Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Beginning your good pet

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 26, 2012
Everyone has always dreamed of that magical pet with Defy, Proof, Fairy, Unicorn, and Spritely, right? This is a guide to help you choose your starting pet.
1. The Sea Dragon - The sea dragon is one of the best pets you can start with, it gives Spritely, Spell-proof, and Pain giver. However, I would not recommend your end product being a sea dragon because sea dragons do not give any cards.
2. The Starfish - The starfish pet is another very good pet to start with, and it can be bought in Celestia Base Camp for gold. It gives Spritely and Spell-proof, and also has some ice talents which are good if you are an ice wizard. This, like the sea dragon, does not have a card, so I would not recommend your end product being a starfish.
3. Level 98 and 58 School Pets - The level 58 school pets give spritely and other good talents for your particular school, as well as the level 98 pets. I recommend using the level 98 pets as your final product, because you get a blade, a ward, and a spell.

Once you receive one of these above, try to find a friend with pet that has the things you want. Hatch with them, and your journey has begun.

-Sean Firesword

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Sean Firesword on Jun 17, 2014 wrote:
Everyone has always dreamed of that magical pet with Defy, Proof, Fairy, Unicorn, and Spritely, right? This is a guide to help you choose your starting pet.
1. The Sea Dragon - The sea dragon is one of the best pets you can start with, it gives Spritely, Spell-proof, and Pain giver. However, I would not recommend your end product being a sea dragon because sea dragons do not give any cards.
2. The Starfish - The starfish pet is another very good pet to start with, and it can be bought in Celestia Base Camp for gold. It gives Spritely and Spell-proof, and also has some ice talents which are good if you are an ice wizard. This, like the sea dragon, does not have a card, so I would not recommend your end product being a starfish.
3. Level 98 and 58 School Pets - The level 58 school pets give spritely and other good talents for your particular school, as well as the level 98 pets. I recommend using the level 98 pets as your final product, because you get a blade, a ward, and a spell.

Once you receive one of these above, try to find a friend with pet that has the things you want. Hatch with them, and your journey has begun.

-Sean Firesword
Only one thing to point out here... All these pets MAY give those talents. They are not guaranteed, I have several that are at Ancient or Epic without ever receiving the coveted Spritely talent.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Those are good starter pets for sure. I think all my good pets are descended from a Sea Dragon. It was a great investment.