Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

how do i start now?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 09, 2011
I wanna start crafting but I am level 41 on my life [ the char am focusing the most on right now ] and I think it is too late to catch up gear at my level because i'm not even crafting level 1

what do i do?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
MightySwashbuckler... on Mar 20, 2014 wrote:
I wanna start crafting but I am level 41 on my life [ the char am focusing the most on right now ] and I think it is too late to catch up gear at my level because i'm not even crafting level 1

what do i do?
The only thing you can do: Start at Level 1. It's never too late to start... my Death wizard just started crafting at level 48 and caught up to the "appropriate" level very quickly.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
If you have kept your reagents from all your play, it should be really easy to catch up. Just start the first quest in Olde Town. You can finish the first few quests in no time. You will catch up to your level in about a day. The crafted gear really doesn't come into play much until you reach level 56 with Wintertusk gear.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
It's never too late to start, start with Eudora Tangletree-I may have name wrong-in Olde Town a level down from the bazaar. She is standing next to a reagent vendor. She will sell you the recipe and give you first crafting table. From there set up your table in house or dorm and start crafting. Collect reagents from various ways, harvest, garden, drop, bazaar, pack, transmute. Also be sure why ever and how many item the trainer requests you craft are brought back to the trainer so you get proper credit. Once you turn in your first crafting quest it will link you to the next trainer until you reach Dragonspyre; after that you must find the trainer, usually they will be in Commons of each world or in area directly linked to common area. You can check fan site for specific trainer locations I needed. I highly suggest harvesti reagents as you simply walk around, if you make it a habit you'll be surprised how many you en up with without really trying. Plus it creates stock for transmuting other reagents. As you are level 41 you will be a bit familiar with locations and how to navigate areas that you need to harvest reagents from. Good luck.

I'm happy to assist to get you started or need help making a harvesting circuit.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
MightySwashbuckler... on Mar 20, 2014 wrote:

what do i do?
My life wizard is the main crafter for all my wizards since it was easier to make the Wintertusk gear for all with her, she had the most reagents, gold etc. I have since crafted some Avalon gear. You just put it in shared bank and pick it up with other wizard.

Take one quest at a time and complete it, don't focus on having to do all of them - chances are the lower level ones you have reagents toward if you haven't sold them all and except for the cool down you will complete them quickly. Some things can be bought from the reagent vendor, some from the Bazaar and some are easy to collect. Collect all the scrap iron you see in Marleybone, all the Black Lotus in Mooshu and those areas will go faster too. Collect Stone Block where ever you are for later etc.

Mary