Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Good Level for Zafaria

AuthorMessage
Champion
Aug 15, 2012
I finished Celestia at level 56 and 1/2 and I know that the minimum level for Zafaria is level 55. Should I level up to level 57 or possibly level 58? I thought that the main difficulty increase was from Drangonspyre to Celestia so is there another one from Celestia to Zafaria that could be a reason to level up? I also, have a level 70 friend that often helps me quest (she is in drum jungle) so boss battles and mob fights aren't too bad but soloing, I do have some trouble which is usually health related. Thanks!
Sarai Thunderstrider
Grandmaster

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
First question is ,"Have you done Wintertusk?"

If you haven't, you really should before continuing because you will have to do it anyways for new spells. Zafaria is much easier than Celestia as far as "difficulty jumps", there really is none. Wintertusk lvl 56 crafted gear is the next best thing to lvl 60 Waterworks dropped gear for at least 20+ levels.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
I have not done wintertusk on this character but I did do it sometime before Zafaria on my other two characters. What I had observed was that Zafaria became WAY too easy and not even enjoyable. My plan was to do Grizzleheim and zafaria before Celestia, Ravenscar before Zafaria, and Wintertusk up to Sudrilund once I was level 75 (for healing current). Is this going to be an effective alternative to doing Grizzleheim and Wintertusk all in one chunk?
Sarai Thunderstrider
Grandmaster

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Doesn't really matter when you do it really. It just needs to be done at some point if you want to continue to receive spell/pet quests is all.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
Defender
Feb 27, 2009
This confirms that I am over level. I made to Zafaria at 69. :I

Marcus Suncrafter, lvl 70

Explorer
Sep 04, 2010
wanted468 on Jul 4, 2014 wrote:
This confirms that I am over level. I made to Zafaria at 69. :I

Marcus Suncrafter, lvl 70
i am a lvl 73 (70k xp away from 74 :D) wizard i am in waterfront and i started zf at level 70

Survivor
Mar 19, 2014
I would say a good time to start is level 57 or 58 by the time your at drum jungle you are at least 67-68

level 66
level 57

Explorer
Mar 18, 2010
Alright, here's my recommendation.
So there's the quest finder. I recently went back to each world and clicked on the quest finder to see what quests I was missing. First, you can get some cool stuff to sell or use, and you can also get some experience. I'd recommend in your case trying to level up as much as possible. You don't have to, but it can really speed things along, especially in Zafaria. There's a lot of defeating and collecting.

-Ashley Deathflame
Level 72
Balance

Survivor
Jun 17, 2010
Try to level up to level 58. It'll help you with the extra health and mana you get