Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pvp makes it worse

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 13, 2013
Pvp makes people brag, or cuss, and my little sister is banned from reporting( for some rason) but I was playing with a guy like 24 lvl she was there and he was harassing her. his pvp chat was blocked so of corse I couldn't report him, and he just ported right after battle stopped. and allot of people cuss like I was 3v3 with Jacob and Justin. there were some boys and a max balance saying really rude things to us really slowing us down on attacking because we had to tell him to stop like a billion times and he was like (bad word) you and stuff. he ported right out same with the other boys ( they were cussing too) bet they made a big accident when they lost, heh, they deserved it. I hoped those 4 boys get banned by some other guy that has more logic to ban them quickly unlike me.some guy also named jack frost was harassing me about pvp stuff ( he was really getting on my nerves the first and second round) I won first, but he was like i'm going to kick your butt the next time. so I got paired up with him again and lust and he was cussing a little and bragging and yes, really getting on my nerves. pvp is the map to bully town, that's why I quit pvp every year. and shadow shrike is a big problem........... I am also nervous when I get paired up with someone like a lvl one warlord always dominating me. if you can just NOT TALK in pvp, that would be splendiferous.

Autumn summerstone lvl 37 rank private rating 12

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i agree that the arena brings out the worst in everyone, myself included.

most people i've run into there are arrogant and full of themselves. and, the higher the wizard's rank, the more massively inflated his or her ego is... i've ranked up a lot recently, and have caught myself thinking such things, so every match i win is a conscious choice not to go down that road.

"so you admit that you've nearly gone there?"

yes. i am only human, after all. but pvp isn't what makes people brag and cuss~ that's like saying that not having an ice wizard on my main account means that i hate them (probably the most forum-friendly example i can think of, but use your imagination).

arrogance often results in laziness and lapses in judgment; i have beaten a great many warlords for no other reason than they got sloppy and i capitalized on their mistakes. the worst thing you can do in there is underestimate your opponent

-

ps: mr. lincoln reads all chat logs. so rest assured that those bullies *will* be caught and, if they violated the terms of use in any way, there will be sanctions against their accounts.

if your sister doesn't have reporting privileges, it means that 1) she is on a free-to-play account or 2) she has had her reporting privileges revoked due to misuse or abuse of the feature. if neither of these is the case, i would contact ki support and ask them what the deal is.

-von
pvp vet, 1st-age sergeant

Delver
Jan 31, 2012
Autumn Summerstone on Mar 29, 2014 wrote:
Pvp makes people brag, or cuss, and my little sister is banned from reporting( for some rason) but I was playing with a guy like 24 lvl she was there and he was harassing her. his pvp chat was blocked so of corse I couldn't report him, and he just ported right after battle stopped. and allot of people cuss like I was 3v3 with Jacob and Justin. there were some boys and a max balance saying really rude things to us really slowing us down on attacking because we had to tell him to stop like a billion times and he was like (bad word) you and stuff. he ported right out same with the other boys ( they were cussing too) bet they made a big accident when they lost, heh, they deserved it. I hoped those 4 boys get banned by some other guy that has more logic to ban them quickly unlike me.some guy also named jack frost was harassing me about pvp stuff ( he was really getting on my nerves the first and second round) I won first, but he was like i'm going to kick your butt the next time. so I got paired up with him again and lust and he was cussing a little and bragging and yes, really getting on my nerves. pvp is the map to bully town, that's why I quit pvp every year. and shadow shrike is a big problem........... I am also nervous when I get paired up with someone like a lvl one warlord always dominating me. if you can just NOT TALK in pvp, that would be splendiferous.

Autumn summerstone lvl 37 rank private rating 12
Do a another rank pvp and I will meet you there maybe a membership wizard can report the bullies for you.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
kymma shadow on Apr 1, 2014 wrote:
Do a another rank pvp and I will meet you there maybe a membership wizard can report the bullies for you.
Sorry if this is off topic but how can you meet her in her next match if you don't know her and you haven't given a time and realm? You may want to ask her that, just a suggestion.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Yes there are some mean and rude PVPers. Sometimes it is the wizard you are facing, often it is the wizard's friends who are watching.

It is sad that some people are so insecure and weak in themselves that they feel a desire to put others down. So they create a mire of misery all around them, even in something like this game that is supposed to be fun. But people who "enjoy" put-downs, are usually feeling put-down themselves at some level. It might help to think on this. Then instead of getting upset, you can feel compassion and pity. Then you don't have to suffer with them, you can just go on with your own game and still be fine.

I found a while back that it helps before a match to turn off chat balloons, and close the dialogue window, so I am not distracted by whatever is said in a match. I open the chat window up at the end to say "GG" and talk to the other player if that seems like a good idea at the time. If, when I open the chat window, I see nasty comments, I just leave.

Rude and immature players are not worth my time and energy, unless they are so bad that they need reporting.

On the other hand, I have also had nice chats, both with really good warlords who beat me, but were still cool players, and with people I beat. Even sometimes people that were frustrated by being beaten, but stuck around to chat, have turned into fruitful conversations.

It helps to keep the big perspective, and not lump all of PVP into the "mean and rude" category. There are also lots of cool players out there, like the good Dr. Von up above!

Defender
Jan 13, 2013
Okay Finn. But the problem is. I never EVER had any nice conversation X. X and they take hours to finish their brag.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Sorry to hear that. I have met my share of rude players, but I have also met a few nice ones. Anyway, I'm not trying to be overbearing, and if it seemed that way, I apologize.

As a general rule though, I must admit, I don't feel much interest in making friends with the PVP crowd. I play mostly because there are some items you can only get in the arena that I want to get. In the process, I have made it to warlord myself -- but I don't display the badge, as that is not the "vibe" I want to send out in the game.

For myself, though, I'm just not interested in giving the rude people much of my time or energy. When they are rude, I turn of chat balloons and close text box. If they have rude friends in the stands, I wait until the last possible moment to cast my spell so they can't inform on what my spell is in time for the other to cast a counter. This approach has worked for me fairly well. Once or twice I did report people who were being foul around the filters. No doubt, there are many of them out there, and they do seem to be drawn to the PVP arena, like jackals or hyenas in a pack looking for easy prey. But I don't give them much opening to prey on me. Better for my own mental health to pity them, silence them, and leave them alone.

Defender
Jan 13, 2013
Okay one of my conversations yesterday was nice. It was with a ice that I defeated. So that is my 1st good conversation, apparently I wont have many friends in my life.