Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Should I do side quests?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 27, 2012
I started my fifth character recently and realized something I've never seen before... I'm level 27 and starting Mooshu... I can easily manage the enemies, as my stats and pets are pretty good, but it feels weird not being in the 30's right now. I'm afraid I'll be stuck doing wintertusk after DS. I dont mind it but I want your guy's opinions. Should I do sidequests to 30-32 or keep going. Oh and, sry for the text change, I hit something and cant figure out how to change it back...

Alexander

Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
Side quests are good no matter what level you are in my opinion, and I think you should do them. They give you XP and rewards that can boost up your stats even more to make your time in MooShu extremely easy. So, basically, side quests = good. :D

Defender
Mar 24, 2009
Yes!

Despite being able to manage enemies easy, the extra experience at lower levels really helps with leveling later on in the game. If you have an AoE, such as Meteor Strike, Blizzard, Tempest, Humongofrog, or Sandstorm, the side quests will be a breeze, because most of them are "defeat x amount of this and I'll give you items."

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
Seth Lifeblood Nic... on Jan 27, 2014 wrote:
I started my fifth character recently and realized something I've never seen before... I'm level 27 and starting Mooshu... I can easily manage the enemies, as my stats and pets are pretty good, but it feels weird not being in the 30's right now. I'm afraid I'll be stuck doing wintertusk after DS. I dont mind it but I want your guy's opinions. Should I do sidequests to 30-32 or keep going. Oh and, sry for the text change, I hit something and cant figure out how to change it back...

Alexander
Side quests are good because as you advance, you will need to be a certain level to unlock new worlds.

Defender
Jan 27, 2012
Limwenna on Jan 30, 2014 wrote:
Yes!

Despite being able to manage enemies easy, the extra experience at lower levels really helps with leveling later on in the game. If you have an AoE, such as Meteor Strike, Blizzard, Tempest, Humongofrog, or Sandstorm, the side quests will be a breeze, because most of them are "defeat x amount of this and I'll give you items."
I have an AoE but its deer knight and usually takes a few rounds to get the pips for at this level. Thats why I'm not sure if I should do them

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Seth Lifeblood Nic... on Jan 27, 2014 wrote:

Alexander
If you want to zip though the game not doing sides is the way to go as it catches up to you though you may even find battles a little more difficult to complete or they take longer then they should. If you want to experience all the worlds and what they offer do sides or at the very least some of them. Another benefit as you say is you will be to low of a level to enter Celestia and will have to make it to level 48 by doing Wintertusk and maybe even back tracking for sides.

The higher the level you get the sooner you will be able to start to build power pips into your gear letting you cast those higher pip costing spells sooner. You also will be offered spells useful for the coming battles.

Mary