Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Arcane Build-A-Castle Bugged???

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 31, 2013
I purchased the Arcana Builder's Bundle because I waned to build my own castle. After hours of trial and error to build a castle, I noticed I cannot put anything in the castle because the item count is maxed. You would think the item count for the castle pieces would not be counted as the item count for furnishings. So, if this is not a bug, what's the point of building a castle if you cannot decorate it???

Defender
Jun 13, 2012
Ironhammer316 on May 31, 2014 wrote:
I purchased the Arcana Builder's Bundle because I waned to build my own castle. After hours of trial and error to build a castle, I noticed I cannot put anything in the castle because the item count is maxed. You would think the item count for the castle pieces would not be counted as the item count for furnishings. So, if this is not a bug, what's the point of building a castle if you cannot decorate it???
It's maxed out?!? I thought the limit would've been double for what it was!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I wondered about that when they released it. That was what I figured would happen, to get people to purchase elixirs to expand their housing item limit. Total rip off in my opinion. KI really needs to fix that. Yes it's cool that they allow you to custom build the house, but making the house itself count as housing items is completely ridiculous.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2011
I agree. I had to purchase a potion to increase 50 item count to put stuff out. My castle in the cave is higher then level allowed (276) / (250) so I can not put items there and the bank is located inside of cave. not a good place. Please correct and refund the crowns.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2011
And also as I think of it-----The castle is allowing "mounts" inside of it. And there is no difference in outside or inside items. can you please correct these asap. Ty so much.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Well, in real estate in real life, when the realtor says, "This is a great deal of a 'fixer-upper' for the 'do-it-yourself' kind of person," It usually means the property is a money-pit. You just keep on spending and spending and spending to bring it up to a livable state.

Looks like we have a real "fixer-upper" here!

Survivor
Aug 28, 2013
Snowy1eagle on May 31, 2014 wrote:
And also as I think of it-----The castle is allowing "mounts" inside of it. And there is no difference in outside or inside items. can you please correct these asap. Ty so much.
You can put mounts inside any castle

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
FinnAgainWindrider on Jun 1, 2014 wrote:
Well, in real estate in real life, when the realtor says, "This is a great deal of a 'fixer-upper' for the 'do-it-yourself' kind of person," It usually means the property is a money-pit. You just keep on spending and spending and spending to bring it up to a livable state.

Looks like we have a real "fixer-upper" here!
Yes, and it's even worse. If you really want to build the 'best' castle, you have to buy three bundles. Three! This is to "upgrade" your castle.

Absolutely ridiculous!

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Snowy1eagle on May 31, 2014 wrote:
Yeah... you can put 50 lag-generating mounts in, but when it comes to adding a couple stationary items to make it look like a real castle and not just a cardboard fort... nope.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2011
Listen. I understand you can put mounts in castles. But the issue is-----still on it and riding it inside castle. Not suppose to happen. You are suppose to put taken off mount inside. Check it out.

Ironhammer316 on May 31, 2014 wrote:
There is a bug where you have to have the house equipped for the Castle Block bonus item count to work correctly.

This should be fixed a game content update soon.

Arthur

Survivor
May 31, 2013
Arthur Wethersfiel... on Jun 3, 2014 wrote:
There is a bug where you have to have the house equipped for the Castle Block bonus item count to work correctly.

This should be fixed a game content update soon.

Arthur
Thanks Arthur, I had my Red Barn equipped. I changed to the Estate and it changed to 0 without having to demolish.

This bug was fixed in last night's update.

Arthur

Survivor
Jan 01, 2011
I'm still having the bug, or perhaps, another one.

I have placed exactly 2 items in both the Meadows at Dusk and Night Garden castles and the item count is reading much higher than 2 in each house. The items I placed in each house are the pet and mount that come with the bundle. Dusk says I have 23 items placed, and Night Garden says I have placed 151 items. I have not made any changes to the castles. The Midday Esatate is working correctly.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2011
The Mount is still not "unequipping" when you go inside of castle.This needs to be corrected as well.

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
I thought it was cool that mounts are allowed inside, I believe this was intentional and therefore not a bug.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2011
Other things I notice are 1. you can't place wallpaper or flooring in the castles and 2. the ''placing housing items' button is goofy. I have to click out of placing then click back in if I want to place a second item (unless it's a wall)... or if I want to turn the housing item. Also... yup as of 6/10/14 I am still mounted in the 'Castle On The Grass'. Grrr and Arrrg!

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
i notice if you take any of the castle parts out of the cave it start to fill up you box again i thought they said they fix it also there a bug were anyone can just get in i don't know but i just working on my house then like 3 people show up and start wild fire and i don't even know them and it starting to bug me because when wild fire starts playing i have to walk all the way over there to turn it off and kick the people but then they port back in and start it again so i can't even have my wild fire out in my own house because somebody yous a bug that lets them get in when ever i like to see these bug fix also why can't you place wall paper so far i dis pointed and want my money back it was a cool ideal but there to many bugs also i like to add can you make it were we can but stuff in the water because that be cool or like Chang the sky i like to see more detail in the house to it kinda looks like something out of Lego's i was thinking you could also make like a tower thing with stairs in it because that be cool also i like to add it hard to see so you could you like put in like make it bigger or smaller when we trying to place something on top of something last thing is there one more bug i place down a chair and it ended up in a wall half way a cross were i place it can you plz fix these things

level 100
level 42
level 14

Survivor
May 24, 2009
Hello all.
I am really annoyed; and KI is aggravating me more. I went to GameStop yesterday and bought the Arcane Builder's Bundle--to which I was thoroughly overjoyed. To my dismay, I noticed that if you don't build your castle on the Midday Estate, the blocks count as items. I spent over six hours doing and redoing my castle on the floating island in the Amber Estate--my current and favorite house. Come to find out, I can't decorate it because they count as item slots and I used 300/300 items. I went to buy (another) Bric-a-brac elixir, only to find out that I cannot go any higher than 300 slots. Let alone am I irritated, but I am fed-up with the fact that I wasted $39 on a castle I cannot even decorate.
Hoping this problem was solved, I went to the Test Realm and crafted a few blocks and put them out there. And instead of the item slot saying "180/250," it went up to about "200/250," et cetera.
KI, I would be very pleased if this bug were corrected. I feel like I wasted my money and I am very upset; especially for the fact that castle building is actually quite fun.
I hope to hear back!
~Kyle The Theurgist
Level 97 Life Wizard