Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice really isnt as bad as you think.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 30, 2009
I am a level 22 Ice wizard. And I can say, Ive swept the floor with Player after player and monster after monster. Ice teamed with storm as your secondary Can make you a loner. If you only play with a friend. You should choose Balance or Myth as your secondary. Tanking, Is so easy. Hold your ground. Use ALL of your sheilds. If you have storm. Just wait. And take the Damage. Ice is probably the easiest wizard to play as. Ive taken a minute or two to go do something. I come back. Im in a battle, And I only lost 200/1,645 health. Ice makes everything super easy. You completely wipe the floor! If taken out Level 32 Fire wizards! Ice rules. Tanking for the win

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Ice is a good school for beginners. It gets harder when you get to higher worlds though. Using storm or other off-school attacks will become totally useless after Krok or Marleybone. Ice was my first wizard and I soloed most everything, but it starts to get really difficult to solo in Dragonspyre and Celestia. My advice for any Ice wizard is learn Life to Satyr and Death to Feint and forget wasting training points on storm or fire. Save training points for Sun School when you make it to Celestia. If you keep wasting them on attacks you'll never use later, you will end up having to buy back training points to get the useful spells later in the game.

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
I have a ice wizard level 63, and it is rather difficult. I am in Celestia and almost always die since damage that spells do is not high enough while my other wizard, life, had a lot less of a hard time in Celestia. Sure their spells have cool animations (no pun intended), but they really do not do much accept anger your enemies with taunts and get you killed. At level 22 ice was great but by 42, not so great. So now, level 63, stuck in Celestia.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2012
Yeah I am a ice wizard and ice wizards have the most health!

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
I agree, although KingsIsle says that Ice is one of the weakest attack of the schools later on it the game it it turns out to be one of the most proficient ( depending on how you use it) schools out of the bunch. Plus, with the multitude of health and decent accuracy it pretty gives more benefits than the other schools.

Charles Nightsword, 39 See you in the Spiral

Survivor
Sep 21, 2013
I once heard someone say Ice is the weakest. LIES. Us Thaumaturges have the most resist, the most health, the best shields, and I'm pretty sure our blade adds the most amount of damage (40%).
My Ice wizard (also my primary) is in Celestia, and she's doing just fine.
So yeah, Ice is pretty awesome.

~Esmee Watertalon, level 47
"Have a problem? Freeze it. Freezing fixes everything!"

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
eriniceheart. on Mar 8, 2014 wrote:
Yeah I am a ice wizard and ice wizards have the most health!
Are you sure?
I could've sworn life wizards had the most health because they are . Life focuses on healing mostly so it makes more sense that they have the most . Do they?

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Grace Dreamrider on Mar 9, 2014 wrote:
Are you sure?
I could've sworn life wizards had the most health because they are . Life focuses on healing mostly so it makes more sense that they have the most . Do they?
Ice wizards as a rule have the most potential health. I have seen many high level Ice wizards (L85-L95) with barely over 5,000 health, but that's because they are trying to boost other essential stats like block and damage.

My Ice wizard's standard questing gear puts my health at 6,074. With a couple of gear changes, my health can get just above 6,500 (but some of my essential stats are tanked). Having super high health isn't the best thing to have, because you need to look at what type of wizard you're going for ..... offense or defense, or a combination of both. There will be sacrifices no matter what, be it health or damage, etc. All depends on your game style

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
I can assure you, Ice is an awesome school!
The resist is amazing, my friend has more than 50% resist to all schools. That like having a tower shield for every round without casting! Your health is also plentiful, so while your attacks may be low, you can tank and save pips.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
Who ever said ice was bad? Ice has always been a great school for pvp and pve.