Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

new level updates

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 06, 2009
Ok so i saw the new level requirements for the worlds and i fell that they are to low i have a myth who's lvl 48 and in celestia and he is getting destroyed by the first mob did they lower the health of the mobs to?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Level 48 was the old limit, so nothing has changed for you. I breezed through Celestia on my lvl 48 Myth, which finished DS at level 44, and had to waste a week levelling up to 48. The lower limit doesn't force you to move up early. It only allows those of us players who are capable of doing it at lower levels to do so.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
The Wyrm on Feb 17, 2014 wrote:
Ok so i saw the new level requirements for the worlds and i fell that they are to low i have a myth who's lvl 48 and in celestia and he is getting destroyed by the first mob did they lower the health of the mobs to?
I personally think this level decrease is only going to benefit the experienced players who are only interested in propelling them selves the fastest they can though the game and then complain when they are bored and want new content now.

I was glad I am well past CL when this went into effect because I see many that are just making it though DS and fall flat on face in CL with the old level. I can not pass anyone who asks for help and I imagine more will need it now.

I usually land in CL around level 52 or so. I like taking in all the worlds of the Spiral and except for a few optional dungeons along the way I take all side quests. I am also in no hurry for upper worlds I really don't care for anyway.

The only way I see this working out for more is if better gear for CL becomes available earlier, level 48 spells are lowered to level 44. If you solo with Death or Life you wait a long time for that All Over Spell. The entire world is nerfed and there is a lot less critical thrown by monsters or block needed. People with perfect pets, a lot of time and crowns to spare aren't going to feel the pinch of this world at all, these are the players this decrease will work for.

It is becoming clear that KI has decided they have to adjust the challenges more in the game if they are going to continue, people want a game that is harder to play as apposed to what the first arc introduced us to. The member base now is more interested in greater challenges over the happy go lucky magical motif I started with. In order for a game to survive it does have to faze out the kids and work more on attracting older players with more cash to spend. Rather then weaken the game it will weaken the wizards in it. Many unwanted tweaks have gone on in the game over the past year to work up to this.

Mary

Explorer
Jun 26, 2012
As a reply to Northlite, if you don't go through Wintertusk before Celestia you will not make it through. I highly recommend doing Wintertusk before Celestia as it is a lot easier and you'll be at level 58+ before starting Celestia.