Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The really needs to be a new title by level

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 29, 2014
Lately I have seen level 5's running around with a warlord tag. To me the tag means absolutely nothing because of that. I don't really agree that someone level 10 should have it either. So I am making this post to put out an idea. How about a title by rank? Make pvp at max level mean something.

I believe it would be easy to add into the game and then at least people would pvp at higher levels instead of puppeting. There needs to be a new title or titles by level.

Defender
Nov 21, 2013
Kane Lightbringer on May 5, 2014 wrote:
Lately I have seen level 5's running around with a warlord tag. To me the tag means absolutely nothing because of that. I don't really agree that someone level 10 should have it either. So I am making this post to put out an idea. How about a title by rank? Make pvp at max level mean something.

I believe it would be easy to add into the game and then at least people would pvp at higher levels instead of puppeting. There needs to be a new title or titles by level.
So, you're saying the badge is less impressive if it has been attained by a low-level? They've earned the badge just as much as everyone else. Please don't start spewing stuff about TC's and strategies commonly seen at certain levels, people. If they've done it; you can do it.

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
Kane Lightbringer on May 5, 2014 wrote:

What makes PvP at any level more or less earned than another?

Think about all the resets this type of limitation would cause when the level cap increases every world. If you would think about it in this light, There would be more warlords in top level play that get paired against unsuspecting privates. In return, More players would be playing people farther from their skill level and we already see enough discrimination in the arena, There is no need to add more.

In this type of situation, Rank goes to an extreme. New players keep leveling up for a rank reset, While warlords who sit at a particular level will endlessly increase in rank fighting ever harder new privates. Instead of getting paired with who they deserve, They get paired with an inflated number that in no way shows their skill as a player. The effect? After a number of resets, The Underscoring private would leave and the excess rank would stick in the pool, And an inflation would take place among active PvP'ers.

Another issue with this type of method is, quite a lot of us Badge collect in game. For instance, I have every available badge to my school and relative location in game. Suddenly, I have to remake my wizard and start from scratch to achieve the goal of warlord at every level in order to maintain my badge and status.

You made this a connection to solve puppeting, But i see it as a way to increase the number of puppet teamers in the arena. When you have such low moral from constant resets and losses, some of these players will end up finding this as a way to rank up over the traditional ways as a desperate measure and more warlords and privates will suffer from a poor matchmaking system.

Thank you for your time and ideas that could have an impact on the arena!

Survivor
Apr 29, 2014
I was really tired when I typed this so it didnt come out right but. If you can get the badge at level 5 its a joke IMO. I find grandmaster gardener or above more impressive. Thats actually hard. Or high level crafting badges. If they made PVP badges by level as well as rank. Then I would be impressed.

You ask me what makes me think they haven't earned it? I think they have. I just don't think the badge means anything at all. I wish there was a badge that did mean something. As it stands warlord is meaningless.

For instance they could do Exalted Warlord or Grandmaster Warlord. That would actually mean something. I PVP a lot and some of my friends who are max level choose only to pvp at level 12 or puppet. To me there is no challenge in that. There challenge is to PVP through out your leveling career.

So I am saying I wish PVP meant something. As the system stands it does not. I am happy we can at least PVP. As I understand it that wasn't always the case and I am throwing this out there for the devs to get an idea. New badges would be great maybe gear based on those badges too.

Heck make the gear cost crowns :)

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Kane Lightbringer on May 21, 2014 wrote:
I was really tired when I typed this so it didnt come out right but. If you can get the badge at level 5 its a joke IMO. I find grandmaster gardener or above more impressive. Thats actually hard. Or high level crafting badges. If they made PVP badges by level as well as rank. Then I would be impressed.

You ask me what makes me think they haven't earned it? I think they have. I just don't think the badge means anything at all. I wish there was a badge that did mean something. As it stands warlord is meaningless.

For instance they could do Exalted Warlord or Grandmaster Warlord. That would actually mean something. I PVP a lot and some of my friends who are max level choose only to pvp at level 12 or puppet. To me there is no challenge in that. There challenge is to PVP through out your leveling career.

So I am saying I wish PVP meant something. As the system stands it does not. I am happy we can at least PVP. As I understand it that wasn't always the case and I am throwing this out there for the devs to get an idea. New badges would be great maybe gear based on those badges too.

Heck make the gear cost crowns :)
So tending a bunch of plants or sending reagents to your low level character is considered "hard", but making a PvP strategy, executing it, and winning battles is "a joke"? Someone's clearly living in the Shadow Web...
Perhaps it might be easy to whip out a Skeletal Dragon TC on a level 1, but as you rank up you will be facing Magus-level wizards. They have more health, better gear, more power pips, etc. Apparently facing all this as a level 5 and winning is somehow "a joke". And yet you think the badge is meaningless...
The badge is a mark of PvP skill. It doesn't matter about your level. If anything, level 5 warlords should be even better respected than, say, a level 30 warlord, because it was probably harder for the level 5.

Explorer
Dec 24, 2009
So, I like what you're saying, I just think your solution can use some tweaking. While I agree a level 5 as warlord is impressive, there's a difference between having skill, and being at the right place at the right time. A level five who fought in 1v1 to warlord is something to behold. While a level 5 who just helped a high level by being there to mess with the system has no skill. The problem is, when a level 5 puppets enough, they achieve a high PvP rank and lots of arena tickets. So what does anyone do with tons of arena tickets? Buy PvP gear. This PvP gear comes with great resist, and other great stats. This can help them beat level 40's in the PvP arena and possibly stronger. When they reach higher levels, they need more arena tickets for better PvP gear. So guess what they do? What they were taught at level 5: Puppet! This leads to an endless chain of puppeting till eventually almost every level 5 is a warlord, so it has lost, all value. Of course I can't exactly criticize if I don't have a solution, so here's mine. Wizards can only do ranked teams with wizards within their decalevels. What that means, is 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40, etc. For those who don't know, the prefix deca, means 10, hence why each grouping contains 10 levels. Note the ranked, I'm not saying every PvP circle follows this rule. Just where it counts like tournaments and ranked matches. In practice and houses, it doesn't really matter because it doesn't count for much, all that's there for is to develop strategy. Houses are also there for fun.

Richard BattleStone lvl 86