Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Global Spell

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
X Boost

Short Description: Increases damage of X cost spells

Details: Only works on spells costing X pips (Tempest, et. al.). For a casting under 4
pips, adds 1 pip for the purpose of calculating damage. If the wizard casts an X spell
using 4-7 pips, adds 2 pips for the purpose of calculating damage. If the X spell is cast
with 8-11 pips, 3 pips are added to calculate damage. If the wizard uses 12-15 pips to
cast an X spell, 4 pips are added to calculate damge. If the varible cost spell uses 16
or more pips, 5 pips are added to the total to figure damage.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Archangel1688 on Apr 8, 2014 wrote:
X Boost

Details: Only works on spells costing X pips (Tempest, et. al.). For a casting under 4
pips, adds 1 pip for the purpose of calculating damage. If the wizard casts an X spell
using 4-7 pips, adds 2 pips for the purpose of calculating damage. If the X spell is cast
with 8-11 pips, 3 pips are added to calculate damage. If the wizard uses 12-15 pips to
cast an X spell, 4 pips are added to calculate damge. If the varible cost spell uses 16
What school? This would be very confusing, how are you going to fit it all on a card? Also, the maximum number of pips you can have is 14.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
X Boost

The school is very important here. The only schools with X damage spells are balance, storm, and fire. The other four schools have something of a non-damage nature for their X spells and myth's X spells troll and cyclops minion are limited at 3 and 4 pips respectively. Aside from that, I agree with the previous poster in that it will be hard to fit on the card. Perhaps you can summarize how it works into one sentence? From what I'm reading, something like:

Gain 1 pip every 3 pips for the purpose of damage?

Also, what would be the proposed pip cost of this global?

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
School would be Sun, that.s why it is called global. ! pip for every 3 pips when cast sounds good.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Archangel1688 on Apr 9, 2014 wrote:
School would be Sun, that.s why it is called global. ! pip for every 3 pips when cast sounds good.
Well, global is a type of spell... such as balefrost, wylfdire, etc... That's why I needed to know what school. Since you are recommending sun as the school (and we still need to know your recommended pip cost) there are some issues. As I previously mentioned, 4 of the 7 schools do not have X damage spells. Celestial spells, and sun in particular, have a long tradition of being beneficial to every school. This particular spell would decidedly not be so. Even were it to be modified to simply add an extra pip to all X spells for every 3 pips invested, it still leaves myth out in the cold since both of their X spells are limited to either 3 or 4 pips max. Overall, its an interesting idea but it seems to still need some work.

Survivor
Nov 05, 2011
X Boost

Considering this would benefit few schools, I don't think this would be a good thing to implement. Since it seems interesting I'll add to it anyways though. First off, the maximum number of pips a person can have at any given time is 14, or 7 Power Pips. I don't feel that the pip boost should change depending on how many pips you have to use however, I think that depending on how many pips it originally costs to casts the spell then that is the number that could be added. For example, if the spell costs 2 pips, the spell boosts any "X Pip Cost" spell by 2 pips. So the card would look something like this:

(2) Mana Buff
^
|
<---->
|
v
Boosts all "X Pip
Cost" spells by 2
Pips
Makes it easier to fit on the card as well. Oh and total pro at spell layouts, right? The name just came from thinking how Mana Burn takes away pips, so Mana Buff seems like a relevant thing to call it. Again, depending on the original pip cost to cast the spell, the pip cost and boost could change. I like the idea even though it's use would probably be pretty limited. Hope this helps!
-Aerier

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Archangel1688 on Apr 9, 2014 wrote:
Um, wut? Sun spells enchant other spells, you're thinking of Star, which is also wrong. Star does Auras, not Global. gtarhannon is right, this would only be useful for Fire, Storm, and Balance.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
Mana Buff
School: Sun
Pip Cost: 3

Boosts X spells by 3 pips.

This affects all schools (Storm, Mega Soothe, Tempest, Supercharge; Ice, Ice Armor, Mega Taunt, Mega Distract; Fire, Mega Tranquilize, Heck Hound, Backdraft; Death, Pacify, Mega Pacify, Animate; Myth, Mega Subdue; Life Mega Calm, Dryad; Balance Judgement)