Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A New Crafted Spell for Storm

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 16, 2011
Storm needs a new crafted spell. I mean, look at Catalan, it does about the same damage as Stormzilla but costs 12 Amber and 50 Sunstone. Few people craft it; even less use it. So I purpose a new crafted spell called, Thunder Cat.
School, Storm
Rank 4
70 accuracy
100-325
Stun target.

Animation:A storm gathers over a windswept desert, suddenly lightning strikes and a cat fades in and out of view. It then draws its sword and leaps at your opponent.It strikes twice and then is hit by lightning and disappears into the clouds as lightning stuns the opponent.

*note, this spell was created with the thought that Mirage will be the next world*

Steven DuskGem level 92

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
You are right, developers have neglected to add another Storm spell. All other schools have at least two (and Balance has three!).

I like your Thunder Cat suggestion, although I'd be happy with almost any after effect... doesn't matter to me if it stuns, leaves a 25% trap, gives you a shield, makes you heal, leaves a black mantle, or does something completely new, like a one-round damage over time effect.

But it definitely shouldn't be straight damage without an after effect. I'll get grumpy.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Dat damage tho...
Winter Moon is similar, but costs 1 more pip and does a lot more damage. This spell should be hitting about as hard as Kraken.

Defender
Jul 11, 2013
I got the spell Catalan in a couple of Knight's Lore Packs;I was very lucky to get it. I like your spell idea,but how many pips does it cost? It sounds a lot like the spell Tempest(with the thunder and rain) and the Myth "stun" spell if it was to stun the target.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
thunder564725862 on Jun 24, 2014 wrote:
Storm needs a new crafted spell. I mean, look at Catalan, it does about the same damage as Stormzilla but costs 12 Amber and 50 Sunstone. Few people craft it; even less use it. So I purpose a new crafted spell called, Thunder Cat.
School, Storm
Rank 4
70 accuracy
100-325
Stun target.

Animation:A storm gathers over a windswept desert, suddenly lightning strikes and a cat fades in and out of view. It then draws its sword and leaps at your opponent.It strikes twice and then is hit by lightning and disappears into the clouds as lightning stuns the opponent.

*note, this spell was created with the thought that Mirage will be the next world*

Steven DuskGem level 92
ALL those crafted spells are out of whack. The craft cost vs usefulness is ridiculous. The craft level to pip/damage is crazy. That being said, there are some really useful spells you can craft, if only we could craft them at lower times (or you get lucky from Loremaster/packs).

All of that being said, yes, the quantity is unfair; Balance with 3, Storm with 1. We all said the same thing about Fire and then we got Krampus. So, I agree that storm should have a second one, but I hope it does less damage than Catalan; otherwise, what's the point?

Survivor
Jun 16, 2011
Robobot1747 on Jun 25, 2014 wrote:
Dat damage tho...
Winter Moon is similar, but costs 1 more pip and does a lot more damage. This spell should be hitting about as hard as Kraken.
It is more of a control spell then a damage generator. Thanks for the thoughts.

StevenDuskgem level 92

Survivor
Jun 16, 2011
Dmlem28 on Jun 25, 2014 wrote:
I got the spell Catalan in a couple of Knight's Lore Packs;I was very lucky to get it. I like your spell idea,but how many pips does it cost? It sounds a lot like the spell Tempest(with the thunder and rain) and the Myth "stun" spell if it was to stun the target.
4 and thanks for the thoughts.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
thunder564725862 on Jun 25, 2014 wrote:
It is more of a control spell then a damage generator. Thanks for the thoughts.

StevenDuskgem level 92
If I want a stun, I'll just use a freeze TC. The damage needs a buff.

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
dayerider on Jun 25, 2014 wrote:
ALL those crafted spells are out of whack. The craft cost vs usefulness is ridiculous. The craft level to pip/damage is crazy. That being said, there are some really useful spells you can craft, if only we could craft them at lower times (or you get lucky from Loremaster/packs).

All of that being said, yes, the quantity is unfair; Balance with 3, Storm with 1. We all said the same thing about Fire and then we got Krampus. So, I agree that storm should have a second one, but I hope it does less damage than Catalan; otherwise, what's the point?
I couldn't agree more for a couple of reasons,
Firstly my Balance Wizard took on the challenge of crafting the Samoori spell, never, ever again! It took me almost a year to craft (I kid you not!) and now I have a spell that I barely use because it is pretty useless at level 98.
Secondly, at level 100, my Storm Wizard is the highest player on my account and even I notice the lack of a really decent spell at this level.
We can do lots of damage but perhaps another spell that offers us a buff like a shield or charm or something that may add a blade etc.
Personally, I think Storm could do with a DOT spell. Pyromancers have scald and power link as well as fire elf and heck hound, a storm based version of one of these would be great. I know the storm hound spell exists but only as a pet spell or tc, why not upgrade Catalan to spead the damage over three rounds?
Michael Stormhammer Exhalted

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Storm got the short end on crafted spells. Another would be nice, and Catalan should have an effect. All the current crafted spells should be available earlier in the game.

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
There is a serious imbalance in the craftable spells. The most useful are probably Deer Knight and Loremaster, with the next being Savage Paw. That is to say, two of the three most useful are balance. Most of the rest are pretty mediocre, or acquired more easily from dueling lower level bosses then crafting them (duel Koto to get Ninja pigs, for instance). Storm's case is particularly annoying, Catalan is just a reworked version of Stormzilla, a spell that itself is pretty useless, as Triton is learned at a lower level, does more damage, and is less likely to underuse a power pip.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2011
Its Usefulness lies in the DOT and stun. This allows it to become a control spell.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
It's not fair to give all the other schools two Lore spells, and give Storm only one.

I remember several posts about this. I made one, myself, in December of last year, when Krampus was released.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Catalan should add an accuracy knock the way the Storm Dragon (that creatures cast) does.

Another new crafted storm spell would be nice. or make Thunderbird crafted.