Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Queen Crape Myrtle

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 20, 2013
I am at level 10 in gardening and planted Queen Crape Myrtle which requires level 7 in gardening the problem is around day 5 or 6 it had rank 6 pest beetles of some sort and for me to get rank 6 pest control I need to be at level 15 to access these spell cards to me this is kind of like a catch 22 situation. My suggestion is to get these plants in sync with the spells if it requires a spell that a person needs to be at level 15 then that plant should be only accessible to only level 15 Gardeners.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Midnight Jinx on May 5, 2014 wrote:
I am at level 10 in gardening and planted Queen Crape Myrtle which requires level 7 in gardening the problem is around day 5 or 6 it had rank 6 pest beetles of some sort and for me to get rank 6 pest control I need to be at level 15 to access these spell cards to me this is kind of like a catch 22 situation. My suggestion is to get these plants in sync with the spells if it requires a spell that a person needs to be at level 15 then that plant should be only accessible to only level 15 Gardeners.
This would require crowns, but you could get a few packs of 'Moolinda's green thumb.'

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
In the future before you plant anything go to Wizard101 Wiki and check out the stats of the seed you wish to plant. It's pretty comprehensive and will tell you expected xp, gold, drops and whatever needs/spells the plant will require. I did the same thing with a Queen Crape Myrtle, planted it before I had access to the appropriate spells. Ended up digging it up and chalking it up to experience. And I agree with you, we shouldn't be allowed to plant a seed that we don't have the spells to care for. KI won't let us craft anything unless we are of the proper rank so why should Gardening be any different? I made this point on another thread, and don't think KI listened. So I'm saying it again, as the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
You can cast Summon Pixie which is a level 10 spell.

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
Yeah you can cast Summon Pixie immediately upon planting and according to 101 you 'won't get less friendly pests' for 48 hours. And keep the Pixie on it until Elder. Seethe I realized that AFTER I made the mistake of planting a seed that would develop rank 6 pests that I didn't have the requisite spells to eradicate because I hadn't reached level 15 yet. And yes, I didn't do the proper research. Shame on me. You're stating the obvious. My point was very simple. Why would KI let us plant seeds when we are not at the requisite level of Gardening to have the spells to combat any pests those plants might need? They won't let us craft items that we aren't level capable of. Why not extend this to Gardening? I wasn't whining or expecting the game to be nerfed or dumbed down. I was merely suggesting a 'fail safe' so people wouldn't ignorantly stumble into the same problem and waste a valuable seed before they had the ability to actually see it to Elder. Or maybe include a warning to wit 'if you are not level 15 in gardening do not plant this seed as it will develop rank 6 pests which you will not be able to eradicate. Your alternative is to spend 25 energy every 48 hours for Summon Pixie on this seed.' And I also reminded anyone reading this post (myself included) to use the resources on 101. Am I mistaken in thinking that Summon Pixie is a 'prevention' spell, not an 'eradication' spell? According to 101 it doesn't do anything until you cast it. My understanding of the spell is that it's more of a 'like' spell, not a pest spell. If I'm wrong I apologize, but I've cast Summon Pixie on plenty of plants and still gotten pests. I'd welcome any constructive input on this topic.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It's both eradication and preventative, like all the pest spells that prevent. They both remove the pest and prevent them from coming back.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
The pixie only prevents pests on the plant you cast it on. I think you are mistaken in having gotten pests on the same plant.

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
You're right, I am wrong and I apologize. This morning I cast Summon Pixie on a rank 4 pest and sure enough it eradicated it. Sorry.

Survivor
Mar 09, 2009
I also planted a Queen Crepe Myrtle only to find that I don't have a high enough rank to get the pest spell and I dug it up.
Was told by friends that I could let it die and revive it later or cast a fairy spell.
But I think it makes better sense if KI is more careful to keep the pests at the same or below the level of the seed casting reqiurement.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Brooke Griffeneyes on May 11, 2014 wrote:
I also planted a Queen Crepe Myrtle only to find that I don't have a high enough rank to get the pest spell and I dug it up.
Was told by friends that I could let it die and revive it later or cast a fairy spell.
But I think it makes better sense if KI is more careful to keep the pests at the same or below the level of the seed casting reqiurement.
It's a seed that is only dropped by Khrysalis bosses and Fairy is a high enough spell to remove any level pest. You shouldn't be required to have finished half of Khrysalis and be Level 15 gardener just to plant a seed that you are high enough level to take care of with existing spells. A lot of people like to grow a plant for Second Harvest just to make it a part of their house decorations. That's very easy to do with Fairy, regardless of the pest level. Why would you use a spell that cost 35 instead of Fairy that costs only 25 anyways?

Explorer
Sep 19, 2009
I did the same thing. But instead of digging it up, i just gave it its needs even though i was not able to get rid of the pests. It actually is at mature now and going to elder. I think the pests only slow down development, not kill. So you're probably able to still harvest it at elder, but I do still wish I had the card so I could get rid of the pests since I can't harvest it at mature.

Samantha Hawkrider Exalted

Defender
May 22, 2012
Midnight Jinx on May 5, 2014 wrote:
Agreed!

I have a low level wiz Verdant gardener but can't buy spells to take care of plants like these. Surely Verdant gardeners should be able to access all gardening spells regardless of the world they are on.

Survivor
Oct 15, 2011
Once your gardening levels rises, where do you go to buy the latest gardening spells? I haven't seen any new gardeners to buy from.