Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

"do over" elixer

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 15, 2013
Hi,

An idea for KI. I am constantly frustrated w/ pet training... game after game in the pet pavilion only to get some useless talent. I once proposed a "mega elixir" where, for a large amount of crowns, a player can choose his/her last talent from the available list--nothing that I know of came of it.

How about this. A player, unhappy w/ the talent awarded could pay for a "do over" elixir, setting the experience level back to the previous promotion, and eliminating that choice from the list.

KI, do something. this problem takes a huge amount of pleasure away from my playing experience

Survivor
May 22, 2009
I just recently proposed something similar, where it de-ages the pet one age to give you another chance at obtaining a different talent. I paid over 36,000 crowns to get a penumbra drake (a pack that only comes once a year, and who knows if it will still be offered this year.) spent even more on pet food, and refill potions, only to find my pet get a completely useless talent. For that many crowns, and for being a limited and chance pet, hatching it with another pet is far too risky in order to try and get it reset.

I want the ability to either downgrade the pet one age, or reset it completely back down to baby. I don't care the price, whether it be gold or crowns, i'll pay it.

Wizard101 also stands to gain more crowns from this feature, because it encourages more energy refills and mega snack purchases, it would also make us less angry over "lottery" packs. (imagine buying 100s of packs to get that 1 special pet, only to have it become useless? Do you really think that person would ever buy another pack item to try and get a special thing, if he knows it can become useless?)
The penumbra took me 126 packs to get, it now has a useless skill. This has caused me great anger, especially with your lottery system. I would not risk buying mass packs again just to end up with another special pet that gets junk skills, unless I knew I could retrain them. Which would also mean I need to buy more energy refills and snack packs to speed up the retraining, which I would gladly do.

Moderator, would you please make sure the developers and whoever is in charge of the item shop get this message? I tried emailing the idea, but the public email checker wouldn't send it to them. Claimed private ideas sent in emails couldn't be used due to legal reasons. Well, now its public and can be, but I would greatly appreciate it if you brought a copy of this message to their attention.

Explorer
Aug 25, 2012
Sefer Fantasy on Jan 21, 2014 wrote:
I just recently proposed something similar, where it de-ages the pet one age to give you another chance at obtaining a different talent. I paid over 36,000 crowns to get a penumbra drake (a pack that only comes once a year, and who knows if it will still be offered this year.) spent even more on pet food, and refill potions, only to find my pet get a completely useless talent. For that many crowns, and for being a limited and chance pet, hatching it with another pet is far too risky in order to try and get it reset.

I want the ability to either downgrade the pet one age, or reset it completely back down to baby. I don't care the price, whether it be gold or crowns, i'll pay it.

Wizard101 also stands to gain more crowns from this feature, because it encourages more energy refills and mega snack purchases, it would also make us less angry over "lottery" packs. (imagine buying 100s of packs to get that 1 special pet, only to have it become useless? Do you really think that person would ever buy another pack item to try and get a special thing, if he knows it can become useless?)
The penumbra took me 126 packs to get, it now has a useless skill. This has caused me great anger, especially with your lottery system. I would not risk buying mass packs again just to end up with another special pet that gets junk skills, unless I knew I could retrain them. Which would also mean I need to buy more energy refills and snack packs to speed up the retraining, which I would gladly do.

Moderator, would you please make sure the developers and whoever is in charge of the item shop get this message? I tried emailing the idea, but the public email checker wouldn't send it to them. Claimed private ideas sent in emails couldn't be used due to legal reasons. Well, now its public and can be, but I would greatly appreciate it if you brought a copy of this message to their attention.
That's the main reason why I don't focus training on first generation pets. They have a chance of getting a selfish talent(there might be a few exceptions). I usually only train them to adult and then hatch to improve it.

And you could always have just hatched for the pet..

I don't buy mega snack packs for the reason that they aren't the best way to spend crowns. I'll prefer to go with evil magma peas. They are easy to care for and always give megas at elder. it's like an unlimited supply of megas.

Explorer
Oct 20, 2011
Well, my adult pet has gotten two pet talents that are completely useless. It's very bothersome to see that as my pet's talents, and I can't do anything about it. So should the do over elixir remove these talents and replace those talents with other talents? I just don't want to replace one talent.

Survivor
Nov 23, 2012
2 cents on Jan 21, 2014 wrote:
Hi,

An idea for KI. I am constantly frustrated w/ pet training... game after game in the pet pavilion only to get some useless talent. I once proposed a "mega elixir" where, for a large amount of crowns, a player can choose his/her last talent from the available list--nothing that I know of came of it.

How about this. A player, unhappy w/ the talent awarded could pay for a "do over" elixir, setting the experience level back to the previous promotion, and eliminating that choice from the list.

KI, do something. this problem takes a huge amount of pleasure away from my playing experience
That is an amazing idea! It's really annoying when I train a good pet and my stray piggle's talents are better! it would be awesome to have another shot at good talents. "Do over Elixir" would be great!
-Lauren Dragontail

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It's a bad idea for one reason. It would require redesigning the entire pet hatching system. Talents are chosen at hatching, NOT during training. No matter how many times you "do over" a pet it would get the same talents at each age.