Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life vs Malistaire

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 02, 2011
so all life woes aside, is it possible to solo Malistaire as a life wizard?

I am level 49, semi decent gear I picked up the hive bundle at 40.

All of my spells are up to date, and my pet have some great talents: 2 Increased Crit and May Cast Life Fuel.

I made it to him somehow most likely divine intervention (thanks Moodah)

So is it possible to solo him or is he the final nail in the long coffin of the life wizard?

Remember this has to be solo because there are no players in DragonSpire.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
seacat84 on Feb 8, 2014 wrote:
so all life woes aside, is it possible to solo Malistaire as a life wizard?

I am level 49, semi decent gear I picked up the hive bundle at 40.

All of my spells are up to date, and my pet have some great talents: 2 Increased Crit and May Cast Life Fuel.

I made it to him somehow most likely divine intervention (thanks Moodah)

So is it possible to solo him or is he the final nail in the long coffin of the life wizard?

Remember this has to be solo because there are no players in DragonSpire.
Yes, it is possible. I soloed Malistaire on all but one of my wizards (when my first wizard/balance was there, it was before the instance could be soloed; before that update, a full team was *required* to complete it).

Most recently, I soloed with a level 46 life wizard. I used all in-game gear, except for a pair of boots I got from some pack once... I stuffed her sideboard with forest lord tc, to take out the minions, then I trapped Mally, reshuffled, bladed again and hit him with a huge centaur.

(It didn't kill, but I was able to take him out the following round with a wand. LOL.)

As for your statement that 'there are no players in Dragonspyre', it is untrue.

I have 2 wizards (myth and ice) there currently, and they are in the Forum, last stop before Malistaire. If you're having trouble finding people to play with, try going to a crowded realm- if that doesn't help (ie you are in a time-zone like mine and have empty servers to yourself on the reg), try wizard101central.com. It's free to make an account there, posts are in real time (don't require 12+ hours for mod approval), and there's an entire board dedicated to help with difficult instances.

(you can find me there, too: I'm Von Shadowsong, so feel free to send me a message and say hi!)

Survivor
Nov 20, 2010
Yeah, I was thinking about running malistare with my 2 friends and have put up a list:
Hunter DragonbloodLvl. 29
Noah Lifesword Lvl. 45
Robert Nightflame Lvl. 46

Yet Still, im the only one who has unlocked DS

but for me and noah theres a necropolis and atheneum between us and the questgiver, along with malistare's wife, so not gonna happen anytime soon.

by the time it does-
Hunter will be level 42
Noah will be level 69
I will be level 76 ( I play the Most)

Nightflame L. 46
Trained in-