Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My way of explaing the schools

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 08, 2014
Life: They can throw out a ton of damage and heal a ton of health

Myth: They are like the anti tank school so if you are fighting an enemy with a lot of shields and blades they can earthquake and destroy it all while their their minion can throw out some extra damage.

Balance: The Supportive school They can throw out a decent amount of damage but they can also hand out blades to boost a stronger wizards attack.

Fire: They are more of the anti heal and shield cause their DoT spells are very good at preventing the enemy from healing.

Death: They specialize in making the enemy miserable with all their plague, Steals, and infection spells

Lighting: Unless if they have good gear they may need help from other schools but they get the more attacks than any other school. So they are like a tank without the armor

Ice: A ton of health and shields however their attacks are a little weaker than balance and life

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Ricochety on Aug 2, 2014 wrote:

Myth: They are like the anti tank school so if you are fighting an enemy with a lot of shields and blades they can earthquake and destroy it all while their their minion can throw out some extra damage.

Balance: The Supportive school They can throw out a decent amount of damage but they can also hand out blades to boost a stronger wizards attack.

Fire: They are more of the anti heal and shield cause their DoT spells are very good at preventing the enemy from healing.

Death: They specialize in making the enemy miserable with all their plague, Steals, and infection spells

Lighting: Unless if they have good gear they may need help from other schools but they get the more attacks than any other school. So they are like a tank without the armor

Ice: A ton of health and shields however their attacks are a little weaker than balance and life
Um, not quite.

Life: yes, they can do damage, but aren't the heavy hitter you imply.
Myth: Minion based.
Balance: No. Balance is not supportive. Balance stands on its own.
Fire: No. Fire is a heavy hitter...second only to STORM (no such school as "lightening").
Death: No. Death is know for it's draining spells and hence rarely needs to be healed. Also one of the easiest school to solo with.
STORM: The heaviest hitter as far as base spells go. They don't require help if played correctly.
Ice: Ice is the tank and is NOT weaker than either Life or Balance. Ice takes longer in duels due to the tank factor, i.e., the highest base health in the game.

All schools can be powerful and accurate, if you know how to play them.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Ricochety on Aug 2, 2014 wrote:

This is not true. Any school can be anything. My balance solos Dragonspyre and she does 2,000 with 8 pips, four power pips, and my wand and me gives it two pips.
So basically after two rounds I can do 2,000 damage with judgement and two blades.
No schools are anit-anything they just are what they are.
And what is lightning magic?
I think you described most of these schools wrong. Come on, myth is not known for earthquake. It's known for minions.
And I wouldn't say life throws out a ton of damage. I love life, it's my second favorite school, but it doesn't throw out a ton of damage.
And let me say this again: what in the world is lightning magic?

Survivor
Feb 09, 2014
RavenLady777 on Aug 3, 2014 wrote:
Um, not quite.

Fire: No. Fire is a heavy hitter...second only to STORM (no such school as "lightening").
Death: No. Death is know for it's draining spells and hence rarely needs to be healed. Also one of the easiest school to solo with.
STORM: The heaviest hitter as far as base spells go. They don't require help if played correctly.
Ice: Ice is the tank and is NOT weaker than either Life or Balance. Ice takes longer in duels due to the tank factor, i.e., the highest base health in the game.

Three things:

Myth, is not just minion based, it's anti tank as well.

Balance, is a supportive school, thanks to the many blades it gets.

Ice, is stronger than Life, weaker than Balance.

Kyle L.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
RavenLady777 on Aug 3, 2014 wrote:
Um, not quite.

Life actually hits harder than Fire at level 65-90. Minions are a minor part of Myth that most players stop using around Marleybone. Balance can solo, but IS the top support school. Fire isn't a heavy hitter, it's a delay kill over time hitter. Death is about the third or fourth "easiest" school to solo with because the damage is so weak. Ice has slightly more base health than Life/Balance, only 400-500 difference at lvl100. Ice's resist coupled with high health is the main strength. It's all about how you play them, that is true. However, every school does have it's strengths and weaknesses.

Explorer
Nov 16, 2012
Life can not deal heavy damage. Thanks Ravenlady for knowing that fire is second strongest. Fire's da best.
The Wolf