Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Extensions of Worlds -- Ideas

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 13, 2013
I'm sure if you're reading this right now, you've seen one of these "post your ideas - new worlds" type threads, but this one is a little different. No stuff about spells, or gear, or new worlds, really. Just new concepts, like small additions. Aquila was an example of these, and to be honest those small extensions are my favorite parts of the game. So, without further ado, here are some possible new things to add:

Many extra caves in Aquila that have not yet been used. Maybe a new area for a certain level?

An addition to Wysteria, NOT a gauntlet. Another world starts invading it and you have to drive them out? Wysteria talks a lot about other up and coming worlds.

Higher level area of Grizzleheim? Grizzleheim brings people back every ten levels until level 50, when wintertusk is introduced. Going with norse mythology, there are many ways to expand on that storyline, and maybe create a new gradual quest line for high levels to come back to ever 10 levels.

That's all I can think of, but I'd love to hear more ideas!

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
I know what you mean by Extensions of Worlds. However, when you talk about Aquila, isn't that already an extension of Wizard City? Of course it would be nice to see those unused caves, but I think they're just for the setting. But when you speak of other worlds, I agree with you. Grizzleheim has already had an extension, being Wintertusk. Worlds like MooShu, Marleybone, perhaps Krokotopia? With their settings, and being in a low level world, I'd say that would be a great place to begin.

For MooShu, maybe some superior king has returned for revenge against him and his tribe or whatever. Him and his army are taking over MooShu, and you have to stop them. Fighting against their army in a Vietnam sort of setting, trying to push through the hundreds of enemies to get to the end. That would be interesting to see. Just an endless wave of enemies coming your way.

Marleybone would use Sherlock Bones much more. Maybe there is a criminal on the loose, robbing stores and people of their belongings, and the dungeons you need to complete are investigation cases, looking for evidence and beating up some of the protagonist's followers. Sherlock Bones would help you in the fight once you catch the criminal. Another interesting concept.

Krokotopia...there's not much I can say about this world, however. All of the bad people are...well, dead. But with all the new camera affects KingsIsle has mastered, I don't doubt they could make something awesome. What if it were like an Indiana Jones theme? Running through temples with traps and such. I'd sure think that that would be fun.

Those are some of my ideas, what do you think of them?

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
Maybe a new area in Krokotopia could be unlocked, a large outdoor desert area. Perhaps with a huge river running down the middle reminiscent of the Nile. With quests that tie in ancient Egyptian mythology. Maybe work in an analog of the Great Library of Alexandria.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I would love to see that incredible 2nd Arc world designing talent incorporated into brand new areas of Wizard City, Krokotopia, Marleybone, Grizzleheim, and Dragonspyre.

Especially Marleybone though, all the littered rooftops are a bit of a letdown compared to what that world could be, with alleyways, parks, and other cityscapes.

Survivor
May 13, 2013
I'll keep this short because it's my second time writing it (logged me out grrrrrr)
Krokoptia ideas sound great to me! Maybe the other islands that have been unexplored could be dungeons or extra areas.

Sherlock Bones, also great, I generally like the idea of bringing players back to old low level worlds.

In Grizzleheim... yes it has wintertusk, but there's a lot more to norse mythology and they definitely started to get into it. For example, maybe we've only explored one side of grizzleheim, and there's this secret dark world on the other side. Maybe creatures (countless possibilities) from there have started invading and we need to drive them out. Or maybe from Grizzleheim's depths hecklike creatures have come out of a fiery pit called Muspelheim. I have no clue, just some ideas.