Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Uninstall Reinstall problems

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 16, 2013
I had a quest to go into Eurek's Vault and use the Crystal Charger. In the third room it would always say "Failure to Load Area." I went on the Wizard101 website and looked for some help. It said to wait 5 minutes and so I did. I was about to get back in the game and I tried to do the dungeon again but got "Failure to Load Area" again. I tried to uninstall and reinstall Wizard101 to see if that would fix the error. When I try to unstalled the game, the icon is still there in the Control panel and when I tried to reinstall the game, it said "Wizard101 patch client not found" and that I should try to reinstall the game. I tried several time (about 20 times) to reinstall the game but it kept saying to keep trying. If anyone can help please do.

Sincerely,
Talon FrostSong level 44

Explorer
Dec 30, 2009
If you are running:
Windows XP: Go to C:\Program Files\KingsIsle Entertainment and delete the Wizard101 folder and try to download and install the game.

Windows Vista: Go to C:\Program Files\KingsIsle Entertainment and or C:\Program Files (x86)\KingsIsle Entertainment and or C:\ProgramData\KingsIsle Entertainment and delete the Wizard101 folder and try to download and install the game.

Windows 7: Go to C:\Program Files\KingsIsle Entertainment and or C:\Program Files (x86)\KingsIsle Entertainment and or C:\ProgramData\KingsIsle Entertainment and delete the Wizard101 folder and try to download and install the game.

Sorry, I am not sure about Windows 8.

Survivor
Nov 16, 2013
I deleted the Kingsisle Entertainment folder after I tried to uninstall the game so I don't have the folder anymore

Explorer
Dec 30, 2009
Hmm, then you can forget my things to delete.
If the Kingsisle folder is deleted, you should be able to re install the game with no issues.
If it still doesn't work, at this point, I would email support.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Talon FrostSong on Jan 19, 2014 wrote:
I had a quest to go into Eurek's Vault and use the Crystal Charger. In the third room it would always say "Failure to Load Area." I went on the Wizard101 website and looked for some help. It said to wait 5 minutes and so I did. I was about to get back in the game and I tried to do the dungeon again but got "Failure to Load Area" again. I tried to uninstall and reinstall Wizard101 to see if that would fix the error. When I try to unstalled the game, the icon is still there in the Control panel and when I tried to reinstall the game, it said "Wizard101 patch client not found" and that I should try to reinstall the game. I tried several time (about 20 times) to reinstall the game but it kept saying to keep trying. If anyone can help please do.

Sincerely,
Talon FrostSong level 44
It sounds like you need some technical help from the Support Team. You might want to send an e-mail to them at help@kingsisle.com.

This is a quote from one of the many posts where Professor Greyrose said how to get help:

"There could be more to look into including evaluating your computer setup as well as your internet connection. This is a job for our support team.

When you contact support, please ensure that you give us:
->the account name
->the character name
->your dxdiag file (instructions below)
->as much information about what you encountered as you can, including error messages or screenshots

NEVER send us:
->your password
->your full credit card information

The more information you give up front, the faster your issue can be resolved. It can take up to 48 hours before you receive a response.

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of your computer hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run its course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email."

community@wizard101.com

Survivor
Nov 16, 2013
Thank a lot for your help. I will try to resolve the problem with your solutions and I will email KingsIsle Support and see if I can fix it. Thank you for taking the time to respond, I love to play Wizard101 and so you made me really happy by replying