Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Who's stronger? Fire or storm?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 25, 2014
I'm thinking about creating a new wizard. But, I'm just interested in damage. So out of these 2 schools, which do you recommend

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
PSNLoverForLife on Jun 13, 2014 wrote:
I'm thinking about creating a new wizard. But, I'm just interested in damage. So out of these 2 schools, which do you recommend
Clearly Storm but it takes work to get a Storm or even Fire wizard all that they can but but in the end I can deal more damage with my Storm then my Fire but to be fair I don't think I played Fire as well.

Mary

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Storm has the strongest spells of all the schools but the highest fizzle rate.
Fire is a close second.

I actually had better luck with Storm, and once you get past the low levels you can really boost your accuracy with gear.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2012
I would go for the fire against storm. Storm has a low chance of you not fizzle chance but does really strong damage.
Fire Has a good not fizzle chance and does strong damage for instance efreet it does really strong damage and has a good non fizzle chance so it wont fizz often.reason i know this is because i have a storm wizard and he fizz allot. and i see a lot of fire wizard so go for fire! Although highest non fizzle chance in game is life.
Life may do few damage at points but you can use a lot of its attacks without a fizzle
but its mostly for helping others. James ShadowBlade 25

Explorer
May 08, 2014
Well fire can be annoying with their overtime spells but overall lighting has the advantage with op spells

Explorer
May 08, 2014
James ShadowBlade on Jun 15, 2014 wrote:
I would go for the fire against storm. Storm has a low chance of you not fizzle chance but does really strong damage.
Fire Has a good not fizzle chance and does strong damage for instance efreet it does really strong damage and has a good non fizzle chance so it wont fizz often.reason i know this is because i have a storm wizard and he fizz allot. and i see a lot of fire wizard so go for fire! Although highest non fizzle chance in game is life.
Life may do few damage at points but you can use a lot of its attacks without a fizzle
but its mostly for helping others. James ShadowBlade 25
Life can be pretty stong with all the buffs they have. And if you have armor that boost your attack plus the high accuracy you can be a force to reckon with

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
Survivor
Mar 17, 2014
I just did 5 K with efreet crit lvl 60 nothing on me, waterworks, thank you!

Survivor
Aug 14, 2009
I have tried figuring this out for many years, and I have to say fire. They do lots of damage over round, and I think that's better than all at once, just in case you need to heal.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2014
I can't really say, I Just joined Wizard101. I play a Storm as my main tho, good power but Fizzles allot!. He is only level 11 tho right now, but I'm soloing pretty well with him.

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
Defender
May 01, 2011
Storm has really high damage, but low accuracy. Eventually you can reach the level to get good enough gear so you can't fizzle (or have a really low chance). With storm comes low heath, so high damage means you have to get through the battles quicker (unless if you can tank these hits of course). Fire has good damage, and is mid-range with damage, health, and accuracy. In my opinion, I would choose storm.

Survivor
Nov 20, 2011
There's some things you need to consider, and I have both a Fire and Storm to give my opinion on it.
Storm is amazing at higher levels, though it's hard to get into it when you first begin. There's low health and accuracy, which makes Wizard City-Krokotopia harder to solo. Still, after Krokotopia, you get accuracy clothes. Though it's still hard to deal with the health, it begins to get easier to actually land hits.

Fire is a good school for those who want it easier in the beginner levels. Wizard City-MooShu is easier to do, because the damage is very decent and the accuracy is also decent. I had a lot of trouble in Dragonspyre, though, and had to team up with my Balance friend during Celestia. The damage gets a lot better, though nowhere near Storm, but the accuracy definitely helps.

It's all about what you want! Would you like a more one-hit kill, or an overtime kill? Good luck!

Survivor
Aug 17, 2013
Storm for damage, if you go to all the schools and check the cards from the teachers the storm school will have the most damage!

Survivor
Jan 09, 2010
The answer is obviously . But let me take this into a bit of a technical way (I will not refer to any gameplay, only the comparison of power and such). So first off, the one with most damage is which is an obvious answer. I know both of the types, and because I've handled really strong wizards of those types. For you have to wipe your enemy quick or your pretty much dead, as in for you can handle a bit more damage, but you also have to wait before you can cast a good spell. But lets just say requires a little more strategy than (I'll stop using the little icon things). Lots of the fire attacks have a DoT (damage over time). It has a lot of spells that make you have to think what spells will keep you long enough to survive and thrive. DoT allow you to deal damage to the enemy and then strike with a finishing move. You have Link and Power Link two of the most useful spells which heal and deal damage for the cost of only 2 or 4 pips. Also with the DoT you can deal a bit more damage by adding a couple more traps which allow you to place 4 of the same traps. Also there's detonate which will deal the damage of a burn into one hit but that requires a high level. In pvp you can easily wipe out an opponent with the first move of Leviathan and storm requires no strategy (but you can apply a lot of strategy for a definite win). Also Rain of Fire and Fire Dragon compared to Sirens and Storm Lord, the fire spells technically do 1100 and 791 while storm does 880 and 690 but of course with the add on of effects the card has (SL stun and S remove 2 blades and -50% to all), and the boost of the storm, storm is the obvious victor here. You most likely will not take this advise but I hope this helped you. I didn't go through all the spells and not to mention all the gear you can have, and with a awesome pet anyone can be pro. But if its power you want go for . But I'd pick anyday, it's your choice, just check out the wiki or something and see which spells you like

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
If you need to kill it now, then storm. If you can stack and wait, fire. The better stock accuracy and health goes in fire's favor, but storm has more spells with useful after effects (things that happen after the spell damage has happened)

Survivor
Feb 01, 2011
Even though fire has a lower accuracy than storm, It fizzles more, at least for me. It does have damage over time spells, which are annoying to some, extremely useful to others. I'll let you be the judge. Storm also has lower health, which can be a challenge if your soloing, Although its spells are extremely powerful, almost to powerful. Overall, it depends on your preference.
- Grace Sandweaver, Level 38 Balance

Defender
Jun 16, 2011
I recommend Fire, I have been with a fire wizard for as long as I can imagine and I have been defeating bosses and enemies like a pro. You can always go to the bazar and buy more treasure cards to help you along the way. Besides the fire spells are amazing and they do a lot of damage in a battle and rarely fizzle unlike storm. Hope this helped

Elizabeth level 62

Explorer
May 29, 2014
Survivor
Jul 01, 2012
storm is WAY more stronger than fire but they fizzle a lot!

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Having run both storm and fire, storm is stronger on attack.

Be aware though, that storm also has lower hit points, so you can't take as much damage or hang in fights as long without healing. And as others have mentioned, storm fizzles a lot, so you want to get accuracy boosting gear & pet.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2014
Well. I would go with any other wizard, but if you want to know. I would personally choose fire because it has a good about of attack. Sure Storm has a lot more damage points, it fizzles a lot, so go with fire. At least, that's what I suggest.
Rylee

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Okay, let's get this straight. is the strongest, but it fizzles A LOT. And you get like no health. does less damage and you need to be patient, but you get more health and accuracy. So which would I choose? Fire, definately. Sorry storm, but you are just too frustrating.

Survivor
Sep 02, 2012
They both are pretty good school. Storm does better damage but low accuracy. Fire can break shields with the DoT spells but has low accuracy as well. It depends what your battle style is.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2010
I don't have a high level storm but I'm level 38 on my.Fire racks up with over time and then regular and has good aoe spells.(area of effect) Well storm has very little over time and aoe but does a little more damage and fizzles 5% chance more of the time. I say GO