Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Few Questions To KingsIsle

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Okay, so must of us probably know that the second arc of Wizard101 ended. Up to Dragonspyre we defeated Malistaire and up to Khrysalis we defeated Morganthe. Now, I have a few questions I would like to ask KingsIsle members and some ideas that I would like to be in the game:
1. Anybody remember the Enchanted Malistaire? He had 100,000 health, casted a Meteor Strike just about every turn, and did a Scarecrow that dealt more damage than you healed whenever you healed, and also had an "interrupt" and Sylvia Drake beside him helping you out. Will this "enchanted" Malistaire ever return to the spiral? I played Wizard101 at the time on my other account but was too low of a level to fight him so I never got the chance.
2. Will there be new houses to suit each school of Wizard101? We already have the houses of the main 7 schools, where are the Astral and Shadow school houses?
3. Will the nest villain have a name that starts with an M? My friend pointed out a couple things about Merle Ambrose and Malistaire and Morganthe, so is the next arc going to follow that tradition?
4. Are there going to be more difficult side instances in each world? I remember when everybody feared Sunken City, Tomb of the Beguiler, Kensington Park and Briskbreeze Tower, but there aren't any more additional side instances in new worlds anymore. When is this going to start coming again?
5. Will we ever enter Barkingham Palace in Regent's Square?
6. I have a feeling the war in Krokotopia isn't done yet...

Alright, well that's all for now. Anybody else have ideas? Also I'd love if KingsIsle members answered some of these, I'm curious to know!

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
PvP King on Jul 7, 2014 wrote:
Okay, so must of us probably know that the second arc of Wizard101 ended. Up to Dragonspyre we defeated Malistaire and up to Khrysalis we defeated Morganthe. Now, I have a few questions I would like to ask KingsIsle members and some ideas that I would like to be in the game:
1. Anybody remember the Enchanted Malistaire? He had 100,000 health, casted a Meteor Strike just about every turn, and did a Scarecrow that dealt more damage than you healed whenever you healed, and also had an "interrupt" and Sylvia Drake beside him helping you out. Will this "enchanted" Malistaire ever return to the spiral? I played Wizard101 at the time on my other account but was too low of a level to fight him so I never got the chance.
2. Will there be new houses to suit each school of Wizard101? We already have the houses of the main 7 schools, where are the Astral and Shadow school houses?
3. Will the nest villain have a name that starts with an M? My friend pointed out a couple things about Merle Ambrose and Malistaire and Morganthe, so is the next arc going to follow that tradition?
4. Are there going to be more difficult side instances in each world? I remember when everybody feared Sunken City, Tomb of the Beguiler, Kensington Park and Briskbreeze Tower, but there aren't any more additional side instances in new worlds anymore. When is this going to start coming again?
5. Will we ever enter Barkingham Palace in Regent's Square?
6. I have a feeling the war in Krokotopia isn't done yet...

Alright, well that's all for now. Anybody else have ideas? Also I'd love if KingsIsle members answered some of these, I'm curious to know!
~ I'd love to see some "Enchanted Bosses" in the Malistaire Arc. But I don't want them to be insanely difficult like the past ones appeared to be. I also think it would be interesting to have Sylvia Drake as an Assistant when fighting Malistaire. Maybe she could have a new type of Boost which would cast a Spritely or some other Healing Spell on the player. ~

~ I'm glad I'm not the only one that has noticed that there's a lot of major characters with their first name starting out with an "M". But I'm highly certain the next Arc. Boss will be Old Cob who's name starts with a "C".

~ All though a Shadow and Astral themed School Castle would be interesting. I don't think it will happen because it's not a major School of focus. ~

~ I would like to see an expansion in Aquila with a level 50+ Dungeon that has gear with UNIVERSAL RESISTANCE. As well as side Dungeons in Mooshu, Dragonsypre, and the other Worlds. ((Excluding Wysteria since it has the Tower of the Helephant.)) Maybe the Mooshu Dungeon could be in the Jade Palace and filled with Onis. It could continue the plot of what happens after we defeat the Jade Oni. ((For example, this Dungeon could maybe be an Oni nesting ground where thousands of eggs of Oni are on the verge of hatching.)) ~

~ Barkingham Palace would also be something interesting to visit. And maybe when were there we can face some Dogs who do wield magic. I'm thinking it could be a side Dungeon for Wizards of like 30 or 60 or 80. ~

~ And hopefully, if they continue with the Briskbreeze Tower plot, we should be going to KT soon. Hopefully it will be an expansion. ~

Survivor
Aug 25, 2012
ok heres what i think also add in some lvl 30+ commander gear that is the same but just gives like 80 block so that way it wont be done for vs lvl 50-80 critical spammers.

Explorer
May 08, 2014
PVP Master12321 on Jul 7, 2014 wrote:
ok heres what i think also add in some lvl 30+ commander gear that is the same but just gives like 80 block so that way it wont be done for vs lvl 50-80 critical spammers.
You cant spam critical it just happens

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
Emerald9649 on Jul 7, 2014 wrote:
~ I'd love to see some "Enchanted Bosses" in the Malistaire Arc. But I don't want them to be insanely difficult like the past ones appeared to be. I also think it would be interesting to have Sylvia Drake as an Assistant when fighting Malistaire. Maybe she could have a new type of Boost which would cast a Spritely or some other Healing Spell on the player. ~

~ I'm glad I'm not the only one that has noticed that there's a lot of major characters with their first name starting out with an "M". But I'm highly certain the next Arc. Boss will be Old Cob who's name starts with a "C".

~ All though a Shadow and Astral themed School Castle would be interesting. I don't think it will happen because it's not a major School of focus. ~

~ I would like to see an expansion in Aquila with a level 50+ Dungeon that has gear with UNIVERSAL RESISTANCE. As well as side Dungeons in Mooshu, Dragonsypre, and the other Worlds. ((Excluding Wysteria since it has the Tower of the Helephant.)) Maybe the Mooshu Dungeon could be in the Jade Palace and filled with Onis. It could continue the plot of what happens after we defeat the Jade Oni. ((For example, this Dungeon could maybe be an Oni nesting ground where thousands of eggs of Oni are on the verge of hatching.)) ~

~ Barkingham Palace would also be something interesting to visit. And maybe when were there we can face some Dogs who do wield magic. I'm thinking it could be a side Dungeon for Wizards of like 30 or 60 or 80. ~

~ And hopefully, if they continue with the Briskbreeze Tower plot, we should be going to KT soon. Hopefully it will be an expansion. ~
I generally agree with all of this, but especially want to chime in to agree we need some way to acquire decent universal resist gear besides Waterworks. The dominance of Waterworks gear form Zafaria onwards is ridiculous. It's bad enough the existence of the stuff almost forces people to farm it, whats worse is the fact that out of the hundreds of gear sets available in W101 you see the second arc dominated by people wearing ONE gear set. There simply isn't any hat, robe, or boots in the game anywhere near as useful as waterworks gear until you hit level 90 and can run Tartarus. And even then people keep on with WW gear because the Tartarus drop rates are so low. For the love of all that is holy and right, give us some viable alternatives to Water Works gear already. I'd prefer waterworks gear be actually eliminated from the game to the situation we have now, where there is essentially ONE useful gear set and EVERYTHING else is junk only good for selling on the bazaar. Good grief, why does the bazaar shopkeeper even buy the junk, it makes no economic sense.