Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reappearing while fishing

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 22, 2012
Had my wizard appear twice while in fishing mode in the commons today so I couldn't see the lure. Bad part about it both times while it was in invoke mode. So it was just a wild guess when to invoke. Also another persons wizard showed up in front of me one time. I had the sound down low so I don't know if it was linked to the balance school spell learned problem.

Defender
Oct 22, 2012
I had it happen again today. I don't think its the one where some one learns a spell and you turn to them. My wizard just appeared and could not see the fish or icon. I didn't turn away. Happened this time on unicorn way.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
dune327 on Jul 30, 2014 wrote:
I had it happen again today. I don't think its the one where some one learns a spell and you turn to them. My wizard just appeared and could not see the fish or icon. I didn't turn away. Happened this time on unicorn way.
Twice on Unicorn way while fishing the camera angle was on the back of my wizard so I could not see the lure in the water. The first time I canceled the second time a fish took the lure and of course got away.

Mary

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
If you can't see the lure, just listen for the 'bloop' it's better for judging when to reel in anyways. I've noticed this tends to happen more often when you are backed up to something else like a wall or tree behind you.

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
It's happened a couple of times to me. If the fishing icon hasn't turned to "Invoke" yet, I just click it to recast; usually the second cast is okay.

Defender
Oct 22, 2012
Sounds like it happens to more people then I thought. Thought it was more isolated. Hopefully they can get a fix soon.