Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Drops

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
As someone who has, for years now, made it his primary goal in the game to collect one of each type of dropped pet, from the boss drops, I find it rather annoying when I come across a boss that isn't farmable. This is my first time posting to these boards, and I'm hoping that this is something that can be seriously addressed, as that's the main reason I've been paying my subscription to this game for several years now (I focus so much on pet farming, in fact, that I have yet to ever hit the level cap before a new one is released!)

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Robert Wildbane on Jul 24, 2014 wrote:
As someone who has, for years now, made it his primary goal in the game to collect one of each type of dropped pet, from the boss drops, I find it rather annoying when I come across a boss that isn't farmable. This is my first time posting to these boards, and I'm hoping that this is something that can be seriously addressed, as that's the main reason I've been paying my subscription to this game for several years now (I focus so much on pet farming, in fact, that I have yet to ever hit the level cap before a new one is released!)
I agree that is odd, have you looked up the pet and seen if it is dropped by any other monster?
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:First_Generation_Pets

Mary

Explorer
Mar 06, 2011
I can relate to this in the way that bosses at the end of dungeons drop pets and how much of a pain it is to try and farm them. (ie: krokopatra drops life troll)

Explorer
Jun 08, 2012
stikle303 on Jul 29, 2014 wrote:
I can relate to this in the way that bosses at the end of dungeons drop pets and how much of a pain it is to try and farm them. (ie: krokopatra drops life troll)
I think he means bosses from like, let's say spell quests, you can only do them once. So you cannot farm them. Unless you make an new character...

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Shayden181 on Jul 31, 2014 wrote:
I think he means bosses from like, let's say spell quests, you can only do them once. So you cannot farm them. Unless you make an new character...
You can continue to farm them until you turn the quest in. Once you turn it in then you can't. As far as I know though, all the pets and items dropped by those bosses are also dropped by other bosses that ARE repeatable.

Survivor
May 27, 2013
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
earthelement77 on Aug 3, 2014 wrote:
where can i get the minotaur pet drop
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Brownwood_Tormentor

For that pet Grizzlehiem.

Mary

Survivor
May 27, 2013
Survivor
Oct 14, 2012
If you can go to Dragonspy then you will be happy!

go in the battle with the sea lord he drops the storm snowman pet!

Anna smith