Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

House elixer and house slots

AuthorMessage
Delver
Apr 16, 2014
What is house elixir and what is it for? I never saw an explanation for it.
Also how do you get more housing slots? I thought I read it somewhere but can't seem to find it now.
Thanks!

Administrator
Lots of new Elixirs are available so let's clear up what does what.

Bric-a-Brac Decorating Elixir - lets you increase the number of items that can be placed in an area of your house. This potion is Crowns only as it is a permanent expansion of what is currently available to all players.

Additional Castle Space Elixir - lets you purchase a house beyond the current maximum of three per character. This potion is Crowns only as it is a permanent expansion of what is currently available to all players.

Crafting Elixir - reset all your Crafting Countdown timers. This potion is Crowns only as it shortcuts time in the game.

Hatching Elixir - hatch all the eggs you currently have in your backpack. This potion is Crowns only as it shortcuts time in the game.

Purreau's Potion #9 - This will reset your hatching timer and allow you to hatch two pets immediately. This potion is Crowns only as it shortcuts time in the game.

community@wizard101.com
Delver
Apr 16, 2014
Thank you! That clears up a lot of things then.

Survivor
Oct 22, 2009
Question #1 Can I get an endless supply of houses using the elixirs or at some point will I not be able to add any more houses? I have a dozen houses now but I would like to expand. I would rather check first before I start adding more. Thanks in advance.

Question #2 Why does the bric-a-brak potion not work for pets? I ran out of room in my houses for my pets and used a bric-a-brak potion to add more space within my house and still could not add more pets. Is this something that can be changed? Thanks again in advance.

Administrator
Heather Nightbring... on Apr 28, 2014 wrote:
Question #1 Can I get an endless supply of houses using the elixirs or at some point will I not be able to add any more houses? I have a dozen houses now but I would like to expand. I would rather check first before I start adding more. Thanks in advance.

Question #2 Why does the bric-a-brak potion not work for pets? I ran out of room in my houses for my pets and used a bric-a-brak potion to add more space within my house and still could not add more pets. Is this something that can be changed? Thanks again in advance.
No need to duplicate your post, young Wizard.

Question #1.
You can only own one of each type of house. (You can't have two of the Balance House, as an example) so you are only limited by the number of houses currently available.

Question #2.
One reason the number of pets need to be limited is simply rendering issues. Each pet is made up of a lot of pieces and they are much more graphically intense than say a bench decoration that doesn't move around, doesn't dance or sulk, and doesn't animate. Pets do all of these things so they tend to make graphics cards work a lot harder. The more pets you have in an area, often the slower your game will run, so we've limited the number of pets you can place in a house to keep the rendering lag at a minimum.

community@wizard101.com