Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Nidavellir, Asgard, Earth & More!

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Hello Dorms, recently, I have finished reading the Valkyrie books that have been written by Kate O'Hearn, and then when I went back to Grizzleheim, I saw something that I remembered, and I had a huge idea. I get that Grizzleheim is so very obviously based off the Norse & Vikings, the plot of Wintertusk has you facing the Frost Giant Ymir for Odin's sake! But Nidavellir is another direct reference to mythology; the Realm of the Dwarves. Basically, the Vikings believed that the universe was actually Yggdrasil, or the Cosmic World Tree, and that there were nine realms on it's branches, connected together by the rainbow bridge called Bifrost. The highest realm was Asgard, the home of many gods & goddesses that were good (plus Loki), and it also housed Valhalla, the land of the valiant dead. The next realms were Alfheim - Realm of the Light Elves & Light Faeries, and Muspellheim - Realm of the Fire Giants & Fire Daemons. Below them was Midgard - Realm of Humans. Below that was Vanaheim - Realm of the Early Gods (Vanir), and Svartalfheim - Realm of Dark Elves. Below those were Jotunheim/Utgard - Realm of the Frost Giants & Trolls, and Nidavellir - Realm of Dwarves. Finally, the very bottom realm was Niflheim/Helheim - Realm of the Dead & the goddess Hel. Now, if you made it through that history lesson, give yourself a pat on the back... as long as you remember that the tenth realm is chained the the top of Yggdrasil and is called Heofon - Realm of Angels.

So then, after a lesson on Norse mythology, back to the point at hand, in Grizzleheim, you can enter a place called Nidavellir, that actually has an image of what I presume is Yggdrasil of the center of the floor. Not much is known about Nidavellir, so I propose a quest, and this is how it goes:

At level 45, you will see an exclamation mark over Baldur Goldpaws, and if you go up to him there will be a quest called: 'Nidavellir?'.

Baldur: "Ah, young wizard, I see you've done well in the Spiral so far, but I sense there's something you want to know, He points towards a cave nearby, In that cave is a place called Nidavellir. Most people are only told that it contains three dungeons, but it has even deeper roots. You have proven yourself to be powerful, so we need your help to stop something maybe even worse than the Coven. Nidavellir is also known as the realm of the Dwarves, and we need access to the other realms. Go to the moon door that is below the main platform and talk to a dwarf called Aurum Golddigger." Quest given - Nidavellir?

Aurum Golddigger: "Who are you?, How did you get here?" Quest ended - Nidavellir? "Baldur sent you here? So you must be strong, either way, you said he wants you to go to the other realms? Well, I would give you what you need, but there's this dragon who steals anything shiny that us dwarves find in the mine, but one day, he saw the glint of the Prism of Bifrost in my pocket. He's called Fafnir, but he's the son of the king of the dwarves, so don't expect it to be easy."

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Blaze Sandblade on Aug 1, 2014 wrote:
Hello Dorms, recently, I have finished reading the Valkyrie books that have been written by Kate O'Hearn, and then when I went back to Grizzleheim, I saw something that I remembered, and I had a huge idea. I get that Grizzleheim is so very obviously based off the Norse & Vikings, the plot of Wintertusk has you facing the Frost Giant Ymir for Odin's sake! But Nidavellir is another direct reference to mythology; the Realm of the Dwarves. Basically, the Vikings believed that the universe was actually Yggdrasil, or the Cosmic World Tree, and that there were nine realms on it's branches, connected together by the rainbow bridge called Bifrost. The highest realm was Asgard, the home of many gods & goddesses that were good (plus Loki), and it also housed Valhalla, the land of the valiant dead. The next realms were Alfheim - Realm of the Light Elves & Light Faeries, and Muspellheim - Realm of the Fire Giants & Fire Daemons. Below them was Midgard - Realm of Humans. Below that was Vanaheim - Realm of the Early Gods (Vanir), and Svartalfheim - Realm of Dark Elves. Below those were Jotunheim/Utgard - Realm of the Frost Giants & Trolls, and Nidavellir - Realm of Dwarves. Finally, the very bottom realm was Niflheim/Helheim - Realm of the Dead & the goddess Hel. Now, if you made it through that history lesson, give yourself a pat on the back... as long as you remember that the tenth realm is chained the the top of Yggdrasil and is called Heofon - Realm of Angels.

So then, after a lesson on Norse mythology, back to the point at hand, in Grizzleheim, you can enter a place called Nidavellir, that actually has an image of what I presume is Yggdrasil of the center of the floor. Not much is known about Nidavellir, so I propose a quest, and this is how it goes:

At level 45, you will see an exclamation mark over Baldur Goldpaws, and if you go up to him there will be a quest called: 'Nidavellir?'.

Baldur: "Ah, young wizard, I see you've done well in the Spiral so far, but I sense there's something you want to know, He points towards a cave nearby, In that cave is a place called Nidavellir. Most people are only told that it contains three dungeons, but it has even deeper roots. You have proven yourself to be powerful, so we need your help to stop something maybe even worse than the Coven. Nidavellir is also known as the realm of the Dwarves, and we need access to the other realms. Go to the moon door that is below the main platform and talk to a dwarf called Aurum Golddigger." Quest given - Nidavellir?

Aurum Golddigger: "Who are you?, How did you get here?" Quest ended - Nidavellir? "Baldur sent you here? So you must be strong, either way, you said he wants you to go to the other realms? Well, I would give you what you need, but there's this dragon who steals anything shiny that us dwarves find in the mine, but one day, he saw the glint of the Prism of Bifrost in my pocket. He's called Fafnir, but he's the son of the king of the dwarves, so don't expect it to be easy."
Quest given - I Am a Dwarf...

*You go to a dungeon called Fafnir's Keep*

Fafnir: "Who is inside my keep? He sniffs the air. Too early for the dwarves to be done mining, but Baldur should know better than to send another hero after what happened to the others. Maybe Baldur isn't as bright as he's made out to be. Come forwards, and you might just make it to Niflheim!"

After defeat - Fafnir: "Fine! Take all the bronze you want! Silver? Gold? Please don't take the prism, it's the shiniest thing here!"

Aurum: "You got the prism? Now the fun begins." Quest ended - I Am a Dwarf. "You know the rainbow bridge that leads to the house with the Spiral door in it. Well that is a fraction of Bifrost, during the war with Mallistaire, we closed it off so that he couldn't get to our gods. If rumour is true, then we need to re-open the gates of Bifrost. Go to the rainbow bridge, and put the prism on the ground." Quest given - ...And I'm Digging a Hole.

Narrator: You place the prism on the ground, and instantly the bridge splits into two bridges instead, one leading to the house, but on the other one, you see a man who scowls at you.

Heimdall: "Who are you to re-open Bifrost? You may not know it, but you have just dug all of Grizzleheim & the Spiral into a huge hole." Quest ended - ...And I'm Digging a Hole. "The war of the realms is upon us, and you've just made certain that it happens this instant."

Baldur: "Leave him be, Heimdall! He's with me, and you know the realms are in danger. So I brought the most valiant hero of the Spiral to help."

Heimdall: "Heimdall turns to face you. Maybe you could help us then, follow the bridge to Asgard and speak to Odin, he'll tell you how you can help." Quest given - Over the Rainbow.

I could probably come up with the whole storyline, but I thought that this could have a few ideas from other people, but the things I'm thinking of, are having to defeat a boss from each realm, like Jormungand in Midgard, Hel in Niflheim, Fenrir in Svartalfheim, UIlr in Alfheim, Surtur in Muspellheim. But I thought that other people could think of what would happen in various realms.

Blaze Sandblade - Level 50-something Sorcerer

~ Insert quote here.

Survivor
Sep 19, 2013
This is a wonderful idea! And what with the Thor/Avengers franchise being so popular, I bet this sort of thing could draw in a bunch of people. The quests you came up with are really cool. I think Loki should be some sort of boss in Asgard. Not necessarily the final boss, but I'd love to fight him.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
NecromancerLighty on Aug 3, 2014 wrote:
This is a wonderful idea! And what with the Thor/Avengers franchise being so popular, I bet this sort of thing could draw in a bunch of people. The quests you came up with are really cool. I think Loki should be some sort of boss in Asgard. Not necessarily the final boss, but I'd love to fight him.
Well in mythology, he was known as a prankster, but he also helped heroes, so maybe he could help you in Asgard, before he turns against you near the end of it.

Delver
Sep 27, 2009
This is a great idea.
I have always been fascinated with Mythology, my favorite being Greek, and then Roman, and Egyptian. But I've never gotten into Norse, and I think this would be a cool way too learn more about it. Very interesting. GH is also my favorite world, so I would love to see more on it.

Bailey Skullvault, Legendary Pyro
Garrett Thunderwalker, Legendary Diviner
Isabella Blade, Apprentice