Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rate My Deck Setup

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
Hi, I am level 40 and recently started MooShu. If you could tell me if my deck is good or not and/or how to improve it that would be great. I am currently using the Runewarden's Deck.

Jack Crow, Master Wizard

X4 Tower Shield
X4 Satyr (Life Mastery)
X2 Spirit Armor (Life Mastery)
X3 Banshee
X3 Curse
X1 Dark Pact
X3 Death Prism
X4 Death Trap
X4 Death Blade
X3 Feint
X2 Plague
X3 Poison
X5 Skeletal Pirate
X5 Vampire
X2 Spirit Blade
X2 Spirit Trap

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It's all a choice in how you want to play the game. Personally I wouldn't use the life mastery and I'd lighten the deck a bit. I'd carry a few drain attacks, a few blades, a few feints/traps/prism and maybe a couple heals for emergency. Less is more when facing mobs and drains will heal you better than your heals. Full decks make your battle harder because you need more draws.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
That's a lot more cards than you need.

Eliminate Tower unless you are doing PvP. There's no need for it questing.

Eliminate Spirit armor. It wastes pips.

Life mastery isn't needed as death. About the only reason to have life heals is if you need to heal while you have blades up & can't sacfafice, but usually then you'd be better attacking using a drain spell. So I'd eliminate Satyr or at least cut way back.

Plague
(and virulent when you get it) can be good defense, but rarely needed in normal questing. Add only when you have a specific use.

Prisms should only be in when you are fighting same-school, and in that case you usually want as many as you can fit.

You always want 3 or 4 death blades, and usually traps (death and curse).

You want several of the attack you intend to use, and a backup, but not every attack you have. Poison is good against enemies that shield, but not needed the rest of the time. Vampire is good to kill and keep your health up. Pirate is a good single attack at your level.

When you face bosses you'll need bigger hits. That's the time to add the buffs that cost pips. Feint and spirit blade are usually most effective. Spirit trap is nice if you team with life or myth players, or against myth that earthquake. If you are going to use Dark Pact, put in a lot since you need to cast it before other blades.

TL;DR: Keep your deck small with just blades, traps, and your main attacks most of the time. Add the other stuff only when needed.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Too many cards. I give it a 4 out of 10. While you will probably survive most fights, you're very unlikely to get the card you need when you need it. Quests will take longer and you'll use up all your brain energy. Trust me, I've been there.

Put Deathblades, Feints, Vampires, and a single Skeletal Pirate in your main deck. Fill your side deck with Monstrous and any other cards you believe you need (this includes Death Prisms). Note: Make sure your gear adds damage to your death school hits.

Survivor
Mar 12, 2011
Your deck looks good for a very offensive strategy. I think a lot of people try to keep their deck small and necessary, so if you can take out a few of the copies you have of the spells you might not use as much, it will help you get the card you need faster.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
yes, everyone plays the game differently, and what you put in your deck is up to you. however, in my humble opinion, yours is too big and will lead to frustration down the road, when you spend an hour in a mob fight because you can't find the cards you need because they're buried in all the extra stuff.

here's what i recommend:

for mobs

2 deathblade
2 spirit blade
2 wraith or pirate
1 reshuffle

optional: 2 feint or death trap, prisms (if they are death).

sideboard: off-school wand hits (so you don't lose your blades if you have to wand off weakness or tower; this will become very important once you hit weaknesspyre).

for boss fights: put a couple of tower shields, and some tc heals in your sideboard; that way, you have them there if you need them, but they aren't taking up valuable deck space.

if you keep a minimal deck, you have a better chance of finding what you need when you need it.

hope this helps~

-von
exalted

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Dr Von on Jul 12, 2014 wrote:
yes, everyone plays the game differently, and what you put in your deck is up to you. however, in my humble opinion, yours is too big and will lead to frustration down the road, when you spend an hour in a mob fight because you can't find the cards you need because they're buried in all the extra stuff.

here's what i recommend:

for mobs

2 deathblade
2 spirit blade
2 wraith or pirate
1 reshuffle

optional: 2 feint or death trap, prisms (if they are death).

sideboard: off-school wand hits (so you don't lose your blades if you have to wand off weakness or tower; this will become very important once you hit weaknesspyre).

for boss fights: put a couple of tower shields, and some tc heals in your sideboard; that way, you have them there if you need them, but they aren't taking up valuable deck space.

if you keep a minimal deck, you have a better chance of finding what you need when you need it.

hope this helps~

-von
exalted
That's about right. I agree with small decks, off school wand, and your TC advice, but he doesn't have Wraith yet. Spirit blade costs a pip but death trap doesn't. Reshuffle is nice to have if needed, but having an extra blade and attack or is a good idea in case someone jumps in or you discard something accidentally.

3 Deathblade
2 Death Traps
Pirate
2 vampire

Add 3 prisms if you are fighting death. Usually you won't need traps then.

For bosses add spirit blade, feint, curse. When you get Wraith you can use that as attack for higher health enemies.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
As you can see, smaller decks work better. For Death school, you should never attack if you can't get health from it. Try something like this:

2 Vampire
2 Ghoul
4 Death Blade
4 Spirit Blade
2 Reshuffle
Off-school wand (life/myth would be good to use those extra spirit blades, life would be great for death vs death fights)

You'll see Dr Von's is just a smaller version of mine. I was never comfortable having that small a deck and only recently have I cut mine down even smaller. If you're not comfortable with that small a deck try:

3 Vampire
3 Ghoul
6 Death Blade
6 Spirit Blade
2 Reshuffle
Off-school wand (life/myth would be good to use those extra spirit blades, life would be great for death vs death fights)