Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

problems with collecting for Prospector Zeke

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
Okay you know how in every world Prospector Zeke always asks you to collect something for him. Well I have no problem about the collecting part and finding out where each place is, it's just the challenge a few are to get. I am specifically pointing at the ones in dungeons. Have any of you just been searching for them so you could get a training point only to realize it's in a TWO HOUR DUNGEON! Well that's how I feel cause now I have to go through fight after fight just to find one little thing. Wouldn't it make sense that the first time you do the dungeon it doesn't matter you have to go through it but any time after would allow you to enter with no distractions and access to every doorway you went through in the dungeon before. This way you could just search for that one thing you wanted instead of going through all those fights and quests! Unless you wanted to go through half of the dungeon, it's all your choice. Please feel free to comment on how you agree or disagree with my proposal.
Megan Stormmask lvl. 46

Defender
Nov 10, 2012
I feel the same way! I need the stray alley cat in Iron Works, but noooooooooooooooooo I have to complete the whole dungeon, to find a tiny cat, which could take a while!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Safira1239 on Jun 6, 2014 wrote:
Okay you know how in every world Prospector Zeke always asks you to collect something for him. Well I have no problem about the collecting part and finding out where each place is, it's just the challenge a few are to get. I am specifically pointing at the ones in dungeons. Have any of you just been searching for them so you could get a training point only to realize it's in a TWO HOUR DUNGEON! Well that's how I feel cause now I have to go through fight after fight just to find one little thing. Wouldn't it make sense that the first time you do the dungeon it doesn't matter you have to go through it but any time after would allow you to enter with no distractions and access to every doorway you went through in the dungeon before. This way you could just search for that one thing you wanted instead of going through all those fights and quests! Unless you wanted to go through half of the dungeon, it's all your choice. Please feel free to comment on how you agree or disagree with my proposal.
Megan Stormmask lvl. 46
Professor Zeke's quests are offered at the beginning of each world. It's up to you to accept right away to avoid doing double duty, so to speak. there's no reason, ever, to go back into a dungeon, instance or area to get whatever he wants you to find. And by the way, you don't actually have to DO the entire dungeon...just gain access to the area you need.

This does not need to be changed, sorry

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
I don't know which dungeon you are talking about but I don't think they ever make an area's item inside a dungeon. For example: the digmoore station cat is not in Kensington park or the Ironworks, even though they connect to eachother. The ironworks has it's own cat that you have to look for while doing the dungeon. Also, Zeke's quests give out training points so I think it's fair that it's challenging. Finally, this might pose some problems now and in the future because the Nastrond trogg is near the final boss so couldn't you just get straight to the final boss? This is similar for any other boss with good drops that have Zeke's item near them. I'm sorry but I just don't see this happening anytime soon.
Sarai Thunderstrider
Magus

Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
Ravenlady777 I totally see where you're coming from completely and of course they are given out in the beginning. The one problem is when you go somewhere you are currently on a quest so you won't be aware whether there is one of the items there or not unless you go check. For me that's not so easy because I have a cursor problem where it doesn't show up and thus checking will be a real hassle. I also don't understand what you mean by "gain access to the area you need". Do you mean go through the dungeon til you get to the part with the item and then quit off the dungeon or you can actually just skip to the area you need?
Saffron Sandsword sorry for not being more specific. The dungeon I mean specifically would be the Big Ben dungeon that takes two full hours to finish. I see where you're going, you do get a training point at the end which all in all makes going through the dungeon totally worth it. I am just a little fed up because lately I've been stuck in Celestia and Grizzleheim. So now I'm trying to get training points to use for the life school which leads to my next mistake. I used all my life points up on storm to up the strength since ice isn't very powerful then I automatically went to fire which I just realized won't help so much. Since I've been struggling with staying alive I am now going to the Life school and I just wish everything would be a little faster. Though I guess you can't always get out the fast way or take the shortcut.
Megan Stormmask lvl. 46