Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Am I weak or just lazy?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 02, 2012
So I beat Dragonspyre (Finally!) and I'm level 54. I just started Celestia, but, I always need help on battles. Either someone is there to help me, I call for help, or I just don't want to start a battle until someone helps. I think I am a little weak, because I'm Life, and it focuses more on healing, but I have a ton of attack spells as well. Celestia was a big change in difficulty from Dragonspyre, but I always needed help on both. Anyone have some ideas on what I should do?

Hunter LifeLeaf

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
If you're having trouble in Celestia, I'd suggest taking a break and work on Wintertusk in Grizzleheim to level up some and also get better gear.

Survivor
May 08, 2012
Survivor
Feb 02, 2013
Your not weak, nor lazy. Life is based around healing and friends, so your doing alright. P.S. I am Myth, so i don't know much about that stuff.

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
Hello Plantini,

If you haven't done so already, do some questing in Wintertusk and the first couple of zones introduce some new gear vendors from which you may find some upgraded gear. You are not alone in your view on Celestia coming from Dragonspyre, as many players find it rather difficult in the beginning. The mobs have more health, advanced spells, and the ability to Critically Hit you doing double the damage.

You didn't mention if you have placed training points in other schools to boost your damage, or defensive abilities, so you may want to consider that as well; if you have, my apologies.

I wouldn't feel too bad about grouping up with others, as you may make a friend or two which will make leveling much easier for all involved.

Best of luck to you Plantini

Gabriel

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
You can't be too weak, i'm a lower level and i'm in Stormriven and, no I don't think your too lazy either. But, yes, Celestia is harder, it's a big change.

Lacking confidence in yourself.
  • Have you ever thought this: What if I don't survive? That makes you nervous the whole battle, afraid you might lose. I always search up my quest and confirm what I have to do. If there is a boss, I search that up too. It let's me know what to expect.

He's too HARD! I can't do this by myself!

• Well, ya, everything will be harder in Celestia. It's a big step from going to simple blades and traps battles, to critical rating and brand new magic. Life wizards have a huge advantage though, the life minion. She can heal you as well as get rid of shields. Make sure you have a lot of those types of spells. Sanctuary too, the Sprite Guardian and Sanctuary are one of the best combos for me and I like the company. :D

I killed the boss, the minion killed me.
  • This is why you always kill the minion first, then you take down the boss after healing a bit. This is also where the minion comes in handy, a few fairies with the Sanctuary should be able to boost your health back to normal.
Patience is the key.

• Sometimes it's a bad idea to be hostile, take time to put on shields, sanctuary, minion. Don't rush through the battles, because that might lead you to a trip back to the base camp. It's a lot faster to be slow.

That's really all the tips I could give you, so see if they you out. See you in the Spiral!

~ Vanessa Rainbowpetal, level 52 theurgist

Defender
Dec 27, 2011
I had trouble on both worlds just like you. Did you get your austrial spells? They could be of use. A good idea is to level up.

Antonio Sandshade, Level 50 Grandmaster Pyromancer

Explorer
May 21, 2012
Plantini on Jan 11, 2014 wrote:
So I beat Dragonspyre (Finally!) and I'm level 54. I just started Celestia, but, I always need help on battles. Either someone is there to help me, I call for help, or I just don't want to start a battle until someone helps. I think I am a little weak, because I'm Life, and it focuses more on healing, but I have a ton of attack spells as well. Celestia was a big change in difficulty from Dragonspyre, but I always needed help on both. Anyone have some ideas on what I should do?

Hunter LifeLeaf
lol no pun intended on this but i have to say ur just being lazy i ran celsestia through on my life easily i soloed nearly everything i suggest training in strangth enchancement spells

Explorer
Feb 16, 2011

Hunter LifeLeaf
Change up your deck so you have the spells you need. If healing spells come up in the first few rounds discard them. Also change your deck depending on who your fighting. If it's a boss get more heals because I'm sure you will need them. If they are just minions in the streets carry a small deck to end the battle fast. Get better gear. I suggest crafted gear. It's almost always better than the gear you can buy.

I hope this helped Robert DragonBreath level 94

Survivor
Aug 31, 2011
I'd be happy to help you if you want to meet up sometime, I'm a level 77 balance.

Explorer
Jan 08, 2011
I am frequently annoyed by the sudden difficulty spike from DS to CL, and as a Balance it's quite difficult to run through a normal area without getting sent back to the Base Camp. Even though I'm level 61 at the moment, I refuse to go through the Science Center without help, hehe. I suggest A. henchmen or B. waiting for a few strong friends to come on.

Also, those defeat and collects. Just no.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2012
i have the same problem and i still need some help but i got better gear and learned a few things from diffrent fansites about wizard101 and now i don't need to much help any more .

erin goldbringer-lvl51

allison - lvl 31

cori - lvl 17

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
There is a big spike in difficulty between DS and CL. Lots of changes too with the introduction of critical and the astral schools in CL.

Have you spent any time in Wintertusk? The XP and gold there are great. The difficulty level between DS and WT isn't as steep a spike as that between DS and CL. I've been questing in both WT and CL on my main wizard; WT provides a nice break from CL. I only have the final area of Wintertusk to finish and will be a little sad to finish it.

Miranda Nightsinger, Legendary Necromancer
Calamity Windbane, Magus Diviner

Survivor
Jan 21, 2011
Omg I know how you feel. I'm ice level 51 and I cant get past anything!!! Celestia is so hard!!!!

Survivor
Dec 27, 2011
Delver
Apr 21, 2012

Hunter LifeLeaf
I think it may be the jump in difficulty from Dragonspyre to Celestia. I also had troubles, but I've since managed to get past the Crustacean Empire mostly solo.