Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Plants dying too quickly & needs not showing up

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
I'm having two problems with my garden.

1) Need icons do not always show up over the plant. Sometimes they disappear from one moment to the next, and I have to mouse over each plant to see whether it needs anything. This seems to be a display bug.

2) Several plants seem to die in less than 12 hours. This could be related to the above problem. For example, the plant may have had a need which was not displayed and therefore I did not see it before I went to bed. However I checked my garden very carefully last night, and when I woke up this morning two plants were dead. No plant should die in less than 12 hours. This is a children's game, and we obviously should not require unhealthy playing habits.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Plants do not die unless you leave them without resolving needs. If you visit them and don't solve the needs, yes they will likely die before you login again. If you don't visit them, they won't get needs and won't die. So don't visit home unless you have the energy to deal with needs. And don't visit home without checking them. You can visit plants, take care of needs and log out for months without them dying. Needs only appear when you visit and once you do, they must be addressed. The only effect of not visiting plants that have been taken care of previously is that they won't progress to the next stage untill you visit.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
Update: There is definitely a display bug related to the pet needs. While I was in the process of tending my garden, all of the icons suddenly disappeared over the plants. I then had to mouse over each plant to determine whether it had any remaining needs. Several of them did. After I performed one action on the plant (for example, watering it) the remaining need(s) reappeared. I took two screen prints illustrating the problem if you would like to see them.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
seethe42 on Jun 27, 2014 wrote:
Plants do not die unless you leave them without resolving needs. If you visit them and don't solve the needs, yes they will likely die before you login again. If you don't visit them, they won't get needs and won't die. So don't visit home unless you have the energy to deal with needs. And don't visit home without checking them. You can visit plants, take care of needs and log out for months without them dying. Needs only appear when you visit and once you do, they must be addressed. The only effect of not visiting plants that have been taken care of previously is that they won't progress to the next stage untill you visit.
Thanks for that information. I think the problem was that the plants did have needs which were not being displayed as icons over the plant, so I didn't see them. I'll just stop going back to my house until I'm ready to harvest.