Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Now I Understand

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 11, 2012
FinnAgainWindrider on Jul 6, 2014 wrote:
My thanks to Snee, Northlite, and Ravenlady!

You have all wonderfully stated exactly what I too have been trying to say! We are simply asking that a game that originated as a casual family game, is marketed and promoted as a casual family game, and that got its great success and delight initially by being exactly what it said it would be (a casual family game), Be what it says it is meant to be!
I agree with this also. I personally feel that Wizard101 should go back to what it was originally promised to be. There are plenty of other more hardcore games out there to choose from. A lot of us started playing this game, because we wanted to play a MMO that was different and not as difficult and time-consuming as the others out there were. Wizard filled this niche for us. That is what made it unique and special in the game market. Now, since the second arc, a lot of players feel that it has lost that unique magic that made it special and drew us here in the first place.

Some of us can handle the higher level worlds, some of us can't, and some of us don't want to. That isn't the point some people are trying to make I think. The point is, I think, that this is not what we came here for. We came here for an easy-flowing game, and it changed on us. There had to have been a way to continue the game and story other than making things ridiculously hard and long. If KI wanted to enter the more hard-core gaming world, then they could have made a new game to cater to the hard-core gaming crowd and left Wizard101 as the type of game that drew people here to begin with.

As I am reading some of these posts, I am saddened to see some fellow wizards attacking each other. And telling us to leave the game and all the other name calling and such is just plain rude. One wizard even admitted that he doesn't care about our opinions and, in his own words, admitted that he is an "arrogant, immature, bad person," as if this is an acceptable excuse to act badly, because he admitted that is how he is. If a person knows that about him/her self, then instead of using it as an excuse, use the knowledge as an opportunity to work harder and change for the better.

I am sorry if this post offended anybody. That is not my intention at all. Sometimes I think some of us tend to forget that we are all coming from different age groups and maturity levels, but I would still love to see all of us treating each other with respect even if we have differing viewpoints and opinions.

I would also love to see KI respond to us in some way about our concerns with the direction Wizard is taking, because I have seen MANY threads recently here on the message boards regarding this issue. KI tells us that there are many more chapters in the story to come; I just wonder how many of us will still be here to see them.

Respectfully,
Autumn FairyDreamer Level 79 (still stuck in Avalon)

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Well, TPG Miserie, your last two posts made no sense whatsoever. Not even anything to respond to, and certainly no contribution to the content of the thread.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Autumn Rain on Jul 7, 2014 wrote:
I agree with this also. I personally feel that Wizard101 should go back to what it was originally promised to be. There are plenty of other more hardcore games out there to choose from. A lot of us started playing this game, because we wanted to play a MMO that was different and not as difficult and time-consuming as the others out there were. Wizard filled this niche for us. That is what made it unique and special in the game market. Now, since the second arc, a lot of players feel that it has lost that unique magic that made it special and drew us here in the first place.

Some of us can handle the higher level worlds, some of us can't, and some of us don't want to. That isn't the point some people are trying to make I think. The point is, I think, that this is not what we came here for. We came here for an easy-flowing game, and it changed on us. There had to have been a way to continue the game and story other than making things ridiculously hard and long. If KI wanted to enter the more hard-core gaming world, then they could have made a new game to cater to the hard-core gaming crowd and left Wizard101 as the type of game that drew people here to begin with.

As I am reading some of these posts, I am saddened to see some fellow wizards attacking each other. And telling us to leave the game and all the other name calling and such is just plain rude. One wizard even admitted that he doesn't care about our opinions and, in his own words, admitted that he is an "arrogant, immature, bad person," as if this is an acceptable excuse to act badly, because he admitted that is how he is. If a person knows that about him/her self, then instead of using it as an excuse, use the knowledge as an opportunity to work harder and change for the better.

I am sorry if this post offended anybody. That is not my intention at all. Sometimes I think some of us tend to forget that we are all coming from different age groups and maturity levels, but I would still love to see all of us treating each other with respect even if we have differing viewpoints and opinions.

I would also love to see KI respond to us in some way about our concerns with the direction Wizard is taking, because I have seen MANY threads recently here on the message boards regarding this issue. KI tells us that there are many more chapters in the story to come; I just wonder how many of us will still be here to see them.

Respectfully,
Autumn FairyDreamer Level 79 (still stuck in Avalon)
Thank you Autumn! Very well said!

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
I started playing this game with my son six years ago, and I did feel at that time that the fights were a bit too easy. The bad guys would do things that just didn't make sense for their level and class, and it seemed like you were never in any danger of getting defeated unless someone ran in your duel circle when you were low on health.

In response to those complaints, KingsIsle seemed to go too far in the other direction by creating "cheating" bosses and ridiculously hard solo encounters. There must be a middle ground. Opponents should be worthy but not impossible. This is still primarily a children's game. I only play it because of my son.

I also feel the emphasis on crowns is unethical. Anything that grants players an advantage in the game should be available for purchase with gold as well as crowns. I already pay a monthly subscription fee, and I shouldn't have to purchase crowns in order to succeed in the game. I stopped PVPing a long time ago because the crowns gear was so overpowered. I recently broke down and bought level 100 crowns gear because the gear I got from Aquila had no block. It's embarrassing to be the only player who gets critted by an area spell.

My son and I fight about this game all the time, because he's always asking me for more crowns. Then he blows them all on card packs, doesn't even get the item he wanted, and can't afford to hire henchmen which he needs to complete his solo quests. It feels like a giant rip-off. When we play other MMOs together, money is never an issue because everything you need to succeed is included in the subscription fee.

I've spent at least $200 this year on crowns and bundles so my son can keep up with the Joneses, and frankly I resent it.

Defender
May 09, 2010
I for one seriously doubt you "wouldn't be in Khrysalis now" If you hadn't miraculously bumped into them. We had roughly an ENTIRE YEAR to finish off Azteca, And if you can't find the time to do that, well, I got news for you.

Blaze Stormmancer

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
"My son and I fight about this game all the time, because he's always asking me for more crowns. Then he blows them all on card packs, doesn't even get the item he wanted, and can't afford to hire henchmen which he needs to complete his solo quests. It feels like a giant rip-off. When we play other MMOs together, money is never an issue because everything you need to succeed is included in the subscription fee.

I've spent at least $200 this year on crowns and bundles so my son can keep up with the Joneses, and frankly I resent it."

I'm sorry to be blunt, but that isn't the fault of the game. There is no need to "keep up with the Joneses" at least for PvE. Kids often ask for things they can't afford, shouldn't have, or don't really need. Responsible parents know when to say no. There's no need to spend $200. There is perfectly good drop and crafted gear that can get you through the entire game. I've never used any henchmen. If he's blowing his crowns on packs you don't want him to buy, withhold the crowns.