Bass's in a row). I now cross Golem-Golem, and I know each of them has a slightly different set of epic talents, each with five. But I've yet to cross one with more than five epic talents. I would say that only now am I starting to get discouraged, but I would bet I have hatched upwards of 50 pets at this point.

Pet hatching, I have found, when you are trying to get the perfect pet for your wiz, is not for the faint of heart.
I agree with your post accept for the Trojan being a life wizard only pet. Yes, it is a life pet but it is able to be used by any school wizard..

I like the faint at heart comment .

Mary

Survivor
Mar 23, 2014
Thanks everybody for the explanations and I wasn't trying to say my pet ALWAYS gives itself, I was asking if there are pets that do.

The CrowStaff Family
Zachary CrowStaff Lvl. 35