Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mastery Expansion

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
New spells we should be able to learn
I feel we should be able to learn the Sun and Moon Shield/Trap/Blade combination spells already in the game. If you’ve been through Celestia, then you’ve seen them already. Sun spells focus on Fire/Life/Storm while Moon spells focus on Death/Ice/Myth. This would allow a lot more combinations than what exists now. Right now, we have blade combos for:

Fire/Ice
Fire/Storm
Ice/Storm
Death/ Life
Death/Myth
Life/Myth

With these new spells we’d ALSO have:
Life/Fire
Life/Storm
Ice/Death
Ice/Myth

That gives us a total of 10 dual school blade spells instead of just 6 and cover about half the possible combinations of schools. Eventually, I would like to see blade combos for all variations.

Mastery Decks
By now, we should be seeing Mastery decks. They would be ones that give you max cards for primary AND secondary schools higher than off school. 21 new decks would need to be created to handle every combination of primary/secondary school pairs. Let’s take the L93 fire deck, Case of Engulfing Flames as our template:

Mastery Deck Name: Lifeblaze Deck
Max Spells: 64
Max Copies: 6
Max Fire/Life copies 8
Sideboard: 33
HP: +45
DMG: +1% Fire/Life

This would give us the benefit of being able to stack more secondary school spells in our deck. I don't know how feasible they are, but I think they could further the mastery aspect of the game. Each of these spells would cost 1 training point per spell since they're Astral.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Sun and Moon spells: Wanted this for a long time. Quick question though... what order do the blades and traps come up? I'm trying to think what charm will get stolen/destroyed/Levy-slapped, what trap will get cleansed, etc.

Mastery decks: Love it, good thinking.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Lucas Rain on May 12, 2014 wrote:
Sun and Moon spells: Wanted this for a long time. Quick question though... what order do the blades and traps come up? I'm trying to think what charm will get stolen/destroyed/Levy-slapped, what trap will get cleansed, etc.

Mastery decks: Love it, good thinking.
Good point about the Levi slapping. Well, IMO, I feel when you cast a tri-bpade, the primary school blade should always be added first, to bypass the levi slap. Then, if you're wearing a mastery amulet, that one should go second, and then the "useless" one should be third (guaranteeing that's the one wiped off first).

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Oh my yes! The sun and moon blades and traps would be wonderful to train, and maybe the tri shields also as TC or from items/pets?

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Gemma Luna on May 14, 2014 wrote:
Oh my yes! The sun and moon blades and traps would be wonderful to train, and maybe the tri shields also as TC or from items/pets?
I dont know, I think making all of the blade/trap/shields available for sun/moon/star school would aid in the playing of multiple schools and really help expand the strategy. They could then make Sun/Moon/Star Pierce triple blades too, etc