Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bladeing Someone Else

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 01, 2013
You know that in a battle there's 4 spots for us wizards, well, whenever I go to the third spot [] and I try to blade myself it says that i'm giving the person on the spot a blade. I press change and try to give it to myself it says the same thing, so I give it to the person on the spot, quickly press change, then try it on myself, then it works. I saw it happen to other people too.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
I have similar issues pretty much every time I am going to do anything for one person in any of those spots. I am really glad you brought this up, as this is something that should really be fixed.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Use the 2d battle display and click on the players name instead of trying to click on a player's avatar.

Survivor
Dec 01, 2013
I just noticed that this also happens when you, on the spot. I tried blading the person on the spot, but it says my doing it on the spot. The only thing to do was to click the person on the spot, click change, then back to the spot.

Survivor
Nov 23, 2013
It happend to Me to When I pressed It Made Me Blade

Explorer
Jun 08, 2012
That used to happen to me a lot before I started clicking on Names instead of Avatars. Click on names, not Avatars!!! Like Seethe42 said.

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
Hello Wizards,
I think we have all experienced this problem at least once in our magical lives. I find that this usually happens when someone flees. Whenever someone flees a battle, it seems like the next round is a little odd. Not to change the topic of the original post, I've also experienced problems with not being able to cast any spells after someone has fled. This generally happens when it is only me and another wizard, and that wizard flees. I try to cast a single spell (examples: blades, single attacks; NOT multi-attacks nor globals), but the clock only keeps ticking down as if I did not click anything at all. I hope someone else has had this issue as well.
Best of luck!

~Shannon Skybreaker

Survivor
Jul 31, 2014
Shannon Skybreaker on Aug 11, 2014 wrote:
Hello Wizards,
I think we have all experienced this problem at least once in our magical lives. I find that this usually happens when someone flees. Whenever someone flees a battle, it seems like the next round is a little odd. Not to change the topic of the original post, I've also experienced problems with not being able to cast any spells after someone has fled. This generally happens when it is only me and another wizard, and that wizard flees. I try to cast a single spell (examples: blades, single attacks; NOT multi-attacks nor globals), but the clock only keeps ticking down as if I did not click anything at all. I hope someone else has had this issue as well.
Best of luck!

~Shannon Skybreaker

that hasn't happened to me

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
My best friend complains to me about this all the time. Are you playing in a small screen by any chance? (Or full screen with the smallest resolution?) We figured out that he has the problems when he's using that resolution. I experimented some after he first started complaining about giving blades to the wrong person and discovered that the problem is less likely in a larger/wider resolution because you're less likely to accidentally click on the wrong wizard. Just a thought.

~Emma Dreamweaver 86

Delver
Oct 23, 2011
I once cast a Bladestorm, but it changed to Elemental Blade. The twist, though, was that it wasn't targeting one specific player, meaning it would presumably give everyone one. I unfortunately clicked to change before it cast and before I could process what happened. I couldn't recreate it.