Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm wizards need more health plus other stuff.

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 15, 2009
Anyone who has ever tried to solo later worlds like Celestia and beyond as a storm wizard that is can be almost impossible unless you want to spend a very large amount of crown for minions to help in fights which in the end isn't really soloing.

I know that Storm wizards are supposed to go for high damage and less health, but as it stands this is simply ridiculous. When it gets to later parts of Celestia and later on Zafaria, Avalon and beyond where monsters often start out with 3 power pips and for bosses sometimes 5 or 6 it gets very hard because they can throw out a very high level attack spell like fire dragon or centaur or minotaur from multiple monsters at once.

For me It is not that I want to solo everything I do, but often have people on my buddy list that completely ignore me. I ask, often times beg for help and almost never hear a reply from them. So I am forced to sit here and try to solo a boss who has like 10,000-25,000 health when I don't even have 3,000 health.

Another thing that really irks me is that despite me having a rather high critical rating, everytime I critical on a boss, it always gets resisted. This is extremely annoying because I am trying to save up all these buffs traps and pips for strong spells and hoping it finishes them off, but I manage to get a critical, but unless it's a boss in a world before critical strikes happen, it is next to impossible to have one go through. This gets to the point that I am not putting out nearly as much damage as I could potentially be doing to monsters in a world like Avalon. I mean if I can't critical on a Myth school boss monster, what is the point to even having it? It's basically useless if all it's good for is attacking fellow wizards in the arena with a low critical resist or monsters that aren't 'boss level'.

One more thing that truly irks me is the storm minion. Now I am talking about that rank 3 storm elemental that you get early on. when you are before the Celestia world, that minion can be fairly useful. He shields you and gives sprite very rarely, but often can soak up a fairly large amount of damage and get all the monsters to target him instead of you.

However later on this proves to be entirely useless. Storm wizards, but nature need to have some form of sustain in battle, where it's some resist in all schools, or a bit more health, or need someone else in the fight to soak up some of the damage.

But when monsters in worlds like Avalon can take out the minion on the first turn he is summon he becomes a waste of pips and ultimately even if he manages to stay out for a bit I have noticed he Consistently did not shield me or cast sprite on me. I have had battles where I am very close to defeat and he sits there casting elemental shields and sprites on himself despite being full health.

He needs an AI upgrade and needs to scale in health some on top of needing new cards. If I am expected to solo in later worlds I need something to give me a chance.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
As someone who soloed Storm all the way through Khrysalis with the exception of a couple bosses I totally disagree. I never used henchmen or needed them. Try getting better gear and when going solo in boss fights, dress to resist the boss's school. You can get high resist gear in the bazaar. As for your high critical rating, I don't know what you consider high. I critical on creatures in Azteca and Khrysalis fairly often and my general mob gear gives me 399 which is pretty standard for a storm my level. Celestia is the highest point for solo with Storm in my opinion as far as being difficult. Everything from Zafaria onward was pretty easy to solo with the exception of a couple bosses like Belloq and Malistaire the Undying.

Historian
May 15, 2009
I have honestly tried, but it seems like I am always on the losing side of a fight. I struggle with every single one I partake in and it's always just getting absolutely ridiculous for me.

right now I barely even have 100 critical yet for storm. despite have armor sets like from the waterwork. it gets to the point where I am dying continuously and I just get so frustrated.

and I honestly don't know if you just know some secret that I don't, but thus far I've found about every boss hard to solo

Explorer
Feb 24, 2012
Coming from a storm wizard myself, your minion problem will get better once you hit level 88, as long as you at least have Zafaria you need to fight a storm boss with a minion, (The boss only has 1,600 health) and then you need to fight a life boss and all you need to do is spam life shields until you attack. but before that (and these are separate battles) you need to fight a snowman with 3,000 health then a myth boss with 6,000 health which are fairly easy

Historian
May 15, 2009
I have seen that new storm minion and while he is a little more useful than the storm elemental he really isn't that good when it comes to sustain. especially when it comes to fighting storm bosses. it gets a little sad when he only does like 100-200 damage because he has no prisms or anything

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
storm has too high of offensive stats now for them to be granted more health or defensive stats. Sorry.

can easily have 100% and higher damage and 500 plus critical, yeah no. It'd make that school way too strong. If wants more health, they NEED to take away some attack boost.

And don't even get me started on 's pierce from gear. LOL! Rant over.

I don't think they should have been given enfeeble either, so let's give them a Damage Over Time while we are at it. XD

I swear the school gets better and better with every update while a few other schools can nothing to add to their tool kit. It's getting to the point if they get another tool, Tempest is going to have to start hitting the caster as well as the other team. Or make a random bolt have a 50% chance of striking the caster of tempest.

Ok NOW, rant is over. lol

*ducks*

Defender
Jan 02, 2011
Samuel Wolfe on Mar 6, 2014 wrote:
Anyone who has ever tried to solo later worlds like Celestia and beyond as a storm wizard that is can be almost impossible unless you want to spend a very large amount of crown for minions to help in fights which in the end isn't really soloing.

I know that Storm wizards are supposed to go for high damage and less health, but as it stands this is simply ridiculous. When it gets to later parts of Celestia and later on Zafaria, Avalon and beyond where monsters often start out with 3 power pips and for bosses sometimes 5 or 6 it gets very hard because they can throw out a very high level attack spell like fire dragon or centaur or minotaur from multiple monsters at once.

For me It is not that I want to solo everything I do, but often have people on my buddy list that completely ignore me. I ask, often times beg for help and almost never hear a reply from them. So I am forced to sit here and try to solo a boss who has like 10,000-25,000 health when I don't even have 3,000 health.

Another thing that really irks me is that despite me having a rather high critical rating, everytime I critical on a boss, it always gets resisted. This is extremely annoying because I am trying to save up all these buffs traps and pips for strong spells and hoping it finishes them off, but I manage to get a critical, but unless it's a boss in a world before critical strikes happen, it is next to impossible to have one go through. This gets to the point that I am not putting out nearly as much damage as I could potentially be doing to monsters in a world like Avalon. I mean if I can't critical on a Myth school boss monster, what is the point to even having it? It's basically useless if all it's good for is attacking fellow wizards in the arena with a low critical resist or monsters that aren't 'boss level'.

One more thing that truly irks me is the storm minion. Now I am talking about that rank 3 storm elemental that you get early on. when you are before the Celestia world, that minion can be fairly useful. He shields you and gives sprite very rarely, but often can soak up a fairly large amount of damage and get all the monsters to target him instead of you.

However later on this proves to be entirely useless. Storm wizards, but nature need to have some form of sustain in battle, where it's some resist in all schools, or a bit more health, or need someone else in the fight to soak up some of the damage.

But when monsters in worlds like Avalon can take out the minion on the first turn he is summon he becomes a waste of pips and ultimately even if he manages to stay out for a bit I have noticed he Consistently did not shield me or cast sprite on me. I have had battles where I am very close to defeat and he sits there casting elemental shields and sprites on himself despite being full health.

He needs an AI upgrade and needs to scale in health some on top of needing new cards. If I am expected to solo in later worlds I need something to give me a chance.
um, well, my storm has finished Avalon and can solo just about everything without too much problem. Yeah, storm dies easy but that's what strategy is for.

And there are lots of people out there that enjoy having a hard hitting person in battle with them - so you could always just talk to people and ask them to join you if you're having hard times.

And as far as Storm's minion goes, the one you got at a lower level isn't designed for high level worlds, but there's a very nice new minion once you hit the right level that works just fine in worlds above Celestia.

Survivor
Apr 29, 2011
Samuel Wolfe on Mar 6, 2014 wrote:

You might be in the minority here.

I know several wizards who have mainly done solo till K1. Rarely anyone of them have complained. Perhaps your strategy needs improvement. You simply cannot increase a resist or health. The kill strength of that school is immensely high. If you want more resist or health, then you will have to sacrifice some of those hitting powers to balance the school. & have the highest life/resist, but their damage are the lowest of any of the schools. Often, players from those school complain about their weakness in damage and ask to have them increased. The same argument applies to their problem as in yours, only in reverse.

I don't know if you do this or not, but I have friends (who always ask me for help) who seems to rarely or avoid placing school specific shield on when they do boss battles. They just want to load up on blades/traps/feints and hit/kill asap, without thought in defending their low health. Those are the ones that get extremely frustrated easily during battles because they die frequently in the higher worlds. But I always tell them it's their own fault for not applying defensive strategies. The higher worlds demand higher level of strategies. The buff and hit strategies of the earlier worlds no longer is effective in the more advanced area.

If you have sound strategy, any weakness from any of the schools can be equalized.

Logan Blueflame - Promethean

Historian
May 15, 2009
I really am trying, but in all honesty. it always seems like I am behind everyone in terms of gear. whenever I get some new high level gear form storm that people tell me is very good, people pull out this new gear that blows it out of the water and leaves me lacking one again.