Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

is it even worth it to use the level 75 minions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 22, 2011
I am in zafaria. I am going to get my minion soon. When I get it, should I use it. If so how many should be in my deck. Also, when I hit 75 do I just get the quest or are there other quests I have to do. I heard that i have to have my 55 spell. is this true. cause i don't. if so how do i get my 55 spell.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
tb440 on Mar 31, 2014 wrote:
I am in zafaria. I am going to get my minion soon. When I get it, should I use it. If so how many should be in my deck. Also, when I hit 75 do I just get the quest or are there other quests I have to do. I heard that i have to have my 55 spell. is this true. cause i don't. if so how do i get my 55 spell.
You're going to hear a lot of different answers on this topic. Some people hate minions, some love them. I personally like them and use them on all my wizards... though it does depend on what I'm doing. If you're going to use minions, I would suggest that you set your deck up around them as I have found that the key to effectively using minions is to be a great support player. For instance, you need to boost them, shield them, etc. If you are an elemental or myth school, I recommend your damage global spell for instance. That 2 pips goes a lot further when both you and your minion are using it to deal damage. If you are interested, I'd be happy to give you a suggested deck layout and corresponding battle plan. I would need to know your school and names of your gear items (names alone are fine).

Defender
May 11, 2012
I have my level 75 minion. I was so excited when they first came out. He wasn't to difficult to get (and yes, you do need to earn your other minion first to qualify for the quest to get your level 75 minion), but after using him a couple of times, I shoved him in the closet with some other school spells that I find are not helpful or needed, and totally forget all about him. I am ice, so I cannot speak for the usefulness of the level 75 minions from the other schools, but, for me, I don't find the minion useful.

Autumn FairyDreamer Level 79

Defender
Jul 21, 2010
I loved my mander minion (level 18) and used him until Dragonspyre. After DS I had trouble playing with him because he could ruin my trap. I hate my (level 38) elemental minion and never use it. All it does is shield itself. I haven't gotten to level 75 yet but, I'll let you know when I do!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
tb440 on Mar 31, 2014 wrote:
You need to finish most of Wintertusk in Grizzleheim to get your level 55 spell.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
like any spell, Minions can be extremely useful, but you have to know when and where they will be. I would suggest you start using it and see if it works for you. Both the death and fire minions are strong (I have both) but ever since joining a group, I need them less and less. One thing that my minion has helped greatly on is soloing Loremaster.

Survivor
Oct 21, 2012
Autumn Rain on Mar 31, 2014 wrote:
I have my level 75 minion. I was so excited when they first came out. He wasn't to difficult to get (and yes, you do need to earn your other minion first to qualify for the quest to get your level 75 minion), but after using him a couple of times, I shoved him in the closet with some other school spells that I find are not helpful or needed, and totally forget all about him. I am ice, so I cannot speak for the usefulness of the level 75 minions from the other schools, but, for me, I don't find the minion useful.

Autumn FairyDreamer Level 79
I wish the level 75 minion ould had been of an opposite school, I'm Ice also and a Fire minion would had been great.

Michael Frogslinger Max level

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Micheal Frogslinge... on Mar 31, 2014 wrote:
I wish the level 75 minion ould had been of an opposite school, I'm Ice also and a Fire minion would had been great.

Michael Frogslinger Max level
Back in the day, minions frequently dealt damage from other schools. I personally had to adjust quite a bit when it was changed. However, and this is just food for thought, I'm now pleased with the change and here's why:

1. I naturally have the tools to boost same school damage significantly, particularly with a damage global spell like wyldfire or balefrost.
2. I have prisms which I can use to either deal damage from a second school, or to bypass my traps (one of the most complained about issues with minions) now that the game consistently processes the elevator queue for wards properly.
3. When combinded with minion toolkit spells (buff minion, shield minion, etc.) I can massively increase minion damage output, particularly with level 75 minions that are already naturally boosting damage for my same school. Just off the top of my head with ice... 35% balefrost, 40% iceblade, 40% buff minion is a boost of about 165%.
4. If I routinely use minions, I can often eliminate things like traps from my deck since the minion will cast them and I can use them on big hits.
5. Specifically for balance... there are very few ways to boost balance damage and the "buff minion" spell happens to be one of those ways.

At any rate... just some things to consider.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2011
I am life with full waterworks gear

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
tb440 on Apr 2, 2014 wrote:
I am life with full waterworks gear
Life huh... ok, well then I'm going to have to stat with a disclaimer. I only recently came back to the game after more than a year and half and life happens to be one of the schools I haven't gotten the level 75 minion for at the moment. I looked him up on the wiki, but it isn't specific regarding his personality so you may have to tweak this deck some. The spells he is know to cast are:

legend shield
spirit armor
unicorn
satyr
rebirth
dryad
lifeblade
life trap
nature's wrath
luminous weaver
seraph
goat monk
righteous charge (a type of wand hit)

He's got quite a lot of healing so his personality could affect your deck setup. The key will be if he heals at random, or only when damaged. I plan to pick up leveling my life again here soon but I've been distracted with my lower levels on a another account recently. Regardless, here is a decent setup to get you going:

2 Sanctuary
2 Forest Lord
3 life prisms
2 life trap
2 life blade
5 Sir Bedevere
1 Gnomes
1 Centaur
3 Colossal
2 Satyr
1 Fairy
1 Sprite
4 Buff Minion
4 Shield Minion
1 spirit blade
1 spirit trap
3 reshuffle
2 feint

The basic idea is to get the minion out as soon as possible and assist it in dealing damage. Life doesn't have a damage global unless you have the brown spider pet. However, if he is going to cast healing it may be worth a sanctuary global. I would try to protect it with shield minion, buff it with buff minion, and once you get the enemies going after him you can start setting yourself up slowly for big hits (deal with bosses, etc) while protecting and buffing the minion. Don't be afraid to do heavy discarding in the beginning, that's why there are 3 reshuffles. Also, don't miss the chance to make colossal versions of attack cards. Even if you do this just before discarding the result, a new card is made and when you reshuffle the already created cards will come back as well as the used and discarded ones. You may also be wondering why I have 3 prisms in there... well, its to boost damage on death and storm (in the higher levels), take advantage of left overs such as the death trap in the spirit trap, and to redirect the minion around life traps I may have placed. I typically use a non-life wand (depending mostly on stats) to make sure I don't trigger any specific traps if I have to clear weakness or tower shield. I also recommend the "shango's lifeblade amulet" for a +45% stacking lifeblade. Its really helpful when getting ready to drop a boss. Finally, make sure to only drop buff minion cards in on the minion when he's going to do something big. You really want to make the most of his attacks.

If you have any questions, just let me know. When I get around to leveling my higher level life (been working on a newer low level one) I'll post again with more precision because I'll have a good idea regarding this minion's personality. Good luck!

Defender
Jul 24, 2011
I don't like minions. But they can be helpful in a hard boss.

Cole GoldenFlame, Level 37 Pyromancer