Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Warlord Gear = Annoying

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 24, 2010
Warlord gear is very annoying in pvp. Because anytime I'm facing somebody who is using it, there resist is hovering around 45%. Because of this they are able to halve any attack I will through at them. Making my opponent who has 300 health left survive my attack that would finish them off if I had no blades or weakness/shields to contend with. Not only that but the people I play against will use treasure cards to unleash a massive amount of damage on me.

This is causing me to use my wraith spell to try and heal without a single blade on me. Because I will use those blades to cast poison to get rid of any shields against me. But since there resist is so high I can only deal around 350-400 damage and get healed half that. Then they will use a 2 pip spell to finish me off that has a +250 modifier on it killing me in one shot. Not only that but they also have pets that constantly heal them. Many times I would've won a battle if it wasn't for the fact there pet would use pixie or sprite restoring there health beyond my final hit on them saving them the battle.

I would much rather face against players of a similar level to me who aren't warlords. Because if they do have a resist, it won't be big enough to make much of a difference and it goes both ways. I just encounter way to many warlords who use treasure cards like crazy. Not using any spells they learn, personally I just find treasure cards a cheap and easy way of winning battles in pvp.

I would like those looking at this topic to state your own personal opinions on the matter.

Survivor
May 02, 2014
Levithan6785 on Jul 22, 2014 wrote:
Warlord gear is very annoying in pvp. Because anytime I'm facing somebody who is using it, there resist is hovering around 45%. Because of this they are able to halve any attack I will through at them. Making my opponent who has 300 health left survive my attack that would finish them off if I had no blades or weakness/shields to contend with. Not only that but the people I play against will use treasure cards to unleash a massive amount of damage on me.

This is causing me to use my wraith spell to try and heal without a single blade on me. Because I will use those blades to cast poison to get rid of any shields against me. But since there resist is so high I can only deal around 350-400 damage and get healed half that. Then they will use a 2 pip spell to finish me off that has a +250 modifier on it killing me in one shot. Not only that but they also have pets that constantly heal them. Many times I would've won a battle if it wasn't for the fact there pet would use pixie or sprite restoring there health beyond my final hit on them saving them the battle.

I would much rather face against players of a similar level to me who aren't warlords. Because if they do have a resist, it won't be big enough to make much of a difference and it goes both ways. I just encounter way to many warlords who use treasure cards like crazy. Not using any spells they learn, personally I just find treasure cards a cheap and easy way of winning battles in pvp.

I would like those looking at this topic to state your own personal opinions on the matter.
I'm am a warlord and I wouldn't mind puppetting with you so you could go up in rank pvp.
But a lot of wizards thinks is cheating but it is not cheating.

My pet as barley any resistance and I don't have warlord robe yet. I have commander robe on.

And pets are allowed in rank pvp and so is TC spells.

Kymma lvl 27 Ranked warlord and yes my pet may cast fairy

Explorer
Jul 13, 2010
i'm sry but. very likely the warlord gear will be left the way it is.

but you just gotta find a way to go around and beat them, is not that hard.