Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dead Beets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 13, 2010
I recently planted and harvested Dead Beets. According to the Wiki you are supposed to get the seed back, but I did not. I was wondering if this was an error on the wiki or a glitch with the seed.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
pikakebabe on Feb 1, 2014 wrote:
I recently planted and harvested Dead Beets. According to the Wiki you are supposed to get the seed back, but I did not. I was wondering if this was an error on the wiki or a glitch with the seed.
Did you have space in your backpack? Sometimes when harvesting plants and you get a seed it's lost if the pack is full. It's supposed to go to your bank but doesn't always. That being said, I don't think they always give seeds. The wiki doesn't say what the rewards are, only that the seeds are one possible reward. Not all crown seeds always give a seed back.

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
i had a similar thing happen except in my case the dead beets seed entirely disappeared and i have no idea why it did or where it went

Survivor
Jun 13, 2010
seethe42 on Feb 1, 2014 wrote:
Did you have space in your backpack? Sometimes when harvesting plants and you get a seed it's lost if the pack is full. It's supposed to go to your bank but doesn't always. That being said, I don't think they always give seeds. The wiki doesn't say what the rewards are, only that the seeds are one possible reward. Not all crown seeds always give a seed back.
I checked the wiki back in October when I had gotten the seed. I thought it said you get the seed back but yesterday I read it again and it does not say that. I however think this seed should be like evil magma peas and happy holidaisy seeds because there is no other way of getting the seed but in the nightmare pack. It is a very rare drop in the pack and for a death wizard it gives a great card - Deadly Minotaur. The only way I can see to try and keep the seed is to never let it get to elder. so basically I need to let it get progress to dead and then feed it. That said this seed gives the card I want on the 3rd harvest so that makes it hard to tell when to let it go backwards. Anyway I hope that KI thinks about changing this seed to always give the seed back. I only have 2 of them and I use the deadly minotaur a lot in PVP!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
pikakebabe on Feb 2, 2014 wrote:
I checked the wiki back in October when I had gotten the seed. I thought it said you get the seed back but yesterday I read it again and it does not say that. I however think this seed should be like evil magma peas and happy holidaisy seeds because there is no other way of getting the seed but in the nightmare pack. It is a very rare drop in the pack and for a death wizard it gives a great card - Deadly Minotaur. The only way I can see to try and keep the seed is to never let it get to elder. so basically I need to let it get progress to dead and then feed it. That said this seed gives the card I want on the 3rd harvest so that makes it hard to tell when to let it go backwards. Anyway I hope that KI thinks about changing this seed to always give the seed back. I only have 2 of them and I use the deadly minotaur a lot in PVP!
Or hope that they bring back the cave like in October. I got hundreds of them back then, I just fed them to pets after I moved on to farming couch potatoes.

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
I got a bunch of these in the haunted cave as well. One gave me a mega snack at elder. Most did not reseed but one did. They drop lots of cool stuff including spooky housing items so i figured it was a holiday type seed and never expected any reseed.

Amber Raven Song95

Delver
Aug 10, 2010
I just harvested Dead Beets this morning and the same thing happened, from 5 plants I ended up with 2 seeds. I guess I just got lucky last time when I got all 5 seeds back.

One time, I got 2 Evil Magma Pea seeds from regular harvests. When I replanted the garden I also used the extra seeds and at elder 2 plants didn't give seeds back. Maybe those extra seeds were super-ultra-mega rare drops and aren't supposed to reseed themselves. I say that because I got those 2 seeds one time and it's never happened again. Last month, I found 4 EMP seeds I didn't know I had in a character's backpack. I moved them to my EMP gardener and planted them with the rest. When they "sprouted" they came up Helephant Ears!

Gardening isn't perfect, they probably spend more time working on Pets & PvP because more players complain about those. Don't be surprised if someone says that if death wizards had an unlimited supply of death minotaurs it would "upset the balance and ruin PvP forever".

Survivor
Jun 13, 2010
The only reason I want to keep my 2 seeds is for the Deadly Minotaur cards. the only sure way of keeping them I have found is to let the get progress to dead after a few harvests and hope I get the treasure cards I want in those harvests.

I still think that they should make the seed come back at elder guaranteed because of the fact that is an ultra rare pack drop (Nightmare Pack) and usually you can only get them once a year. They did however bring the packs back for a limited time and that's how I got my 2 seeds. I had 20 during October and everyone I had did not give me a seed back. Please consider changing this seed.