Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bosses are so overpowered

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 09, 2012
So much stuff about them are better than us, like----Pips, Critical Block, Attacks, Cheats (Some Bosses).I want them to be easier so we can at least solo some bosses. We don't even have time to get ready for our attacks because these bosses keep attacking us, and we will be defeated before we could even have a chance to attack.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Most of Azteca can be done solo. You just need to prepare yourself properly. The main thing for going solo... You CANNOT wear the same gear for every battle. You need to dress to the battle. The Bazaar is filled with all sorts of high resist gear for every school.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
StormMaster400 on Mar 1, 2014 wrote:
So much stuff about them are better than us, like----Pips, Critical Block, Attacks, Cheats (Some Bosses).I want them to be easier so we can at least solo some bosses. We don't even have time to get ready for our attacks because these bosses keep attacking us, and we will be defeated before we could even have a chance to attack.
I personally didn't find it any easier to slog my way though AZ after the nerf then before, maybe because I was to far into it when it took effect. It's still time consuming and where some get challenge out of that I get sheer boredom. It's a few mob fights and some sort of boss fight one right after another. I get that we would get tired of fighting the same mobs over and over but so many boss fights drags the world right into the ground for me.

I get that it's all kinds of fun to enter a dungeon and spend 5 mins. preparing for that battle and then after get everything back to regular gears/deck set up but frankly that is way to much bother for me - I usually am with others or helping anyone who doesn't get that type of delay.

In the end I though Celestia was my least fav world so I now have a new winner. Don't feel like it's just you young wizard there are a lot of wizards in that world having the same problem. I currently am not regularly questing and helped 2 menu chats into that world (3rd is still in AV) - we help a lot of wizards get though things there a long our way. Also keep in mind some people have more time to invest into honing their wizards to better take on this world.

Mary

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
I agree, it can be done solo and it is necessary to change gear, i find it fairly easy to do some bosses by following this simple spell deck set up. I'm life so you may not be able to do this: max spell capacity of heals using things such as satyr or regenerate, four reshuffles, 5 powerful attacks (if possible), max of sun spells you can put in your deck (colossal and others like it), two tower shields (spells not tc), two shields against the boss you are fighting (fire boss = fire shield and also spells not shields), two each of the blades and traps of your school. Some wizards may not be able to do this and this form may vary depending on the triggers (cheats) of the boss. Because of this, Google the boss you are fighting so you know what sort of spells they do and what cheats.
Hope this helped
Grace DreamRider

Survivor
Aug 31, 2011
seethe42 on Mar 1, 2014 wrote:
Most of Azteca can be done solo. You just need to prepare yourself properly. The main thing for going solo... You CANNOT wear the same gear for every battle. You need to dress to the battle. The Bazaar is filled with all sorts of high resist gear for every school.
good info, but I always wear same clothing and have managed to solo every boss besides Jabberwock and most dungeons. Balance is different than most schools, and gear is nice, not needing to worry about which wand. but balance is the only school I have mastered in, so I guess I can't be very helpful, but all I worry about entering into a boss battle is my deck, besides balance bosses I use the same deck only swapping out my spirit/elemental shields. but just chang your deck for the battle you're entering, decent gear should be all you need, good strategy, and you've got yourself a soloed boss.

Survivor
Mar 09, 2012
Grace Dreamrider on Mar 1, 2014 wrote:
I agree, it can be done solo and it is necessary to change gear, i find it fairly easy to do some bosses by following this simple spell deck set up. I'm life so you may not be able to do this: max spell capacity of heals using things such as satyr or regenerate, four reshuffles, 5 powerful attacks (if possible), max of sun spells you can put in your deck (colossal and others like it), two tower shields (spells not tc), two shields against the boss you are fighting (fire boss = fire shield and also spells not shields), two each of the blades and traps of your school. Some wizards may not be able to do this and this form may vary depending on the triggers (cheats) of the boss. Because of this, Google the boss you are fighting so you know what sort of spells they do and what cheats.
Hope this helped
Grace DreamRider
I can do powerful attacks because I am storm. My secondary school is life, so I only have satyr, I have colossal. I only have storm shield. Thanks for helping I'm trying to defeat Wanadi Black Sky

Survivor
Mar 09, 2012
StormMaster400 on Mar 3, 2014 wrote:
I can do powerful attacks because I am storm. My secondary school is life, so I only have satyr, I have colossal. I only have storm shield. Thanks for helping I'm trying to defeat Wanadi Black Sky
I defeated him!I got my star spell Galvanic Field for Storm