Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Primary Astral Schools of Magic - A concept.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
; Primary School concept:

Spells:

1)Enrollment : Blade(1 pip, Charm): 35% to next, , and spell.
2)Level 1: Polymorph Skeletal Knight: Polymorph into a Skeletal Knight for 6 rounds.
Creature: Skeletal Knight
Stats:
Health - 900
Resist - 10% to
Boost: 10% to
Power-pip Chance: 10%
Damage Boost:0%
Spell-pool: Ghoul, Death Trap, Knight's Slash(2 pips, 100% accuracy: 250 damage), Death Shield, Dream Shield.
3)Level 5: Moon-Light(2 pips, 80% accuracy, Teach Spell, Trainable): 150 Damage to single-target.(Animation: Silver light appears over the opponent and inflicts damage to them)
4)Level 7(Quest Spell): Extension(0 pip, Charm):+ 4 More turns to next Polymorph spell.(The quest will be about better knowing the creature you're turning into. The teacher will have you go fight one of the Skeletal Knights on Unicorn Way to learn more about them.)
5)Level 8: Astral Shield(Teacher spell, trainable)(0 pips, Ward): - 70% to next and spell.
6)Level 10:Lunar Blade: +30% to next damage spell.
7)Level 12:Polymorph Evil Snowman: Polymorph into a Ice Evil Snowman for 6 rounds.
Creature: Evil Snowman
Stats:
Health- 1,200
Resist- 10% universal
Boost- 10% to
Damage-5% to I
Power-pip Chance: 5%
Spell-pool: Ice Blade, Tower Shield, Snowman Slash(2 pips, 100% accuracy, 20+250 damage over time. Animation: Same for the Evil Snowman), Snowball Strike(The same spell from the Item-card from the pet Snowball), Sprite

8)Level 16:Moon-Trap(1 pip,Trainable): +25% to next ice, death, and myth spell.
9)End of Wizard City: Polymorph Cyclops: Polymorph into a Myth Cyclops for 6 rounds.
Creature: Cyclops
Stats:
Health- 1,500
Resist- 15% to
Boost- 10% to
Damage- 10% to
Power-pip Chance: 15%
Spell-pool: Myth Blade, Myth Trap, Ether Shield, Smash(3 pips, 100% accuracy, 450 damage and 1 turn stun. Animation: You appear in the middle of the circle, throw your hammer in the air above you and wind up your arm. You then catch the hammer and smash it on the opponent.), Back-up(1-3 pips: Summon one minion of Myth. One pip gives you a troll, 2 pips gives you a low rank cyclops, 3 pips give you a high rank cyclops)
10)Level 18:Moon Minion(3 pips, Quest): Summon a minion of moon.
Monster: Lunar Construct
Health: 500
Spell-pool: Natural Attack(2 pips, 100% accuracy: 200 moon damage to single target), Moon Blade, Moon Shield, Sprite, Taunt
11)Level 22:Eclipse(1 pip, trainable):Dispel next outgoing Moon spell

12)Level 22:Polymorph Fire Elf: Polymorph into a Fire Fire Elf for 6 rounds.
Creature- Fire Elf
Stats:
Health- 1,800
Resist- 25% to
Boost- 10% to
Damage- 15% to
Power-pip Chance- 10%
Spell-pool: Fire Blade, Fire Trap, Lit-Arrows(4 pips, 100% accuracy, 100+350 damage to all enemies + weakness to all enemies), Glacial Shield, Brimstone Revenant

**A lot more to come, and don't judge it based on what you've seen so far in this post, it gets a lot better as it goes on. Will be continued in the next posts.**

Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
13)End of Krokotopia: Polymorph Krokotillian: Polymorph into a Krokotillian for 6 rounds.
Creature-Karanhan Queen Guard
Stats:
Health-1,500
Resist- 25% to
Boost- 10% to
Damage- 20% Boost
Power-pip Chance- 10%
Spell-pool: Storm Trap, Storm Blade, Karanhan Strike(2 pips, 100% accuracy, 300 damage + 20% universal trap), Kraken, Thermic Shield
14)Level 25: Receive Power(1 pip, from Croaky): Sacrifice minion for 30% universal blade
15)Level 26:Lunar Grace(2 pips, Charm, Trainable): +500 health boost to next polymorph.(The next polymorph you use gets 500 health added to it's health bar)
16)Level 28:Polymorph Rat Thief: Polymorph into a Rat Thief for 6 rounds.(The quest will have your trainer call you in. He will tell you that one of the gangs in MB has found a way to learn moon magic and is using it to trick the MB detectives. You go to confront their leader in one of the MB areas and confiscate the tome he's using to gain moon magic.)
Creature- Rat Hooligan
Stats:
Health- 2,800
Resist-20% to: , and
Boost-10% to: , , and .
Damage- 15% universal
Power-pip Chance- 15%
Spell-pool:Lunar Blade(0 pips, charm. 40% to next damage spell), Moon Shield, Tower shield, Sleight of Hand(4 pips, 100% accuracy, 550 damage + 20% universal blade. Animation: you appear on the circle and quickly throw 2 daggers at the opponent.), Bladestorm
17)Level 35("I know a guy" quest line):Polymorph Blade(0 pips, charm, 30% universal to next attack. This charm can only be used if you are in a polymorph-state. This spell can transfer into the polymorph deck upon polymorphing.
18)Level 38:Polymorph Samoorai: Polymorph into a Samoorai for 6 rounds.
Creature- Ronin Mutineer
Stats:
Health-2,500
Resist- 40% to
Boost- 20% to
Damage- 15% to
Power-pip chance- 25%
Spell-pool: Life Blade, Life Trap, Overgrowth(2 pips, 100% accuracy, Field-bubble. 20% damage boost to ), Samoorai Strike(5 pips, 100% accuracy, 450 damage and + 30% universal shield), Fairy.
*Still more to come*

Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
19)Level 42:Polymoprh Werewolf: Polymorph into a Werewolf for 6 rounds.
Creature-Snowfang Ranger without the armor or weapon.
Stats:
Health- 3,000
Resist- 60% to
Boost- 20% to
Damage- 30% to
Power-pip Chance- 20%
Spell-pool: Death blade, Dream shield, Sacrifice, Death prism, Wolf Bite(6 pips, 100% accuracy, 600 damage, is a life-steal*you get half of the damage done converted to health*. Animation: You character runs up to the opponent and bites them.), Feral Attack(4 pips, 100% accuracy, 100+450 damage to all enemies. Animation: You appear in the circle. As you do, a moon appears above you and your character emits a howl. After that, your character attacks everyone on the opponents team with fast scratches.)
20)Level 48:The Puca(7 pips, 80% accuracy, hits all opponents, 400 damage + steal 1 positive charm from all enemies. Animation: A small forest sprouts up from the circle, a moon shining above it. A puca wanders out and sees the enemy, then attacks each of them.)
21)Level 55("The Spell Trade" quest line):Polymorph Grendel: Polymorph into a Grendel for 6 rounds.
Creature-Thulinn
Stats:
Health- 2,500
Resist- 60% to
Boost- 20% to
Damage- 25% to
Power-pip Chance- 20%
Critical Rate: 100-150
Spell-pool: Myth Blade, Mythic Fuel, Time of Legend, Weakness, Orthrus, Withdoctor's Magic(5 pips, 100% accuracy, 150+550 damage over time + stun)

Now, let me elaborate more on these spells. For some of you who're thinking that these resists are too much, take a minute to think. Around grandmaster you get around 50% resist to your own school. It would make sense to have spells near that level to have an equal resisting factor, as well as to make them more useful at the higher levels.
The Puca is something to be more offensive without polymorphing, as I feel that every school should have at least 1 multi-attack. The damage is stronger than an earthquake but with a less devastating after-effect, and extra charms further help the average student.
*Not done yet*

Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
22)Level 58:Polymorph Celestian: Polymorph into a celestian for 6 rounds.
Creature- Similar to Ulantor from The Ossuary
Stats:
Health- 3,500
Resist- 50% to: ,, and
Boost- 20% to:, , and .
Damage- 40% to
Power-pip Chance- 70%
Critical Rate: 150-200
Critical Block- 150
Spell-Pool: Lunar Blade(0 pips, charm. 40% to next damage spell), Tower Shield, Elemental Shield, Balance Blade, Vengeance, Lunar Might(8 pips, 100% accuracy, 750 damage to all enemies. Animation: You are in the center of the circle. You rise up to the sky like an angel, a moon shining brightly above you. The camera zooms in on your face to show that your eyes are closed. Suddenly, they open and the camera zooms back out. You raise your sword, now glowing silver, toward your enemy and attack them.)
25)Level 68: Polymorph Gorilla Spider-Witch. Polymorph into a Gorilla for 6 rounds.(Your teacher calls you in and tells you that to fully understand moon, you must also learn about one of the other astral schools. After this, he tells you to confront a sun Gorrila Spider-Witch in the Drum Jungle and to study them closely.)
Creature-Kallah Silverback
Stats:
Health- 3,000
Resist- 50% resist to: Life, Storm, and Fire
Boost- 20% to: Death, Myth, and Ice.
Damage- 30% to Sun.
Power-pip Chance- 70%
Critical rate- 0
Critical block: 200
Spell-pool: Bladestorm, Plague, Conversion Storm(2 pips, 100%, negative charm, to all enemies. Put 1 conversion charm on each enemy. A conversion charm changes the next outgoing damage of the spell the caster next uses to a random school.), Tower Shield, Legion Shield.
** The level 68 polymorph is more of a support class for group play, as I see moon as more of a 1v1 school**
**Not done yet, just don't have enough room to continue**

Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
25)Level 75:Lady Luck(4 pips, 80% accuracy, 200+800 healing over time or 40% universal blade. Animation: The moon shines down, descending from the light is a lady in a long silver or golden dress. In one hand is a blade and in the other is a potion. She looks at both and then at you and smiles, she then randomly gives you one of the items in her hand.)
26)Level 75: Summon Greyhorn. Summon a minion.
Creature- Greyhorn Mercenary
Health- 2,000
Spell-pool:Moon Blade, Moon Trap, Tower Shield, Stun, Hex, Sprite, Taunt
27)Level 88: Artemis' Blessing(9 pips, 80% accuracy, 850 damage to all opponents, + 20% universal spear to all allies.Animation: Artemis arrives from the sky in a silver chariot. She gets off it and pulls a bow from over her back and arms it with an arrow. She aims it to the sky and it starts to glow silver. She then aims it at the opponents and shoots it.)Can be changed to match the Azteca theme.
30)Letters of Light: King Artorius(moon)(8 pips, 80% accuracy, 650 damage + steal 2 positive charms)
(Also, it seems I missed a few spells on my way to make room for the spells with more description first. So, here are the few that I missed:
Level 33: Gravitation(2 pips, 100% accuracy, field bubble. +10-15% universal damage to all attacks.)
End of Marleybone("Bad News..." quest): None.
End of Krokosphinx("Back to Balance" quest):None.
End of Celestia("Through this door" quest):Unlike the other schools, the moon school(and possibly the other astral schools) will receive a spell here.
Polymorph Shark. Polymorph into a shark for 6 rounds.
Creature-Piscean Soldier
Stats:
Health- 3,500
Resist- 60% to
Boost- 20% to
Damage- 15% to
Critical- 100-150
Critical Block- 200
Spell-pool: Ice Blade, Balefrost, Freeze, Shark Frenzy(5 pips, 100% accuracy. 600 damage to all enemies. Animation: The opponent is attacked by 3 ice sharks in a row.)
*This should be it for the school unless I feel something needs editing. Now, onto the others.*

Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
Star Spells:
As the star school we know, this star school is about the manipulation of auras. The primary school takes it a step further however, as where star spells were only used as a sort of buff or enhancement, the star primary school allows you to manipulate other people's auras. As always, only one aura can be put up at a time, that means that if there is already an existing aura the newly casted aura will become the new active aura. If one of these aura's(Such as frailty) is active on an opponent, and they then activate an aura, the negative aura will of course be removed and replaced with the new one. The Star school doesn't focus so much on creatures to inflict damage, but rather, it focuses on using the enemies aura against them to impose negative effects. For this reason, the star school receives the same accuracy of storm with a slightly higher damage output and would also have the second or third natural lowest health in-game.

1)Enrollment: Star Blade(0 pips, 100% accuracy, charm). +30% to next damage spell.
2)Level 1: Inimical(2 pips, 70% accuracy, negative aura, can be casted on an opponent). 300 Damage over 4 rounds.
3)Level 5: Impairment(0 pips, 80% accuracy, negative aura, is casted on an opponent). -10% accuracy.
4)Level 7: Frailty(0 pips, 80% accuracy, negative aura, is casted on an opponent). -10% outgoing damage for 4 rounds.
5)Level 8: Stellar Shield(0 pips, 100% accuracy, ward). -70% to next incoming and damage.

6)Level 10: Deleterious(3 pips, 70% accuracy, negative aura, is casted on an opponent). 450 damage over 4 rounds.
7)Level 12: Condense(0 pips, 100% accuracy, charm). -2 turns to aura.(Shortens the duration of the aura, but makes the damage per turn higher. However, it also shortens self-boosting auras as well and will add no bonus effect.)
8)Level 16: Precise(0 pips, 100% accuracy, aura). +5% accuracy for 4 rounds.

Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
9)End of Wizard City: Star Trap(0 pips, 100% accuracy, negative ward). +25% to next incoming damage.
10)Level 18: Stellar Minion(3 pips, 100% accuracy). Summon a Star minion.
Creature- Stellar Protector
Health- 300
Spell-pool: Balance Blade, Taunt, Sprite, weakness, Fire Elf.
11)Level 22: Void(2 pips, 100% accuracy). Dispell next outgoing Star spell.
12)Level 22: Mortality(4 pips, 70% accuracy, negative aura). 350 damage to all enimies.
13)End of Krokosphinx("Back to Balance" Quest): Siphon(2 pips, 70% accuracy). If your opponent has an active aura, heal 400.
14)End of Krokotopia("Temple Dweller" Quest): Immobilize(0 pips, 70% accuracy). If your opponent has an acitve aura, stun them for 1 turn.

15)Level 25(Croaky): None.
16)Level 26: Protract(0 pips, 100% accuracy, charm). + 2 rounds to next aura.(Works on both negative and positive).
17)Level 28: Overload(X pips, 70% accuracy, negative aura). 140 damage per pip to target over 4 rounds.
18)End of Marleybone("Bad News..." Quest): Regen(4 pips, 100% accuracy, positive aura, can be used on allies). 500 over 4 rounds.

Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
19)Level 33: Magnify(0 pips, 100% accuracy, positive aura). +10% outgoing damage for 4 rounds.
20)Level 35("I know a guy" Quest): Petrify(1 pip, 70% accuracy). If your opponent has an aura active, stun them for 2 turns.
21)Level 38: Absorption(5 pips, 70% accuracy). If your opponent has an active aura, gain 900 .
22)Level 42: Vitality(0 pips, 100% accuracy). Gain 1 +15% universal damage charm from all incoming rank 4 or higher spells for 4 rounds.
23)Level 48: Enervate(7 pips, 70% accuracy, negative aura, all opponents). 650 Damage over 4 rounds to all enemies + -15% outgoing damage to enemies.
24)Level 55("The Spell Trade" Quest series): Bolster(0 pips, 100% accuracy, positive aura). -25% to all incoming damage for 4 rounds.
25)Level 58: Invigorate(8 pips, 70% accuracy, positive aura, all allies). 750 over 4 rounds + -20% incoming damage to allies.
26)Level 68: Eradicate(9 pips, 70% accuracy, negative aura). 1,350 damage to single target over 4 rounds + 10% incoming damage(to enemy).
27)Level 72: Linkage(2 pips, 100% accuracy, positive aura). 25% of any incoming damage is inflicted to the caster of the spell as well for 4 rounds.
28)Level 75: Retribution(0 pips, 100% accuracy, positive aura). +30% critical chance for 4 rounds.
29)Level 75: None.
30)Level 88: Adversity(10 pips, 70% accuracy, negative aura, all opponents). 1,200 damage over 4 rounds + -15% critical chance to enemies.
31)Letters of Light: King Artorius(Star)(8 pips, 70% accuracy). 950 Star damage + 10% universal pierce

Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
I'm still working out some things on the school spells, but I'm curious what people think of these spells so far. Thoughts?

Historian
May 15, 2009
I am sorry that I didn't post earlier. I'd meant to, but I had gotten side tracked.
I really like the concept of this. I've really liked the idea of having the astral schools having a main focus in wizard city.

right now it seems like there really isn't a point to having them at such high level exclusives only because a lot of low levels can use them if they get ahold of treasure card copies. and even now as it stands a large number of the cards largely unused because once high level wizards reach the next level for the higher tier, the cards disappear out of their decks pretty much forever and just sit there.

having main astral schools would give them a much need boost in usage and would mean Kings Isle's time spent making them wouldn't have been wasted.

Community Leader
I can tell that a lot of serious work has been put into this. Good job! :D

You bring a lot of really cool stuff to the table such as negative auras in the Star School and extending Polymorphs. I'm really excited to see what you come up with for the Sun School!

DuelCircle Organizer. The Slowpoke Sloth is the best.
Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
man0fbass on Mar 19, 2014 wrote:
I can tell that a lot of serious work has been put into this. Good job! :D

You bring a lot of really cool stuff to the table such as negative auras in the Star School and extending Polymorphs. I'm really excited to see what you come up with for the Sun School!

Trying to keep the Sun School focused on enchanting things, thinking about having them focus on mutations and the better use of the other schools through various ways.

Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
I left this topic for far too long...

As I'm now getting back to the game, I thought I should continue where I left off. With the addition of "Shift" spells this gives me newer ideas on how to construct some of these spells. I'll try to get to these when I can.

-Wolf Deathstalker, Exalted

Defender
May 01, 2011
I noticed that the 'Evil Snowman' polymorph has a slight problem. With 10% universal resist and 10% boost to fire, that adds up to no resist or boost to fire. You might want to fix that. Everything else seems like a great idea.

Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
This post will be editing to some of the moon spells or replacements for some of the moon spells in previous posts being updated with "The Shift":

Level 5: Shift Golem(2 pips, 100% accuracy): 200 damage to target.

Level 48: Shift Draconian(7 pips, 100% accuracy): 450 damage to all enimies + steal 1 positive charm from all enemies.

Level 88: Shift Quetzal(10 pips, 100% accuracy): 800 damage to all enemies, + 15% universal blade to all allies.

**The reason for such little shift spells in the update is because of Khrysalis. Once they unlock them during the Moon Cliffs they'll be open to much more versatility. Another reason is that I still believe Moon to be a 1v1 type of school, changing their play-style as they see fit; "Moon is about change". So the shift spells I did add were "attack all" attacks to make it better for group play.

Another way to make polymorphs useful in PvE would be the addition of converts into the main deck. Some of the current in-game polymorphs have a massive resist to their own school(E.g. Elementals from the Ossuary. Some of the Azteca polymorphs have already recieved an amount of resist), but are usually ineffective in casual game play because they can't really injure their opponent.

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
Concept, for sure. Be nice to see mastery added to amulets to make these things worthwhile.

Seeing the "shift" spells, which I gotta admit, are a lot nicer than polymorphs in my opinion. They don't rob you of your stats for one thing. My issue would be pip count.

Shift is a moon school spell that is like a one round polymorph. Pretty cool, love seeing them. Animations are awesome, but three pip? What have we learned.

If you have 3 white pips, its great. No problem. Only uses the required pips.

If you have 3 gold pips, you could have thrown a stronger hitting 4 or 6 pip enchanted spell of your school. But throwing during this time will cost the full 3 gold pips.

Its more of a case of timing when to throw it than anything.

Adding moon mastery to existing amulets maybe? Or including mastery on another piece of gear like sayyyy a ring?

I dunno, grasping at straws here