Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Knock Knock. Is a storm professer or student home?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 31, 2010
Hello? Is there any storm wizards or professor Halston Balestrom here? A friend of mine told me that although I do have the caring characteristics of a life wizard, I also have the creativeness of a storm wizard. So I picked to put life as my main focus and storm as a secondary school. As a student of life I am used to very good accuracy and low attack... witch is the opposite of storm. Because I started fighting life bosses, I have used my storm spells more and more often. After using stormzilla and fizzling many times over and over again, I thought I should talk to a student or professor that is used to this sort of problem. Over all my question is, what would you recommend to a student of life to boost there storm accuracy? With my + 10% accuracy on life, I am not used to this kind of situation.

Thanks for your help,
Ashley Lifeheart, level 46 master theurgist

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Ashley Lifeheart on Apr 10, 2014 wrote:
Hello? Is there any storm wizards or professor Halston Balestrom here? A friend of mine told me that although I do have the caring characteristics of a life wizard, I also have the creativeness of a storm wizard. So I picked to put life as my main focus and storm as a secondary school. As a student of life I am used to very good accuracy and low attack... witch is the opposite of storm. Because I started fighting life bosses, I have used my storm spells more and more often. After using stormzilla and fizzling many times over and over again, I thought I should talk to a student or professor that is used to this sort of problem. Over all my question is, what would you recommend to a student of life to boost there storm accuracy? With my + 10% accuracy on life, I am not used to this kind of situation.

Thanks for your help,
There are a couple of things you could do. First, you could look for gear to boost your life damage. With that and a prism, you can really dish out a lot more damage with life spells than you currently believe you can. Second, you could start crafting gear. There is dual mastery gear (Merrygale gear) available for level 33 which can help. It is sold by Suun Min in Kishibe Village in Mooshu. The hat, robe, and boots would give you the following combined stats:

+462 Health
+2% Life Accuracy (effective accuracy of 92% for life spells)
+19% Life Damage (Increase all life damage by 19%)
+7% Storm Accuracy (effective accuracy of 77% for storm spells)
+3% Storm Damage (Increase all storm damage by 3%)

If that doesn't help, or, if you still need more accuracy, you can purchase accuracy treasure cards in the bazaar. Some options available to you:

Keen Eyes - +10% to one spell (makes new accuracy improved treasure card from spell its used with)
Accurate - +15% to one spell (makes new accuracy improved treasure card from spell its used with)
Sniper - +20% to one spell (makes new accuracy improved treasure card from spell its used with)
Precision - Accuracy charm improving next spell cast by 15% (20% version available as well)

These are all under the balance treasure card section in the bazaar. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Historian
May 15, 2009
it gets easier as you progress further on into your character. Once you reach celestia this should be easier for you.
you can start pushing training point into the three secondary schools sun, stars, and moon.

the sun and star schools are what you will want to focus on primarily. Sun schools allow you to bolster your cards power or accuracy.

I high recommend starting with the sun school first by training the Keen eyes sun spell. this will bolster the accuracy of any spell you add it to by 10%.

and as you work your way through Celestia and gain more training points you can work up from there.

sun spells work a lot like upgrading a specific card through multiple tiers. each tier higher gives a more potent effect and makes your attacks stronger or more accurate.

it goes:

Keen eyes +10% accuracy

Accurate +15% accuracy

Sniper +20% accuracy (putting storm spells on par with life spells at base accuracy.)

Unstoppable +25% accuracy and +10% Pierce

Extraordinary (top tier for accuracy buff) +25% accuracy and +15% pierce

this can be immensely helpful to storm students trust me I know I am a level 95

locations are simple.

Keen eyes and accurate are available at the appropriate levels at the Celestia Base Camp.

sniper and unstoppable are available at the sun school teacher in the Floating Lands in Celestia.

extraordinary is available in the Drum Jungle in Zafaria

one more item you can use to bolster accuracy is the star school aura Infallible. this spell gives you +15% accuracy and +15% pierce for four rounds.

this card can be obtained from The Stellarium in Celestia.

and finally there are the fairly new auras in Azteca's Three Points.

these auras boost attack, accuracy, and for some schools a power pip chance as well.

storm's spell is called galvanic. it gives +25% attack power, +5% accuracy.

any of these will make it immensely easier for you to get your storm spells to cast easier.

Good luck!

~Samuel Dragonsword
cya in the spiral

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Yeah... you probably shouldn't have done that. Using a secondary school for attacks is newbie mistake #1. (No offense meant, secondary schools are a total scam) Even if you do have a Storm mastery, you will never be able to cast a Storm spell higher than Stormzilla. Pretty much death to feint, life to satyr (you are life so no need for this), and maybe ice to tower shield is all you really need from the primary schools. If you're a major PVPer, then possibly Infection, Doom and Gloom, and Weakness could come in handy.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2010
Thanks so much, both of you! This really helped me a lot. I am glad that you guys came to give me some tips. I wasn't used to this problem until I started using storm so I didn't know what to think. I guess I have a reason to start crafting. I am glad I was able to figure this out. (With your help of course)

Defender
Jul 26, 2009

Thanks for your help,
In the wizard city library, you can buy Accuracy boosting enchantments.

*Please note, That after level 50 Storm falls off as a secondary school as forest lord will be more effective as mobs and you can't train anything past storm zilla. I would very much recomend making a secondary storm wizard that trained life to satyr.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2013
I am a high level storm wizard and what I did is learn the accuracy spells that you can get in celestia once you get to that level. You can add it to the spell from your deck so you won't even have to cast an accuracy spell.

Explorer
Oct 31, 2013

Thanks for your help,
There is a blade you get in Storm for +10% Storm accuracy.

Fiona Redblossom 28