Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Ability To Walk

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
This is probably something more or less for RP and improv, but it's worth mentioning. The ability to walk and not just run. I mean really, we all have had that moment when we accidentally ran into a mob. What if we had a key bind for walking? That way, we could move slower at a nicer pace and still be able to have fun (whether it's improv, or the actual game). Thoughts?
-Hunter Mytg, Exalted Conjurer

Survivor
Apr 17, 2012
This is a wonderful idea, I have a rather laggy laptop due to the movements of the mobs, and walking would help with that!

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Walking is a fine idea. I'd use this in several areas in the game I can think of, although I will note that most of them are indoors, in smaller shop or home areas. It just makes more sense to walk there.

Some areas might even need a "walking only" designation. (I'm mainly thinking about the Hatchery here. It's a little distracting when you go in there and it looks like 100 kids hopped up on Mountain Dew bouncing off the walls.)

Explorer
May 08, 2014
Walking would be nice, but i rather see sitting option as there are many empty benches and chairs :P and it would help you regenerate HP faster while sitting, like other games have.

Delver
Dec 18, 2009
Great idea.
To be honest, at first I was confused until I realized that I haven't walked anywhere. Not like you can just take a stroll through Unicorn Way, right?

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Scrillas on Jul 25, 2014 wrote:
Walking would be nice, but i rather see sitting option as there are many empty benches and chairs :P and it would help you regenerate HP faster while sitting, like other games have.
I actually really like that idea, too. That way, we can actually use the items around us instead of just making the place look cool. Maybe we should be able to climb vines in our houses, drink from root beer steins, hang out in those tall towers, make tree houses, etc. Something to add more interactivity to an already amazing game. I actually never thought about that until now.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Greek and Roman Go... on Jul 26, 2014 wrote:
Great idea.
To be honest, at first I was confused until I realized that I haven't walked anywhere. Not like you can just take a stroll through Unicorn Way, right?
Yes, indeed.

Defender
Nov 10, 2012
That would be AMAZING! Especially if you just wanna take a stroll through your favorite world or street.