Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

This Spell is OP in pvp

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 26, 2012
Beguile. I'm sorry but this spell has become overused and way overpowered in pvp. Whichever team that goes first can win a pvp with that one spell just because they have the first turn. I along with a lot of others believe that this spell is way over powered due to the fact that every team can just carry them in tc. I believe that if this spell is going to be allowed in pvp by death school ONLY. Just like insane bolt was for storm.

I can't be the only person that thinks this. post some comments below and let me know what you guys think so we can make pvp much more fun instead of losing due to this one spell.

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
You aren't the first, nor will you be the last, to complain about this spell. Now I'd suggest that you find ways to work around it but unfortunately not everyone can do this. I haven't had to deal with it but I don't know how I'd work around it. My advice is what I've seen another well-known wizard say. Use everything you have to your advantage, make it so that even if they get the spell they don't have the chance to cast it without getting nailed by a powerful spell(regular or TC, it doesn't matter). Before you argue that some of these tactics to win are cheap/noobish, hear me out. Your opponents are not going to refrain from using these tactics to remain "honorable" in battle. They will do what they can to win. If that means using beguile against you that's what they will do. I'm not sure if beguile is a TC but if it is, you should get your hands on it. If it's annoying you, think of how good it will be in the arena then.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
AlexRider1993 on Jan 26, 2014 wrote:
Beguile. I'm sorry but this spell has become overused and way overpowered in pvp. Whichever team that goes first can win a pvp with that one spell just because they have the first turn. I along with a lot of others believe that this spell is way over powered due to the fact that every team can just carry them in tc. I believe that if this spell is going to be allowed in pvp by death school ONLY. Just like insane bolt was for storm.

I can't be the only person that thinks this. post some comments below and let me know what you guys think so we can make pvp much more fun instead of losing due to this one spell.
Beguile is a strategic spell, just like a shield or a blade. If it is timed incorrectly, then it is a waste of pips. You have to predict when your opponent is going to beguile you, and not attack that turn. If you are second, the turn after you are beguiled, you can use an all enemy attack which will hit the other team, and you cannot be beguiled again. Beguile, in my experiences in pvp, has never been a problem.