Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I have a question....

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 20, 2011
How do you use treasure cards? I was taught by Diego a long time ago, and i forgot about using treasure cards. What should i do? I'm a Lvl 44 balance wizard. (almost 45)

Defender
Dec 20, 2010
load them in your side deck, when in a battle right click cards you want to remove, then click draw to pull treasure cards to deck

Defender
Jan 27, 2012
Ok dont take this the wrong way but thats funny. I use treasure cards from level 1-100. But with you discard (right click) the draw button below your cards will light up. Click on hit and a random treasure card from you side deck will pop up. Then you can use it like a normal card.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Raspykoo653 on Jul 13, 2014 wrote:
How do you use treasure cards? I was taught by Diego a long time ago, and i forgot about using treasure cards. What should i do? I'm a Lvl 44 balance wizard. (almost 45)
First you have to load them into the side board of your current deck, using your back pack and down the side click on the deck of cards icon. Along the top of the current deck you will see golden cards, if you click on that it accesses the TC's you currently have. Load the ones you want to use in the side board by clicking on them, you can remove ones you don't want in the side board by clicking on them.

While in battle, discard, by right mouse click, a regular card from your deck, usually one you won't be using in that battle or a wand card and below an icon will become available to "Draw" TC's from that side board. Remember anything you discard will not return for that battle and if a TC comes up that you don't want to use you won't be able to discard that until your next turn in battle.

I believe the original Tip on this is from the Librarian in Wizard City when you get your first TC.

Mary

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Before the fight you add the TC you want to use to your side deck by clicking on them.

During the fight you can discard an unneeded regular spell (like an extra wand hit) by right clicking on it, then click "Draw" to bring up a TC. The TC can now be cast like a regular spell.

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
right click on a card in your hand to discard it. now you can click the button under your cards that says draw to draw from your treasure card deck. be sure you put treasure cards in your deck, or you will have none to draw.
Amber

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
You have to discard a spell in your hand by right-clicking on it, then click Draw beneath the spell cards.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Make sure the treasure cards you want are in your deck.
Right click on a 'regular' card.
You should have the option to 'choose' a card.
Click that and it will replace the discarded spell with a new random one from those treasure cards in your deck.

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
First you have to add treasure cards to your deck. Open up your current deck (P key). Along the top of the deck building window is a series of icons for the various schools. Second from the right end is a golden symbol that looks like two cards, when you roll your cursor over it it says "treasure cards". Click this, and a new pane opens up, this is called the sideboard, where treasure cards are kept. Each deck has a sideboard, but there is nothing in it unless you add treasure cards to it. When you open the sideboard, treasure cards in your backpack will be shown in a panel to the right, six at a time. Using the right and left arrow icons, you scroll through the treasure cards you own. Left click on one, and it is added to the current deck's sideboard. Each individual treasure card can only be in one deck's sideboard at a time, but if you have multiple copies of the same card you can put them in different decks if you like.

Once your equipped deck has treasure cards in its sideboard, you can use them in a duel. To add a treasure card to your hand, click the button below the cards in your hand that says "draw". This pulls a random treasure card from your sideboard and adds it to your hand. You can only draw a sideboard card if your hand has less than seven cards in it, which usually means you have to discard something first. Once in your hand treasure cards are used like any other card. Treasure cards cannot be discarded on the turn drawn, but can be discarded the next turn if you want to try to get a different card from your sideboard. Treasure cards that fizzle immediately return to the sideboard. If you reshuffle or the duel ends discarded treasure cards return to your sideboard.

Defender
Jul 11, 2013
When you're in a battle, you can click on the "discard" button to discard a card and click on the "draw'' button to draw a treasure card.

Promethean

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Lol you are level 44 and don't know? Weird....
You go to your deck and put some cards in.

Okay you click the right side of your mouse on a card you don't want. Then you press the draw button. A shiny card will pop up. You can cast it. If it fizzles, it is added back to your deck and no worries.

Myrna Dragoncloud, level 50

Survivor
Oct 13, 2012
You go to your deck and at the very end of the row of school you see the treasure card signs, pick the cards you want to use in the same way you would normal spells. To you use them in a fight discard one of your normal spells that you don't want by right clicking it and then the draw button should light up if you have tc in side deck, just click draw button and tc will come up

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Dragoncloud888 on Jul 14, 2014 wrote:
Lol you are level 44 and don't know? Weird....
You go to your deck and put some cards in.

Okay you click the right side of your mouse on a card you don't want. Then you press the draw button. A shiny card will pop up. You can cast it. If it fizzles, it is added back to your deck and no worries.

Myrna Dragoncloud, level 50
Wanna get even more of a chuckle - on my first wizard I didn't really "learn" how to play the game until mid Mooshu - that's cause for and LOL, not forgetting what to do or how to use TC's in the grand scheme of things.

Aren't you glad I was a solo player?

Mary

Explorer
Oct 20, 2011
Thank you for telling me how to use the treasure cards. I'm embarrassed now