Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Treasure card annoyances

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 15, 2008
I am tired of the super low lvl pvp warlords who only get their rnk by using treasure cards! its annoying when i am lvl 30 and i face a lvl 10 warlord who just uses a treasure card vengeance and a treasure card triton to just kill me instantly! i feel like those warlords dont deserve there rnk, and i know allot of people wont agree with me, but i feel that treasure cards should be banned from the arena!!! so if KI ever updates the game again (which is unlikely with the part 2 krhysalis updates) they should ban treasure cards from pvp.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Let me put it this way: if you could get a higher rank in PvP and all it cost you was gold (fake currency which literally grows on trees), why would you ever consider not doing that?

If you were talking about practice PvP, then I think you'd have a point. You should have a no-treasure-card option there. Another option is for KI to develop "niched PvP," basically including separate PvP systems for people who don't want to use treasure cards, pets, warlord gear, etc. But then the question is, do we have enough players to justify that?

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
Why don't you just start using treasure cards? You probably have higher health and better stats than them so just use their strategy, dispel, put up shields ... There are so many strategies out there in pvp and using treasure cards is one of them.
Sarai Thunderstrider
Master

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
I hate when someone who uses treasure cards and wins! It's like cheating in a way... Who else agrees?

-Aaron Fireblade Level 42

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
Gud101. If you can't deal with level 5's TC or no TC then there's a bit of a problem with your set-up not the game. The high level TCs that they use take time to build up so you have plenty of time to:
A) Whale on them with everything you've got. Make sure they never get the chance to even cast it.
B) Cast Dispels on them to block out the TC
C) Shield yourself accordingly.

KI won't be removing TC from PVP anytime soon. They've only done that a couple times for spells that truly were OP. If all wizards were restricted to was the spells they trained then PVP would be pretty boring and those that decided to try their hands at low-level PVP wouldn't have a chance in the first place. TC balances the fields but it never guarantees a win. I advise you to keep that in mind. Can they be annoying? Heck yes. But that doesn't mean they should be removed. Try using them yourself. If they annoy you think of how well you could do with them.

Survivor
Feb 06, 2009
matthew wyrmblade on Jun 13, 2014 wrote:
I am tired of the super low lvl pvp warlords who only get their rnk by using treasure cards! its annoying when i am lvl 30 and i face a lvl 10 warlord who just uses a treasure card vengeance and a treasure card triton to just kill me instantly! i feel like those warlords dont deserve there rnk, and i know allot of people wont agree with me, but i feel that treasure cards should be banned from the arena!!! so if KI ever updates the game again (which is unlikely with the part 2 krhysalis updates) they should ban treasure cards from pvp.
I agree they should ban treasure cards from pvp also shadow shrike cause its overpowered and it can defeat you in a few seconds with the pierce

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
number1744 on Jun 22, 2014 wrote:
I agree they should ban treasure cards from pvp also shadow shrike cause its overpowered and it can defeat you in a few seconds with the pierce
Ok I'm gonna say this right now. TC are something EVERYONE can use. I've said this to every "ban TC cuz their OP" argument. Yes TC are a strengthened version of the original spell. Yes everyone can use TC. However there are drawbacks as well to relying only on TC that you can exploit.
1. They have to discard to draw TC.
This means that they're weakening themselves whenever they use a TC. Add this to the fact that they'll run out of TC fairly quickly as the side deck is only a third of the normal deck and you can see a definite drawback here.
2. TC are one use only.
So they constantly have to waste their money with using the TC. Eventually they'll be running out. That and the bazaar doesn't have an unlimited supply.

Now I realize that these aren't going to be enough to sway some people but here's another suggestion. Try using TC yourself. You'll find that you can get a lot more creative with what you can do with your deck. Normally your stuck with what you've trained and that's not enough to address all situations like PVP normally requires. TC allows you to figure out how to address each situation as it arises.

As for shadow shrike I'd say no it doesn't need to be banned but I don't have enough information on how it works yet. Haven't gotten up that high. But as for TC you now have my thoughts. Feel free to respond to them as I do look forward to having a nice debate.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Oh boy I don't even know where to begin. First of all, did it occur to you that you're 20 levels higher than the warlord? His treasure cards are your normal cards. All it takes to block a triton is one shield and some half-decent resist. TC at least in my opinion is the bridge for level 10's to be able to so much as compete with level 30, not to mention the even higher ranking warlords get to deal with level 40s and 50s. If TC was banned from PvP, (which there is absolutely no reason, everyone is capable of buying a tc at the bazaar and using it and if it puts a badge over their head then great) then I would not hesitate to uninstall the game right away.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
Lucas Rain on Jun 13, 2014 wrote:
Let me put it this way: if you could get a higher rank in PvP and all it cost you was gold (fake currency which literally grows on trees), why would you ever consider not doing that?

If you were talking about practice PvP, then I think you'd have a point. You should have a no-treasure-card option there. Another option is for KI to develop "niched PvP," basically including separate PvP systems for people who don't want to use treasure cards, pets, warlord gear, etc. But then the question is, do we have enough players to justify that?
I think the niched PvP idea is really cool. Kinda like the specialty tourneys but for ranked pvp. :P

Explorer
May 08, 2014
Lucas Rain on Jun 13, 2014 wrote:

Dude that is the best idea i've ever heard

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
I have (among others) a level 12 wizard who was just killed by an initiate wizard using Frost Lord and Judgement. Way back in the beginning, PvP was actually fun. I don't recall being nuked by a level 15 wizard with a level 50 TC. You used your own spells, maybe slapped a giant or monstrous on there, and hammered away.

Now you are seeing level 15 warlords, who only got there with treasure cards. Skill doesn't enter into it until much higher levels. And at the risk of offending the players who only use treasure cards to achieve their rank, it's cheating. If you knew someone in real life who was cheating to get ahead, would you encourage your friends to emulate their behavior?

As an adult whose son quit Wizard101 specifically because of this issue-along with at least 10 of his friends-I think KI needs to take a long, hard look at the overuse of treasure cards in PvP, especially at low levels. If a level 12 wizard heads into a ranked match, and is taken out within 2 minutes by a level 10 wizard using Leviathan, or Chimera, or some other insanely high TC, the current system might be broken.

Is the solution banning treasure cards from PvP? Probably not, since during the tutorial, Diego mentions the "Tough" cards. But something needs to change, because there is no way a low-level wizard can shield against another low-level wizard who uses Vengeance, TC weakness spells, and some crazy-high level attack. It's impossible.