Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

multi-layer garden viewed as possible exploit

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 20, 2010
In light of the recent issues and bans with the recent gold exploit, I will ask the question that others have asked me. It's obvious that rugs and crates were never meant to be used to create sky high walkways, floating household items, and to do other things that they may not have been intended for. My question is this. Are we allowed to create multiple layer gardens using the crates? I am not sure if this has ever been addressed in print form for all to see. If they are not acceptable, which I am sure 90% of gardeners have them, please let us know now, so that those that have created them can disassemble them and return to creating one layer gardens.

We have been able to stack crates and use them to do this for years.

What is KI's view on them???

Administrator
We've covered this previously but I'll reiterate it here.

"Stacking" (both furniture and plants) is not a gameplay impacting issue. It is purely cosmetic and does not in any way give those who use this practice an unfair game advantage over those who do not.

Regardless of how many plants you stack, the area of effect spells will only apply to a limited number of plants.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Dec 20, 2010
I searched but couldn't find anything, thank you for responding

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
OldStormWizard on Jan 14, 2014 wrote:
I searched but couldn't find anything, thank you for responding
Here is where it was addressed before:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/crafting-gardening/rumor-or-not-bannable-for-plant-stacking-48826

Survivor
Feb 17, 2011
Do take note that if you have a stacked garden and LOSE A SEED DUE TO KI GLITCH they will NOT replace it simply BECAUSE your garden is stacked. Twice I ran into my house to retrieve seeds from bank while replanting and lost seeds. I realized later that my garden spell book was still open when I went into my house. I asked for replacement but KI took one look at my double-stacked garden and responded that, due to the stacking, they wouldn't help me out. Just be careful when gardening and you'll be fine.

Defender
Sep 29, 2008
what should be happening is if you stack and loose something because of the stacking then they sshouldnt replace a seed but if their programming bugs when they patch stuff and the seed was in the dirt when their glitches mess it up then they should replace it cause then they are in fact liable cause reguardless of the stacking then it will have been their patches that messed them up and not the stacking.Furthermore the plants should not even be disappearing due to stacking we pay good money for this game and it should be mostly bug free so they should definietly patch that issue eventually.After all why punish players for wanting to save some money to spend on other stuff instead of energy potions.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Rikudo Sennin on Apr 9, 2014 wrote:
what should be happening is if you stack and loose something because of the stacking then they sshouldnt replace a seed but if their programming bugs when they patch stuff and the seed was in the dirt when their glitches mess it up then they should replace it cause then they are in fact liable cause reguardless of the stacking then it will have been their patches that messed them up and not the stacking.Furthermore the plants should not even be disappearing due to stacking we pay good money for this game and it should be mostly bug free so they should definietly patch that issue eventually.After all why punish players for wanting to save some money to spend on other stuff instead of energy potions.
Just food for thought on this post... stacking is in fact a bug. It happens to be a bug that people liked and so KI decided to allow it to stay at the request of players. If you are choosing to use that bug and have issues, they are within their rights to refuse to assist as bugs can (and often do) interact with patches in unforeseen ways. Knowingly using bugs, regardless of intent, should be viewed as voiding the manufacturer warranty and as such you should not expect assistance after the fact because you are using the system in a way for which it was never designed. This kind of thought process would be akin to using a ladder as a bridge, having the ladder break under load, then expecting the ladder company to replace it because it was working perfectly well as a bridge for a while.

Explorer
May 13, 2013
OldStormWizard on Jan 14, 2014 wrote:
In light of the recent issues and bans with the recent gold exploit, I will ask the question that others have asked me. It's obvious that rugs and crates were never meant to be used to create sky high walkways, floating household items, and to do other things that they may not have been intended for. My question is this. Are we allowed to create multiple layer gardens using the crates? I am not sure if this has ever been addressed in print form for all to see. If they are not acceptable, which I am sure 90% of gardeners have them, please let us know now, so that those that have created them can disassemble them and return to creating one layer gardens.

We have been able to stack crates and use them to do this for years.

What is KI's view on them???
Thx Lydia grey rose for confirming this. I've never actually done it before since I'm still a noob, but I will plan on doing it in the future since it's safe.

Lvl28